CamperJack
Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
Be a rebel and connect it back up now, if it doesn't reset now it ain't going to.

Amazingly the van will now lock if I use my foot to push the door inwards at the bottom right corner.

I wonder if the battery did the trick a bit.

I'll have a play with packing out around the sensor next.

OP
OP
CamperJack
Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
IMG_20210919_191735.jpg

Well there it is. This is what success looks like. Doesn't it look a mess?

I've managed to persuade the super computer that a closed door is infact closed. And it has even deigned to allow the locking of the front doors too. 🙄

I wedged in half a ton of cardboard behind the sensor and covered it with vast amounts of duct tape.

The question has to be asked... why does the manufacturer fit the sensor on such flimsy metal when it is continually smacked every time the sliding door is closed, thus knocking it out of shape to the point the sensors no longer meet and cause maddening beeping, flashing of warning lights and make the van tell you evil untruthful things?

After some playing with the super computers controls I descovered that you can turn the beeps to silent by setting the "buzzer" volume to 0. So it no longer beeps to tell me about the engine warning light every mechanic doesn't know how to solve.

Isn't modern technology joyful? 🤞🙄

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
|As for where the fuse is sorry but trail and error but looks like you sorted it another quick fix could be tin foil again it just makes the connection better just put it on the sensors you can fold it as many times as needed
I hope you fix works long term sometimes simple is best

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back