Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I use a diluted TFR on the roof and it comes up mint every time
TFR? Traffic Film Remover?
With your info & Larrynwin just buying more tools, you’re shaming me to try harder on my own roof.

Also, I do have an alternative step ladder than can be a regular ladder.
That may improve reach.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Funny we are all basically the same, we want to earn lots but pay people doing work for us a lot less.

Well I am one who does not fit that description. I am a lawyer and earned well but I always appoint top lawyers in fields where I have no experience - their rates might be higher but they get through the work quicker and are sure to achieve the right result.

I think everyone should apply those principles to any contractor one employs.

Geoff

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
TFR? Traffic Film Remover?
With your info & Larrynwin just buying more tools, you’re shaming me to try harder on my own roof.

Also, I do have an alternative step ladder than can be a regular ladder.
That may improve reach.
Just take care and block the ladder bottom . I used to get on the roof but not so steady now when it rocks so the ladder for me is a safer option.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
If you want one of the best if not the best try Tourershine, www.tourershine.co.uk
Based near Leicester i think. I have used him, not cheap, but in my opinion definately worth it.
However he gets booked months in advance i think.
Dave.
Old thread I know but had a quick quote from Tourershine to do a full restoration on our Niesmann and Bischoff Arto-£550

Flying Fifer

Free Member
Apr 24, 2015
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Renault Lunar H622
Exp
2014 (camper/ caravanner since 1990's)
View attachment 475381If you are having something done that you can’t, or don’t want to do yourself, the for the effort and time involved, I would say that £150 was certainly a fair price. I’m not a fan of polishing, and I certainly wouldn’t do the roof, so we went for the full correction and 5 year ceramic coating. This detailer has a workshop big enough to take the ‘van inside.View attachment 475384View attachment 475385
I contacted them yesterday for a quote for our 7m motorhome .... £1000 they are asking for. A HUGE bit overpriced. I nearly said where to go!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
I contacted them yesterday for a quote for our 7m motorhome .... £1000 they are asking for. A HUGE bit overpriced. I nearly said where to go!
That’s bloody ridiculous, obviously jumping on the rip off bandwagon.

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Wiensberg
Exp
Caravanning since 1980, saw the light in 2020
I want to valet my MH but a normal ladder doesn't allow me to reach all over the roof and a step ladder is not tall enough. What do other Funsters use?

Ian
I use of these. Really safe and stable.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back