Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
wondering if anyone has come across this problem?

We are sitting near Gibraltar airport and the alarm keeps going off when set and also when not set !

The reported problem is “Jamming attempt detected”

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
High level of radio interference. Set the alarm then disable the internal sensor then close the door quick. It should then set OK. Happened to us a few weeks ago and that's what @eddievanbitz told me to do. Worked fine but of course your protection is reduced to the external contacts. Or you could drive a few hundred yards away and see if the interference stops.
Hope it works for you.
Steve

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
High level of radio interference. Set the alarm then disable the internal sensor then close the door quick. It should then set OK. Happened to us a few weeks ago and that's what @eddievanbitz told me to do. Worked fine but of course your protection is reduced to the external contacts. Or you could drive a few hundred yards away and see if the interference stops.
Hope it works for you.
Steve
Thanks for that, but with the exception of leaving the door open, that’s how I set the alarm every night, and it’s not the setting that is he problem as it goes off when not set !

Still nothing ventured nothing gained so I’ve give it a try

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Not so sure as it goes off when not set .......
because the alarm detects it as somebody trying to defeat the alarm by overloading the detectors

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Thanks for that, but with the exception of leaving the door open, that’s how I set the alarm every night, and it’s not the setting that is he problem as it goes off when not set !

Still nothing ventured nothing gained so I’ve give it a try
That doesn't make sense how can it go off when not set unless you are parked right in front of the radar. As I said before try moving a bit if you can. Where are you parked, just outside the fence? I thought they had stopped that a while back.
Steve

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
That doesn't make sense how can it go off when not set unless you are parked right in front of the radar. As I said before try moving a bit if you can. Where are you parked, just outside the fence? I thought they had stopped that a while back.
Steve
Agreed it doesn’t make any sense ........ we are the blue dot in the picture..... o not the one in the middle of the runway, top left

4EEF09CA-D7DB-4F3A-886F-40F6F171BC9A.jpeg

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
@eddievanbitz bits would have Ben my first port of call I hear his support is second to none
He knows his system better than any one
Bill

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i live an mile and a half from a radar station at the local airport. we can hear the radar sweep on the car radio as it has a range of 10 miles and is more powerful the nearer the transmitter you get

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I suspect you are getting the full force of the radar there. Used to be able to park along by the sports centre which I think is where the white circle with the black diamond is to the right of your position, I may be wrong I have only ever arrived in the dark. Somebody else will know. If you move it will prove there is not a fault with the system though.
Steve

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Twice more through the night, at least there are no flashing lights to identify that it’s us making the noise ……………… still time to move on and stop annoying the neighbors!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
There’s a nice aire just outside Gibraltar at the marina Linea De Conception . It’s 12 euros. Hope you went to see the monkeys in Gib:)

Hope you get alarm fixed today.

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
There’s a nice aire just outside Gibraltar at the marina Linea De Conception . It’s 12 euros. Hope you went to see the monkeys in Gib:)

Hope you get alarm fixed today.
Think that’s the one we are on, it’s €12 any way, with a lovely bar and restaurant..

Hopefully when we move away form the airport the problem will go, although with the alarm off I’m at a loss as to why the airport would make the siren go off

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just a wild guess. Same frequency of airwaves maybe. Get on the phone to Eddie at 10am, hopefully you will get sorted.(y)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Agreed it doesn’t make any sense ........ we are the blue dot in the picture..... o not the one in the middle of the runway, top left

View attachment 197356
That is the Aire on the Marina at La Linea. We stopped there in the spring for 2 or 3 days and had no problem at all with our Growler. Time to speak to Eddie I suspect.

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
wondering if anyone has come across this problem?

We are sitting near Gibraltar airport and the alarm keeps going off when set and also when not set !

The reported problem is “Jamming attempt detected”

Good morning,

Sorry just seen this post and not sure if you have spoken to the office yet?

This is your Non Starter system detecting a Jamming attempt of some description in the area (not necessary your motorhome I point out) so it will sound the main primary Battery Backup siren and alert you via message.

It is nothing to do with the Growler system hence why the alarm being on or off does not effect the event that is occurring.

We had exactly the same situation recently with a customer parked in the middle of the New Forrest where vehicles left in remote locations is a popular place for thief's to attempt Jamming tactics.

The equipment that can be used to try such a jamming attempt will transmit sometimes so strong it may not even be near your vehicle but more so in the proximity. The main siren will sound for around 20 seconds and alert you to the attempt. It may be something that is being transmitted from the Airport and yes once you leave the location it will stop. We can turn this function off if it persists and you are completely happy that nobody is attempting a break in if you intend to stay at this location for a period?

