van starter battery dead which to get now (1 Viewer)

H14KLY

Free Member
Jul 4, 2008
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
Hi peoples, need a little assistance if u please, i have not had to replace battery on a motorhome before so would like any suggestions please,

last sunday found ours to be flat as a dodo:cry:.

tried rechargeing but no go, so where to get a decent replacement from and what to get.
i have tried looking at differant adds but so many to choose from, and whats correct type ? so thought i would as on here :winky:
old battery dimensions.

Hight 7.5 inches
length 14 inches
front to back 7 inches

i live in hertfordshire area

Thanks for any advice ...

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
As it's the vehicle battery you might try enquiring of your local vehicle battery suppliers which battery they would recommend for your vehicle. There are lots available, some really cheap and others anything but. A decent compromise is what's called for.

I personally would not go overboard and buy a Gel battery in this case. Very expensive. However, as it's an A Class, if it's anything like mine (Fiat based), the battery is pretty much inaccessible, so checking the electrolyte is an impossible task. A sealed for life is an essential requirement.

I hope they don't need to take out the dashboard to replace the battery:whatthe:. I suspect they do in my vehicle :cry: - as I can't see anyway of getting it out via the bonnet. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll probably find out in a couple or so years time.:Sad:

John

Last edited:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Hi there,

What is the base vehicle and year.

I have an 05 based Ducato and recently had to change my battery, took me about 3 hours as you have to remove some components to access the battery itself.

I bought my new one from Kwik Fit, 88 Amp hour, cost me about £96.

Some of the Fiats have special adaptor plates fitted to the + & - pillars to enable the number of cables to be connected, (6+ and 3-)

Hope you find this useful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
Hi
I replaced my vehicle battery in september and yes it was not very accessable, so i took it to an electrical dealer (motor) in Peterborough he did the job in 15 mins and charged me £99 which i thought was a good deal . It would have taken me hours and a lot of cursing
Wanderer

OP
OP
H14KLY

H14KLY

Free Member
Jul 4, 2008
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
hmm thanks folks me thinks i take battery to kwikfit as i got it out in 5 mins i am lucky in this case as it sits under my floor next to my seat, 96 squids wow wat a sting

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
If it's the starter battery, then just go to a motor factors. Uusally find them in the yellow book - be alot cheaper than kwik fit! They should be around £40-60

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back