Van (Not Motorhome Insurance) 1/2 price of renewal (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Just shows it pays to shop around.

My Current Insurer (Privilege) were in my Bad books already. Unknown to me, they never fought my case after a slam on. I did not know I had ended up with a CCJ in my name (pays also to keep an eye on your credit https://www.creditkarma.com).

It also transpired The Baliffs went into privilege insurance's office, the can't pay we will take it away. They had to pay the bailiffs of with a corporate card.

Anyway, despite them hiking up my premiums for their cock up, I stayed with them. I carry dangerous goods and it can be difficult to insure, despite having a squeaky clean license and reasonable no claims. Privilege only took 7 yeas off me so now have 13 on this vehicle.

Anyway, I decided it too hot outside today and looked into changing. So sat at my PC and managed to get the insurance down to 50% of the renewal with better cover.

I have paid out a fortune over the last 7 years or more.

*Shop around
*Check your credit file

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Wow. I find it incredible that Privilege didn't tell you about the situation regarding the slam on civil case. Those cases are often fought by insurers if the claim is exaggerated or fraudulent. Or should be.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back