Free Member
May 5, 2017
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
9 years
has any one had a growler alarm fitted to their motorhome,if so I would like to know if you can turn this off and just have the strike back running.
Cliff

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
I have had my Growler fitted today but, as I already have a factory-fitted Hal-Locate tracker, it sadly didn't seem to be worth me having the Strike-back fitted as I would be duplicating the tracker function. Shame really, as I like the disabling function of the Strike-back. So I have no direct experience to enable me to answer your question but surely you could just not arm the Growler. As the Strike-back is a separate device, I assume that would still work. After dinner, I need to bury my head in the instructions that Ash gave this afternoon. If I wake up the good occupants of Cornish Farm tonight with the Growler going off, you will know that I didn't read them properly. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
has any one had a growler alarm fitted to their motorhome,if so I would like to know if you can turn this off and just have the strike back running.
Cliff
HI, I'm not sure what you mean? Strikeback and Growler are out two motorhome alarm systems

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I have had my Growler fitted today but, as I already have a factory-fitted Hal-Locate tracker, it sadly didn't seem to be worth me having the Strike-back fitted as I would be duplicating the tracker function. Shame really, as I like the disabling function of the Strike-back. So I have no direct experience to enable me to answer your question but surely you could just not arm the Growler. As the Strike-back is a separate device, I assume that would still work. After dinner, I need to bury my head in the instructions that Ash gave this afternoon. If I wake up the good occupants of Cornish Farm tonight with the Growler going off, you will know that I didn't read them properly. :)
Your thinking about our "Non Starter" system

Nice to meet you today, I'm sat writing this being driven by Lyn through the Dorset Countryside, contemplating a nice cold beer from the fridge

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I thought Growler was an enhanced version of the the excellent StrikeBack alarm system... louder, more LED's etc...
I'm booked in for a StrikeBack but you can have options for it, like more LED's or a Devil's Wail

OP
OP
C

Cliff middleton

Free Member
May 5, 2017
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
9 years
Thanks,,,,Stupid me I thought the growler was an add on to the strike back.I am booked in to have the strike back fitted in July,Adam from vanbitz said he would show me the growler on that day to see if it would be suitable for me,having just signed into the forum today just thought I would ask the question.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
That's the only snag with VanBitz - they're always off gadding about enjoying themselves, no customer care, ruin holidays etc etc...
:D2 :D2 :D2
Essential research excuse me!

Who else can answer such questions as:

Does the compressor type cool boxes take two full slabs of Stella? A full 36 cans

And does Stella Artois need to be 'quaffed' immeadiately to avoid spillage from the top of the can when the van is going round corners?

It's tough being helpful lol

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
1. Already you have found how useful the forum can be.. (y)

2.. If you subscribe as a full member (£15) I think you get a Funster discount at Vanbitz ;) :D

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
@eddievanbitz

sorry I don't believe you!!!!! But as i am down at yours on Tuesday getting the Growler and non starter fitted I will have a few hours free to allow you to go around corners whilst I test the Stellas cornering spillage capabilities. :D

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015

Does the compressor type cool boxes take two full slabs of Stella? A full 36 cans

And does Stella Artois need to be 'quaffed' immeadiately to avoid spillage from the top of the can when the van is going round corners?

Vital product question - does your alarm system fully protect said Stella from thieving gits when in the fridge or protecting the back up stocks under the bed...
We need to know.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
if all dealers had the reputation Vanbitz has the industry would be a better place.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Thanks,,,,Stupid me I thought the growler was an add on to the strike back.I am booked in to have the strike back fitted in July,Adam from vanbitz said he would show me the growler on that day to see if it would be suitable for me,having just signed into the forum today just thought I would ask the question.
Believe me, you will get a comprehensive demo once the work is done. We have the growler, with the mobile phone malarkey option. I would strongly recommend that you go the whole hog, and have all the options fitted. Our insurance (comfort) are giving us a 15% discount on our premium this year because we have one fitted.

