van lookng good but stuck on our drive (1 Viewer)

T

thesims

Deleted User
We have just bought our first motorhome a Compass Navigator after caravaning for several years. We arereally looking forward to joining you all however, after deciding to re arranging our cars on our drive and move the van my wife found she can't engage reverse on the van we think!!!! this could be a an automatic hydraulic problem.

Can anyone help? Our last resort is to ring the dealer tomorrow and hold our head in shame!!

Russell & Carole
The Sims:cry:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Russell and Carol,

I had this problem with my auto once and it just turned out to be slop/maladjustment in the linkage to the auto box.

Hope you Guys manage to sort it quickly.:thumb:

Maybe someone will be along soon to give you a definitive answer.

Any more info on the gearbox please?(Make/Number of gears etc)

Steve.

OP
OP
T

thesims

Deleted User
Help Van stuck on drive

Hi Steve

Thanks for your advice. I don't know if this will help the van is 10 years old and is a VW converter Compass Navigator with 3 gear option on the auto gear box!! sorry not that mechanically minded.

the sims

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
probably of no use whatsoever but do you need to have the brake pedal pressed first to select reverse or does it have a lockout button somewhere on the lever so you cant select reverse by mistake.....my toyota camry does.:thumb:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
probably of no use whatsoever but do you need to have the brake pedal pressed first to select reverse?
I'd second that too PJ.

Once hired a Mercedes A class with autobox from Easyjet to pick up at Geneva Airport. Not being used to auto i felt a right chump when i went back to the reception to complain i couldn't get reverse.....only for them to ask if i'd tried pressing the brake pedal first!

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
probably of no use whatsoever but do you need to have the brake pedal pressed first to select reverse or does it have a lockout button somewhere on the lever so you cant select reverse by mistake.....my toyota camry does.:thumb:

That might just be very relevant John.:thumb:

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
There would be hardly any threads on here if we read the manuals (my manual is in Italian). ::bigsmile:

Ralph

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
There would be hardly any threads on here if we read the manuals (my manual is in Italian). ::bigsmile:

Ralph
:ROFLMAO: Of course there would Ralph most manufacturers don't wire /put things where they say they are / should be anyway :ROFLMAO::thumb::ROFLMAO:
terry

OP
OP
T

thesims

Deleted User
Van No Longer on Drive!!!!

Thanks to every who replied suggesting applying the brake and then attempting reverse ... Yes this worked first time. Also to the ones who suggested reading the manual which I eventually found in the pack containing info on the toilet, the heater,the oven, the fridge, the TV ariel installation etc etc lots to read on our first meet.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at our first meet on the new year rally at the Duck in Grantham if there is room... if not I can spend New Year on my drive!!!

The Sims:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back