Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
:eek: Bearing in mind we are booked into a Dover campsite next Tuesday before we cross the channel for our first ever expedition to the bigger bit of Europe, we went to visit Derek (don't ask) yesterday to go and fill up with diesel, LPG , find a weighbridge etc. the general pre journey stuff.
Turned the key, started the engine, then it sounded very mechanically nasty, farted, then died, with no apparent willingness to re start.:eek:
We've spent so long preparing the van for our trip new front tyres, mot 3 months before it expires , sv tech to get the weight right, even amateur carpentry to redesign how our bed goes together so I can do it whilst a bit pissed & not end up arguing with my lovely wife!

Obviously I panicked!
The van has ALWAYS burst into life the very second I turned the engine over. I decided it was a fuel problem.
Long story short(after getting my friendly mechanic to come to where we store it) , diesel was peeing out of the bottom of the fuel filter! Air was in the system!
So after I've finished this tale of woe I'm off to replace the tiny rubber washer that had perished causing the problem.
All of our prep buggered up by a tiny rubber washer, unbelievable.
We're lucky though, what if it went just before getting off the ferry next Wednesday (y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
S**t happens mate, and can strike at any time, anywhere. At least you sorted it before, as you say, landed on enemy shores!. (y)

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
better to have the small problem on home ground than else where,have a nice and secure trip enjoy,Regards Alf

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Well at least you've been able to sort it before you go(y)

Glad to hear yours is a blokey - Derek, ours is a blokey too (collecting Mon) don't understand how all these peeps got girlie mh's :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back