Van Conversion - Leisure Battery Question - HELP!!!! (1 Viewer)

harrycamper2

Free Member
Mar 22, 2021
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Hi All,

I hope everyone is well and getting ready for campsites re-opening in a couple of weeks.

I am doing a self van conversion and Im stuck on the batteries I wont lie. I have purchased 2x 130amp batteries - I understand how to connect them up soloar panels Ive bought and I also get how to connect to the alternator using a split charge relay. My question is can I use mains hook up to also charge the leisure batters and power the van? so there's 3 methods of charging them and running stuff.

Is this possible or do I have to keep mains separate? Is it possible to have like one set of plug sockets using mains and leisure? or do I have to keep mains separate?

Any help will be a god send and if anyone wants to draw a map for this - I'll pay pal some beer money over :)

Many thanks,

Harry

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Yes you can charge the leisure battery from the mains. Usong a suitable battery charger of course, not 240v volt AC direct to the 12 volt DC battery.
It is the way most motorhomes work.

Do not understand your comments about separate sockets as the mains will supply 240 volt to the square pin household sockets. The battery charger will supply 12 volt, via the battery, when on hook up. If no hook up the the battery supplies on its own but not to any 240 volt sockets.(y)(y)(y)(y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back