Van Bitz Strikeback and Non StarterMT (1 Viewer)

Jan 17, 2013
Whittington, Oswestry
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Bourton
Exp
Since 2000
I have the Strikeback alarm and the Non starter MT fitted by Van Bitz. This is a brilliant piece of kit. My previous motorhome just had the Strikeback ( had it for 20 years and it worked well). For me the Non Starter MT is in some ways more useful as I am always connected to the motorhome. My only problem is, as I like to visit the more remote places around this country and Europe the 3G signal is not always available. I am thinking of having the driver ID tags so the Non Starter is automatically triggered when I leave the vehicle.

Does anyone have theses tags and would they recommend them?

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
I have for the same reason - works really well and definitely recommend. Just talk to VanBitz.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bgrr
Jan 17, 2013
Whittington, Oswestry
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Bourton
Exp
Since 2000
I have for the same reason - works really well and definitely recommend. Just talk to VanBitz.
Thanks for the quick reply. I will order them.

For those that didn’t know they are available this link to the Meta Trak Shield product explains what they are:

OP
OP
Bgrr
Jan 17, 2013
Whittington, Oswestry
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Bourton
Exp
Since 2000
Ithink @eddievanbitz would know if it's possible, and idea of costs.
Phoned Vanbitz but they at the NEC show. I have to phone next week.
Meta Trak informed me that I order from Vanbitz, they then get them sent from Meta Trak to me and once I have them they remotely configure them to my motorhome. I don’ think they are a lot of money but I might be wrong. Will post when I know.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Didn't know that was an option, must be a new feature.
No its not a feature we recommend so we dont promote it

The fundamental purpose of Non Starter is to combat key theft

Having the tag attached to the keys defeats the object

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Phoned Vanbitz but they at the NEC show. I have to phone next week.
Meta Trak informed me that I order from Vanbitz, they then get them sent from Meta Trak to me and once I have them they remotely configure them to my motorhome. I don’ think they are a lot of money but I might be wrong. Will post when I know.
Van Bitz is working normally despite the NEC but the staff there are not familiar with the tags as we dont stock them

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Mine is definitely not attached to my keys:)

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie

Any reason I couldn't keep one separate in a 'man bag' or similar?

The strikeback dib dab is kept separate from the van keys.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016

that was going to be my next question! “wouldn’t the fob effectively make a thief with the keys able to overcome the NS system.... so makes sense not to promote the fob concept.(y)
nothing to see here then! move along!!!! :whistle:

OP
OP
Bgrr
Jan 17, 2013
Whittington, Oswestry
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Bourton
Exp
Since 2000

I accept that having the tag attached to the keys would defeat part of the security of the Non-Starter and it is not something I would do. Having the tag in a separate pocket away from the keys makes most sense. Someone could “lift” the tag but with no identifier on the tag would it be helpful to them?

On a recent two week trip to the Scottish Highlands there were 6 days when I couldn’t set the Non-Starter. This is with three mobiles with different mobile networks.That itself defeats the system.
On balance having the tags allows me to set a higher level of security wherever I am rather than not being able to use it when I have no 3G signal.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I accept that having the tag attached to the keys would defeat part of the security of the Non-Starter and it is not something I would do. Having the tag in a separate pocket away from the keys makes most sense. Someone could “lift” the tag but with no identifier on the tag would it be helpful to them?

On a recent two week trip to the Scottish Highlands there were 6 days when I couldn’t set the Non-Starter. This is with three mobiles with different mobile networks.That itself defeats the system.
On balance having the tags allows me to set a higher level of security wherever I am rather than not being able to use it when I have no 3G signal.
Why would you want to set the Non Starter whilst walking in the Highlands? If you were out and about, you ignition keys would be with you so key theft not an issue, a issue that Non Starter was designed for

Once Home, and your out, at work, or say in your car, with your Motorhome at home, along with the Motorhome keys, having a tag that turns the system off, also at home is a disadvantage

The tag is ideal for delivery drivers who are in and out of the cab all day long and tend to leave the keys in the ignition.

But, so long as your happy, that is the main thing but we won’t be offering the tags as an option

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Even though I have the keys with me, I like the peace of mind that my 'none start' gives while I'm away from the van, especially when it's parked somewhere remote and on a couple of occasions while recently loosely travelling round the NC500, I had no signal and wasn't able to set the system.

Realistically, the chances of anyone happening across my van in such a location and being equipped to be able to overcome the Strikeback Plus and the OEM immobiliser, is so low that I'll not lose any sleep over it.

There are far easier and more profitable pickings for thieves to be had in urban and commercial areas, which are inevitably covered by 3G anyway, so the van would be NS protected where it's most needed.

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Even though I have the keys with me, I like the peace of mind that my 'none start' gives while I'm away from the van, especially when it's parked somewhere remote and on a couple of occasions while recently loosely travelling round the NC500, I had no signal and wasn't able to set the system.

Realistically, the chances of anyone happening across my van in such a location and being equipped to be able to overcome the Strikeback Plus and the OEM immobiliser, is so low that I'll not lose any sleep over it.

There are far easier and more profitable pickings for thieves to be had in urban and commercial areas, which are inevitably covered by 3G anyway, so the van would be NS protected where it's most needed.
I do the same when we are out and about. I tend to use the app activate the non starter even if u have the keys on me. I only dont tend to us app if in a low mobile phone signal area.

Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Wondered if it would be worthwhile getting a tag. Van is kept at storage. Dependant on weather, signal can be ifiy once had to drive back down Rd till we got a signal. Another time left van at an Aire while went for a walk , when we returned ,no coverage so could not start engine sat there watching bars on phone until signal was strong enough

OP
OP
Bgrr
Jan 17, 2013
Whittington, Oswestry
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Bourton
Exp
Since 2000
I did buy the tag/fob after much deliberation and taking on board the comments I received on this forum. I finally decided after having twice set the Non Starter MT in semi-remote campsites and then not being able to get a good enough 3g signal when leaving. The tech team at Metatrak were brilliant and were able to sort out the problem remotely.
I use the tag as an emergency override if necessary otherwise it is concealed safely out of the way. Last year I used it several times in France and in this country. I check it is working each month and carry a spare battery. It is never with my keys nor my alarm fob. For me it works well.

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
I did buy the tag/fob after much deliberation and taking on board the comments I received on this forum. I finally decided after having twice set the Non Starter MT in semi-remote campsites and then not being able to get a good enough 3g signal when leaving. The tech team at Metatrak were brilliant and were able to sort out the problem remotely.
I use the tag as an emergency override if necessary otherwise it is concealed safely out of the way. Last year I used it several times in France and in this country. I check it is working each month and carry a spare battery. It is never with my keys nor my alarm fob. For me it works well.
Out of curiosity how much was the tag?

OP
OP
Bgrr
Jan 17, 2013
Whittington, Oswestry
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Bourton
Exp
Since 2000
It was £50.00.
MetaTrak messaged in November, via the app, that it is available to all current users for this price.
Telephone 01823 321992

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back