Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Does anyone know if Vango make an air beam awning to fit a Ducato panel van without it having a Fiamma type awning fitted to figure eight it to.

Can it be tied over the van roof, can they be used by fitting an awning rail or must they have the Fiamma awning

Thanks in advance

Petest

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New convert
I've got the kela and it comes with straps to throw over as well as the kador strip

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I've also got the Vango Kella air beam for our coach built motorhome, it comes with various fixings, also there is 2 different heights 1 for panel van and 1 for coach built vans.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Yes we have the kela two tall, it has the option to throw tie downs over the roof, or just roll back the tunnel part and use as a stand alone. We mostly use ours freestanding now. Our avatar shows it attached via awning rail, looks similar if use with throw over straps.

Lin :)

OP
OP
laneside

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Yes we have the kela two tall, it has the option to throw tie downs over the roof, or just roll back the tunnel part and use as a stand alone. We mostly use ours freestanding now. Our avatar shows it attached via awning rail, looks similar if use with throw over straps.

Sorry to be a pest but are they good or would you go back to steel framed as a preference

Thanks Alan

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
My son purchased one just three weeks ago at Newbury Allan, both I and he very impressed. He has bought the Galli which just throws over his van as he doesn't have an awning to connect too.

Once up I swear you could almost drive his little van inside it. Up in around 4 minutes by the pros, 10-12 minutes my son seems to play around with it, but it was windy in his defence.

Petest

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New convert
I love the air beam system. Very stable as well as a lot lighter than poles.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We have a kampa Rallye air awning. It would be the easiest thing in the world to decide where you want the awning to fix and the buy online some awning rail c section and fix it.

Deleted User
Sorry to be a pest but are they good or would you go back to steel framed as a preference

Thanks Alan
Hi, it's the first awning we have had, never had the steel frame ones, so can't give a comparison, it's very easy to use though, we had it up for a month last year in Portsmouth, when attached to roll out it's a bit noisy in wind, so we now use free standing. Only change we would make is the way it unzips. The sides all open fully with zips to either mesh or a couple of clear windows, or completely open, but because the zips go bottom to top you can't have then all halfway down, with the dogs this is a pain as they can wander out, for us would prefer to be able to zip bottom to top to keep them enclosed. Other than that it's great. We are looking at swapping the zips to work to suit us.
Nige finds it very easy to put up, can do it alone in 15 mins. Most of that is the staking out :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back