You can call me in the office 01823 353235 or email james@vanbitz.com or just PM me on Fun?

Hope this makes sense but just to put your mind at rest the equipment is actually doing its job!

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Good morning,

This is your Non Starter system detecting a Jamming attempt of some description in the area (not necessary your motorhome I point out) so it will sound the main primary Battery Backup siren and alert you via message.

It is nothing to do with the Growler system hence why the alarm being on or off does not effect the event that is occurring.

We had exactly the same situation recently with a customer parked in the middle of the New Forrest where vehicles left in remote locations is a popular place for thief's to attempt Jamming tactics.

The equipment that can be used to try such a jamming attempt will transmit sometimes so strong it may not even be near your vehicle but more so in the proximity. The main siren will sound for around 20 seconds and alert you to the attempt. It may be something that is being transmitted from the Airport and yes once you leave the location it will stop. We can turn this function off if it persists and you are completely happy that nobody is attempting a break in if you intend to stay at this location for a period?

You can call me in the office 01823 353235 or email james@vanbitz.com or just PM me on Fun?

Hope this makes sense but just to put your mind at rest the equipment is actually doing its job!
That is very interesting, ours went off yesterday for no reason. The van had not been touched for 3 weeks. It was parked on our drive in Sherborne. Frightened next doors poor Boxer to death and us. It was in the middle of the day and there was no-one trying to get in. Hopefully it's a one off and that's the reason for ours. We had flown back from Tenerife the night before but it has made me realise how reassuring it would have been to be able to look at the tracker phone message and see that the van was still on our drive if it had happened whilst we were away.
Thank you @jamesvanbitz

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Good morning,

Thanks James, we ha e moved from the airport and I’ll monitor the situation to see if it reoccurs

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
@jamesvanbitz James. Is this facility just on the newer Non Starters? My one was fitted in November 2015 so will it have this as well?

This facility is offered on the current Non Starter MT, APP controlled based product?

you can PM me your details and I can look up what version we installed for you?

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We once had a strange alarm problem.
Randomly around mid day our alarm would go off. It was confusing until I was stood in front of the van when the sun came out from behind a cloud and shone straight on the van, the sun set the PIR off, so during the summer we now leave the roof blind closed over the table.

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
That is very interesting, ours went off yesterday for no reason. The van had not been touched for 3 weeks. It was parked on our drive in Sherborne. Frightened next doors poor Boxer to death and us. It was in the middle of the day and there was no-one trying to get in. Hopefully it's a one off and that's the reason for ours. We had flown back from Tenerife the night before but it has made me realise how reassuring it would have been to be able to look at the tracker phone message and see that the van was still on our drive if it had happened whilst we were away.
Thank you @jamesvanbitz

When you say it went off, do you mean the alarm was triggered on this occasion? Wasn't as this post is asking with reference to Jamming attempts?

If it was the alarm that has been triggered then on disarming the alarm did you remember to look and count the flash codes of the LED's so we have an indication on what circuit was triggered?

Your flash codes will be in your instruction booklet so you can establish what circuit is to fault? Once you have established what circuit was triggered and checked the motorhome if nothing obvious then please contact me here in the office and I can run through some suggestions on what to look for?

01823 353235

James

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
Thanks James, we ha e moved from the airport and I’ll monitor the situation to see if it reoccurs

Ok no problem.

keep me posted and let me know if have any additional questions

regards
James

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
We once had a strange alarm problem.
Randomly around mid day our alarm would go off. It was confusing until I was stood in front of the van when the sun came out from behind a cloud and shone straight on the van, the sun set the PIR off, so during the summer we now leave the roof blind closed over the table.

Do you have one of our alarms?

We don't install PIR or ultrasonic sensors as they will yes detect temperature changes like you are explaining? We install High frequency module sensors (Microwave sensor) which does not detect differences in temperature or wind detection as an example? It will need to be a physical movement or something of solid based structure for the sensor to detect.

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003

Just to let you know as I forgot to say before. If you set your Non Starter to Garage Mode in the command setting then this will disable all functions including the jamming attempt facility. Of course I state we do not recommend this as the system is doing its job as I posted before! (y)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
That is the Aire on the Marina at La Linea. We stopped there in the spring for 2 or 3 days and had no problem at all with our Growler. Time to speak to Eddie I suspect.

We too parked there in February and had no problem with our vanbiz alarm either...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back