Vanbitz MetaTrak Jamming Attempt Detected (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2017
Oxford, UK
Funster No
MH
A/S Bourton
Exp
Three years and still learning
We had a Growler and Non-starter system fitted in our van back in April. A couple of weeks ago whilst sitting in the van in Exeter services the alarm went off. Slight panic ensured as we hadn't set it but eventually all settled down and peace and quiet returned. Then messages popped up on my mobile saying there had been a jamming attempt detected. To cut a long story short, we sent an email to Eddie (fount of all knowledge at Vanbitz) who explained that the system had detected something it didn't like such as an attempt to block its communication with the local GSM mast so it put out a warning and let me know. Thinking about it later I did recall seeing some shifty looking characters lurking around so pleased the system was on the ball!

BMM

Free Member
May 26, 2017
Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Just out of interest are you able to change the sim card in those systems?

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
When motorcycling in Spain.... Some fuel stations (rarely) affected the wireless key thing-a-ma-jig... And we had to wheel our motorcycles away from the pumps in order to start them....

I suspect the same/similar may have happened to you .... And the system informed you of such....

My logic being.... You where in van and it would be unlikely "someone" would do that to your Moho in those circumstances....

However, they may have been targeting "another vehicle" and you was in the "cross fire"...

Whatever, the system "saw something [odd] and duly reported it to its master :)

BMM

Free Member
May 26, 2017
Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a Newbie
I'm intrigued how this system would work, surely if someone was using a jamming device to block signals to and from your motorhome the installed device wouldn't know if it was being jammed or was simply in an area of no signal. I can see how it's possible for a GPS tracking device to know it's being blocked but not a GSM system!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mta

Free Member
Oct 21, 2013
nuneaton
Funster No
MH
Carado T138
Exp
since 2000
I had a similar happening to Fletton with our motorhome and the Growler system at a service station in france. I had to go into the reset with the alarm going off and security checking us out. Embarrasing but reassuring, not happened since.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Just out of interest are you able to change the sim card in those systems?
Yes you can, we are still not sure what went wrong but presume we must have left it more than 2 months without sending a message. Its a bit of a palaver though especially for those of us whose toolkit is rather basic. I had to buy a new set of screw drivers as they were torque screws. Cannot imagine I will ever use them again unless we do it again of course!

nepans

Free Member
Jan 8, 2013
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Tracker
Exp
40 years +
Similar jamming experience at Dover whilst waiting for the ferry. Nice to have confidence that some situations are successfully monitored

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
my van is at my local Fiat Professional dealer with the alarm set in garage mode and I've just had a jamming attempt notification on my iphone... ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back