VanBitz Strikeback Help please (1 Viewer)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
@eddievanbitz

We had a bit of an issue setting the alarm in overnight mode last night - probably an operator IDtenT issue ......

i thought the setting was A B B but the alarm sounded as we moved around the motorhome :( So I read the book but wasn't sure if I should press A (short press) and then A (long press) or just a single A long press. Didn't want to set the alarm off again so didn't set it last night.

Can anyone help please?

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Press small button once (not sure which is A or B) until led flashes quickly, the alarm is checking circuits.
After a few seconds press larger button, 3 short blips. Press larger button again, 3 more blips.
Wait to check that led is flashing slowly, alarm is set and all should be OK.
Sleep soundly. :)

Richard.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Press small button once (not sure which is A or B) until led flashes quickly, the alarm is checking circuits.
After a few seconds press larger button, 3 short blips. Press larger button again, 3 more blips.

Richard.
Thanks....I was just typing that. Certainly the way I used to disable the interior alarm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

Richard.
In the words of ...
2010EM2896.jpg

"That's the way to do it"

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp

Richard.

Thanks for that. I "thought" that was what I had done but will try again later. No doubt we will have complaints if it goes off more than once :)

The book says a long press on the small button but isn't clear as to if it is a short press first :)

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I assume it is the little button to take it off in the morning :) :)

Martin just asked!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I assume it is the little button to take it off in the morning :) :)

Martin just asked!
Yes, just un-set the alarm as normal. But remember that this also un-sets the interior sensor disablement, so you need to do it all again if needed

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
Thanks for that. I "thought" that was what I had done but will try again later. No doubt we will have complaints if it goes off more than once :)

The book says a long press on the small button but isn't clear as to if it is a short press first :)

Remember you have 20-25 seconds when arming to complete the command for night/pet mode.. If you press the butons as indicated too quickly then you may not arm it correctly... so basically dont rush (y)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
@eddievanbitz

We had a bit of an issue setting the alarm in overnight mode last night - probably an operator issue Can anyone help please?

Richard.
Perfectly described (y)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
There you go, Page Six
Arm Strikeback in the normal way. Then press “Button B” twice. The system will flash the lights 3 times and beep 3 times after each press. The LED will flash very fast for the first 25 seconds to confirm, then flash the normal alarmed mode. The full system will automatically reset when the system is next activated after disarming from this mode.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
There you go, Page Six
Wish I had a strike back alarm on my van - got a wretched scorpion system and tracker already fitted when I bought it. Bloody nightmare trying to set it with the interior sensor turned off

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Wish I had a strike back alarm on my van - got a wretched scorpion system and tracker already fitted when I bought it. Bloody nightmare trying to set it with the interior sensor turned off
:whistle:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It is all (apparently) fitted by le Voyageur or by the dealer when new and although I hate it after three vans with Strikeback, I can't justify replacing both that and the tracker - but if I win the lottery I'll be booking in at Cornish farm tout de suite.......... if only to admire your new gin palace

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Ours is never set at night. The other half worries in case it goes off and wakes the neighbours.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
A very timely reminder thread as it’s our first night in the Moho since the alarm was fitted so now alarm all set with us inside!

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Ours is never set at night. The other half worries in case it goes off and wakes the neighbours.
Had a Growler on two vans now and over almost seven years. As I posted above it’s set every night, home and away, and we’ve never had a false alarm.
We spend about 160-170 nights a year in the MoHo.
Worry not.

Richard.

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Depend s on where we are parked up but when we do set it almost with out fail in my morning Kellogg man state I open the door and set it of then spend ages faffing around trying to find the fob to turn it of.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We have a different system but it has an intuitive feature. When set the indicators flash twice but three times when disarming it. The intuitive bit is ON has two letters and OFF has three so the number of flashes tells you what it is doing. A simple thing but it works for a simple soul like me. :)

Phantomphixer

Free Member
Jul 6, 2018
Funster No
It is all (apparently) fitted by le Voyageur or by the dealer when new and although I hate it after three vans with Strikeback, I can't justify replacing both that and the tracker - but if I win the lottery I'll be booking in at Cornish farm tout de suite.......... if only to admire your new gin palace
Woe, Woe Woe!! All this talk of alarms, we need to get the priorities right! Gin Palace? Pray tell, I'm booked in next week for Growler / Non Starter etc. Question do you have to make an additional booking for the Gin Palace??:LOL::LOL::LOL:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Woe, Woe Woe!! All this talk of alarms, we need to get the priorities right! Gin Palace? Pray tell, I'm booked in next week for Growler / Non Starter etc. Question do you have to make an additional booking for the Gin Palace??:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Costs extra to look at it old chap..... the money keeps Eddie in beer for the Rugby season.

P.S. ripping XV582 Black Mike to bits at the end of the month for her final trip down to St Athan.....

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Costs extra to look at it old chap..... the money keeps Eddie in beer for the Rugby season.

P.S. ripping XV582 Black Mike to bits at the end of the month for her final trip down to St Athan.....
There is always free Beer at Cornish Farm the Friday before we beat the All Blacks by 30 points the following day!

Phantomphixer

Free Member
Jul 6, 2018
Funster No

Ah I see, a Rugby Man thank goodness for that! I cant be doing with all this poncy Football gets on me Pip!
Black Mike is going to be on display at St Athan .... Sort of homecoming for her I guess. Treat her carefully mate!(y)

There is always free Beer at Cornish Farm the Friday before we beat the All Blacks by 30 points the following day!
Guess your beer store is pretty safe then Eddie! 2012 was the last time when Farrell pulled it out of the hat for us. Not by 30 points though(y)
Note to self book Cornish farm 2nd November and 9th November:LOL:(y)
P.S. Does it have to be 30 points?

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
All was well ...... it was me being too impatient first time round :)

Giving a download link is fine when there is a good internet link but I was having real problems getting any connection where we were :(

No internet at all last night.

Still all sorted now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back