I can't recommend it enough, although I do keep jumping in to the drivers seat, turning the key, only to remember that I haven't told the non-starter to disengage! :D

OP
OP
C

Cliff middleton

Free Member
May 5, 2017
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
9 years
Yes I have looked at that option as well,think I,ll have a chat when I get to vanbitz,might be money well spent but just want to make sure it's right for me,,,,✌️

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
We have the growler and the non starter both excellent pieces of kit
The knowledge and expertise you get from all at vanbitz is excellent to say the least.
You can turn off the internal sirens on the growler if required.
My advise is go listen to what they have to say and make up your mind what you want.
@eddievanbitz nor any of his staff will try to sell you something you do not need and you can be sure that the installation and the after service is second to none

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
@eddievanbitz nor any of his staff will try to sell you something you do not need
Seconded! :D Listen to what they tell you! They would much rather tell you not to do something, than do it, and then you complain when it doesn't work! :D

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009

That's proper dedication that is (y)

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
@eddievanbitz

sorry I don't believe you!!!!! But as i am down at yours on Tuesday getting the Growler and non starter fitted I will have a few hours free to allow you to go around corners whilst I test the Stellas cornering spillage capabilities. :D
Leave enough for me to ratify your test results on Wednesday while I'm there :drink:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Vital product question - does your alarm system fully protect said Stella from thieving gits when in the fridge or protecting the back up stocks under the bed...
We need to know.
Nope! My beer supply is regularly depleted by my Brother In Law, mind you he does have access to the keys, and knows where I hide the beer! :D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
1. Already you have found how useful the forum can be.. (y)

2.. If you subscribe as a full member (£15) I think you get a Funster discount at Vanbitz ;) :D

I think it's a no brainer on point number 2. Spend £15 to join MHF, that will give you access to the discount code. That code gives you 10% off at VanBitz, the full growler costs best part of £1,000 (ish) so you £15 outlay gives you a saving of £100! Even our chancellor could see that is a good deal :D

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Nice to meet you today, I'm sat writing this being driven by Lyn through the Dorset Countryside, contemplating a nice cold beer from the fridge

Good to meet you too Eddie. Your chaps did a fine, neat job.

I didn't think you would have time to go gallavanting until the rugby season was over but perhaps, as the England coach, it's feet up once the 6 Nations is over. Or are you my great uncle Eddie Jones from Nottingham in disguise? If so, you are wearing very well for someone who is nearly 90!

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Or are you my great uncle Eddie Jones from Nottingham in disguise? If so, you are wearing very well for someone who is nearly 90!

Just worked it out. That's who you are. The alcohol in the beer acts as a preservative :)

Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
I can't recommend it enough, although I do keep jumping in to the drivers seat, turning the key, only to remember that I haven't told the non-starter to disengage! :D
??? I'm confused. We have the non-starter but don't have to do anything when we get in the van. I thought it can just be activated if the motorhome is stolen. Are we doing something wrong?

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
??? I'm confused. We have the non-starter but don't have to do anything when we get in the van. I thought it can just be activated if the motorhome is stolen. Are we doing something wrong?
Might be different options, but I have to go in via the phone app and unblock the engine. There is then a delay of a few seconds for the van to read the message, then I can start her up. Of course one can find out the status by looking at the status screen, but I always forget to do that! :D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
OK, so just a quick one, this is how it works, firstly, I go to the app and hit status:
disabled.jpg
The red dot by immobiliser means that the van cannot be started. So we go to the commands screen:
commands.jpg
Click on the bottom one, wireless engine start UNBLOCK, and then we get this:
unblock.jpg
click send, wait a few seconds and then look at status:
enabled.jpg
Green dot means that the van can now be started. If only I remembered to run through these steps when I actually want to drive! :D

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Another point worth consideration when selecting a vendor, with Vanbitz it's not all about the initial sale and install. If you then have a need for after sales support these guys are there for you. We know from personal experience, having encountered a minor challenge (not attributable to Vanbitz) for which they expedited a swift resolution. Not all vendors are so responsive.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I think it's a no brainer on point number 2. Spend £15 to join MHF, that will give you access to the discount code. That code gives you 10% off at VanBitz, the full growler costs best part of £1,000 (ish) so you £15 outlay gives you a saving of £100! Even our chancellor could see that is a good deal :D
Not so sure Dianne Abbot could though.

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Leave enough for me to ratify your test results on Wednesday while I'm there :drink:

Will do but depends on how tight ((fisted)at least he isn't Scottish or from Yorkshire) Eddie is with his beer stocks though?:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back