The Rolling Stones
Dec 28, 2017
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
Since 2016
Well, it’s a good lesson learned and after several years in hoping for the best I’ll certainly be taking more care now. I’ve now filled the locks with hard plastic glue and will be relying on the key fob to open the doors.
Thank goodness for the four legged growler, she certainly saved the day!

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Well after reading the site reviews we would not have even considered stopping there? ?
sorry for your troubles and as you say lesson learned do your research before pitching and stay safe?

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I'm sure that the vast majority of us on this site are migrants themselves.
Maybe, but we dont break into motor homes or anything else to steal other peoples belongings hopefully.
I am also a migrant, was born in Scotland, I was people smuggled down south to Surrey, when I was a baby:D
Les

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The Rolling Stones
Dec 28, 2017
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
Since 2016
Well after reading the site reviews we would not have even considered stopping there? ?
I did the research as I always do. On this location on park4night there was not so much as a hint of problems. The Campercontact reviews are for a different area entirely. My P4N review will hopefully help others.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I did the research as I always do. On this location on park4night there was not so much as a hint of problems. The Campercontact reviews are for a different area entirely. My P4N review will hopefully help others.
Yes we have found Park4night not very forthcoming with correct info?

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We are on our way through Spain to Portugal and stopped off at the permitted parking south of Valencia on the beach. It all started so well, peaceful, great location.... and then at 4.30 in the morning I found two men forcing the Motorhome doors. I disturbed them before they could get in but I now need two new door locks. Fortunately nothing stolen and no other damage although they had actually forced the cab door lock open, I like to think the growling Bull Terrier on the other side stopped them using this way in. Beware!
ps - definitely no gas involved!!!

Call the Police from your Mobile, the number is 091

They have English Speaking call handlers.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
The determined thief will find a way and take risks. Did they know it was occupied? I have just fitted a Growler in the hope the very bright external LEDs flashing would at least deter them elsewhere.
We don't have a Alsatian anymore so I guess I'll just have to post Sally on sentry duty:sneaky:
Breaking into a van at night with a couple of old people inside is kids play compared to this. They are not put off by the occupants if there is booty inside...

popotla

Free Member
Jun 5, 2018
Germany
Funster No
MH
3.5t on Ford Ranger
Exp
Come to Germany! It's great for motorhoming/van life.
I'm sure that the vast majority of us on this site are migrants themselves

Please explain what you mean here by "migrant" (from where?) . What makes you so sure of what you claim (which isn't - to me, at least - at all clear.

OP
OP
The Rolling Stones
Dec 28, 2017
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
Since 2016
Please explain what you mean here by "migrant" (from where?) . What makes you so sure of what you claim (which isn't - to me, at least - at all clear

Not sure this was the purpose of my thread, but in official terms a migrant is a person who leaves the UK in excess of 3 months. So it is quite correct to declare overwintering travellers as ‘migrants’.

popotla

Free Member
Jun 5, 2018
Germany
Funster No
MH
3.5t on Ford Ranger
Exp
Come to Germany! It's great for motorhoming/van life.
Not sure this was the purpose of my thread, but in official terms a migrant is a person who leaves the UK in excess of 3 months. So it is quite correct to declare overwintering travellers as ‘migrants’.

Whose "official terms", may I ask? I don*t agree at all that " .... it is quite correct to declare overwintering travellers as ‘migrants’."

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
My family came from Holland in 1325 can I get duel nationality.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back