Vanbitz Non Starter abroad (1 Viewer)

Feb 14, 2010
Funster No
Hi,

We are going to have a Vanbitz Non Starter fitted in the new year, have read all the stuff on the site and spoken to the guys at VB.
Non Starter "tm" relies on a SIM , they pay the first year and after that we pay £55 per year, apparently most likely with Vodafone. So my question is will Vodafone allow that SIM to operate outside the UK 365 days a year or is there some time limit.
We live in France, will it work or will Vodafone pull the plug.

Any help/ideas would be great

OP
OP
S
Feb 14, 2010
Funster No
Vanbitz are on Xmas hols, don't know what the actual SIM contract is and Vodafone are bound to ask which one it is. We do not want to disturb their holiday, they have been so helpful but we're a bit concerned Vodafone won't allow use outside UK 365 days/year

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Vanbitz are on Xmas hols, don't know what the actual SIM contract is and Vodafone are bound to ask which one it is. We do not want to disturb their holiday, they have been so helpful but we're a bit concerned Vodafone won't allow use outside UK 365 days/year
I didn't mean to be rude but admit it seemed sarcastic, sorry. Knowing Eddie, if he sees any message from you, you'll get a reply, and I have found Vodafone to be quite helpful (sometimes!). Hope you get an answer.
Merry Christmas
Ron :xThumb::xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
When the time comes would you be able to change the sim to one of these that works worldwide and costs pennies per year to run.

https://www.globalm2msim.com/

Got one on the tracker hidden on my electric bike. x:-)

OP
OP
S
Feb 14, 2010
Funster No
Ron, we didn't take any offence. please don't worry no apology needed.

Super Mike, hi, that is an idea and we're looking into it and will chat to VB when they return. We live in France now and are looking at a French, low cost SIM
Thanks guys

Bob & Ellie

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Bob & Ellie, how the devil are you both. Trust you are both well and you're obviously still mohoming.

K&L + jess xx

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
Hi,

We are going to have a Vanbitz Non Starter fitted in the new year, have read all the stuff on the site and spoken to the guys at VB.
Non Starter "tm" relies on a SIM , they pay the first year and after that we pay £55 per year, apparently most likely with Vodafone. So my question is will Vodafone allow that SIM to operate outside the UK 365 days a year or is there some time limit.

Hi,

The sim card supplied in the new Non Starter system is a world wide roaming Data sim and will work continuously for 365 days irrespective to where you are in the world.

The first year as you know is included as part of the system and the onward annual subscription charge of £55 is to pay to keep the contract with the data network supplier.

So basically you will not have a problem irrespective on where you live, like in France..

Enjoy your visit to Taunton in the new year :)

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
When the time comes would you be able to change the sim to one of these that works worldwide and costs pennies per year to run.

https://www.globalm2msim.com/

Got one on the tracker hidden on my electric bike. x:-)

Do you have to top up monthly or lose the connection if not used in xx no. of days?

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
The £55 annual subscription is not with a Phone company but with the company that wrote the app - Metatrak. They provide the support including the sim charges.

OP
OP
S
Feb 14, 2010
Funster No
James- Johns Cross. . .thank you for that.

Camdoon, also many thanks. we did wonder how it all worked

And just a big thank you to everybody who posted, we haven't asked many questions on the site but look at it a lot and we have to say what a great family it is, thank you.

Canopus, we have sent you a PM, so pleased you remember us.

OP
OP
S
Feb 14, 2010
Funster No
Thank you all so much, have a wonderful Xmas and @eddievanbitz we'll speak to you guys 7th Jan to finalize the appointment, ferry is already booked. Really hope we haven't interrupted your Xmas break.

P Jones

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Retford
Funster No
MH
ci carioca 694
Exp
Hi,

be care full of the 90 days, if you dont try, it they can, cut you off, no oh yes they can,we waved them good by,
ps,i dont like being cheated,so be on your tose,pj

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Do you have to top up monthly or lose the connection if not used in xx no. of days?

No it stays on the system. You can set it up so that it will auto topup, with £5, £10 etc when it’s balance drops to a level you set.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We are at present in Spain and our non starter is sending me messages when I accidentally set of the alarm, I have not used the non starter here as I always have the keys with me and alarm is set:xThumb::xThumb::xThumb::xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back