SGNV
Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Here's another one from my trip to the New Forest, this time near Crow, Ringwood. Was walking along an old railway line and got quite fascinated by the way the field looked almost like a flowing river (yes, yes, I have always had too much imagination). Did a sketch there, then re-worked it in the van and then tried to 'properly' paint it. Not quite there yet. It would help if I would know a bit more clearly what I am actually after. But still, I enjoy doing it.

DSC04300 comp.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SGNV
Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Finally catching up with uploading. Here's the last one I did on my visit to the New Forest. It is the Avon near Ringwood. Painting from a plein air sketch I did, didn't use a photo at all.

DSC04292 comp.JPG

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Sorry, I stumbled across this thread named Van Paintings and thought it was extolling the skills of a Dutch footballer. Oops

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Finally catching up with uploading. Here's the last one I did on my visit to the New Forest. It is the Avon near Ringwood. Painting from a plein air sketch I did, didn't use a photo at all.

View attachment 141734
That looks really good, Lots of fluidity, that's the great thing about watercolour, great for catching the moment.You've inspired me to get my brushes out. Been about 3 years so fingers crossed I can knock out something worth looking at.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SGNV
Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
That looks really good, Lots of fluidity, that's the great thing about watercolour, great for catching the moment.You've inspired me to get my brushes out. Been about 3 years so fingers crossed I can knock out something worth looking at.

Thank you, very kind. Not sure mine are really worth looking at, but it is a fun thing to do (and being watercolour, well frustrating in equal measure). I only started a few years ago, still have so much to learn but I really enjoy walking around with my sketchpad nowadays.

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thank you, very kind. Not sure mine are really worth looking at, but it is a fun thing to do (and being watercolour, well frustrating in equal measure). I only started a few years ago, still have so much to learn but I really enjoy walking around with my sketchpad
your welcome, keep up the good work,and continue to have lots of fun.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back