Valencia security warning. (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2017
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
Since 2016
We are on our way through Spain to Portugal and stopped off at the permitted parking south of Valencia on the beach. It all started so well, peaceful, great location.... and then at 4.30 in the morning I found two men forcing the Motorhome doors. I disturbed them before they could get in but I now need two new door locks. Fortunately nothing stolen and no other damage although they had actually forced the cab door lock open, I like to think the growling Bull Terrier on the other side stopped them using this way in. Beware!
ps - definitely no gas involved!!!

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
What a horrible, frightening experience for you, hope you are OK and can still carry on with your holiday.
What the hell were these thieves thinking of?, surely they must have realised the van was occupied, so even if they got in, what were they going to do nick stuff in front of you, or maybe even have some sort of weapon, scary thought eh?

For the benefit of all of us, how did they "force" the cab doors open, what method was used?
Too late now, but I honestly did not imagine that anyone would try and break into the van overnight with it being occupied, although I know its happened on motorway service aires and alike.
I am now thinking the Hoesafe internal cab door locks might be worth a futher look.

Best wishes to you, hope the Portuguese rozzers help with catching the scumbags.

Les

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
The determined thief will find a way and take risks. Did they know it was occupied? I have just fitted a Growler in the hope the very bright external LEDs flashing would at least deter them elsewhere.

We don't have a Alsatian anymore so I guess I'll just have to post Sally on sentry duty:sneaky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
What a horrible, frightening experience for you, hope you are OK and can still carry on with your holiday.
What the hell were these thieves thinking of?, surely they must have realised the van was occupied, so even if they got in, what were they going to do nick stuff in front of you, or maybe even have some sort of weapon, scary thought eh?

For the benefit of all of us, how did they "force" the cab doors open, what method was used?
Too late now, but I honestly did not imagine that anyone would try and break into the van overnight with it being occupied, although I know its happened on motorway service aires and alike.
I am now thinking the Hoesafe internal cab door locks might be worth a futher look.

Best wishes to you, hope the Portuguese rozzers help with catching the scumbags.

Les

Les,header says Valencia,surely Guarda Civil in Spain to deal with it?

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The determined thief will find a way and take risks. Did they know it was occupied? I have just fitted a Growler in the hope the very bright external LEDs flashing would at least deter them elsewhere.

We don't have a Alsatian anymore so I guess I'll just have to post Sally on sentry duty:sneaky:

Does she bark? - at other people I mean.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We are on our way through Spain to Portugal and stopped off at the permitted parking south of Valencia on the beach. It all started so well, peaceful, great location.... and then at 4.30 in the morning I found two men forcing the Motorhome doors. I disturbed them before they could get in but I now need two new door locks. Fortunately nothing stolen and no other damage although they had actually forced the cab door lock open, I like to think the growling Bull Terrier on the other side stopped them using this way in. Beware!
ps - definitely no gas involved!!!

Not nice. Sympathies.

Could you determine in the dark which continent they originate from?

It could be a Spanish South coast problem.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
No good but at least you are OK and only minor damage.
I take it you didn't have your alarm set. Always set ours regardless of where we are parked up.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Where exactly did this happen please as we will be heading that way soon hopefully so don't want to come a cropper!

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
The parking places on the beaches south of Valencia ( el Saler) are often subjected to thieves
Just look at the first six comments on this spot

It is also a favourite spot for single men lurking in bushes.

I think the word in the op should be "tolerated "parking rather than permitted parking.

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
The parking places on the beaches south of Valencia ( el Saler) are often subjected to thieves

It is also a favourite spot for single men lurking in bushes.

I think the word in the op should be "tolerated "parking rather than permitted parking.
Parts of el saler are frequented by naturist these beaches are well signed Malverosa nearer city center has more full timers some of the old properties along there have squatters but local guardia seem to be around so not many problems

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Les
That's what I have,,easy to fit and very secure.BUSBY.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Parts of el saler are frequented by naturist these beaches are well signed Malverosa nearer city center has more full timers some of the old properties along there have squatters but local guardia seem to be around so not many problems

No it wasn't naturists I was referring to.
It is the male doggers I was talking about. They pop up when you are least expecting them!

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Not really! We stayed there two years ago for a week.
There was always lone men in the bushes lurking and looking ....furtive.
I went on my push bike to watch Valencia one night. Coming back was a nightmare with men constantly appearing out of the bushes as I went past.

Apologies to anyone who likes that sort of thing but I don't

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No it wasn't naturists I was referring to.
It is the male doggers I was talking about. They pop up when you are least expecting them!
o_O :oops: ?:D:makeup:

OP
OP
The Rolling Stones
Dec 28, 2017
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
Since 2016
Just to summarise, the location were the ring car parks at El Saler, easily visible on Google Maps. I looked out of the window down onto one of them, couldn’t tell you his origin, but on reflection he can’t have been more than 5’6” tall, dark hair. It wasn’t a frightening experience, just made us very angry. It has highlighted how rubbish door locks actually are though. The front door is secure again and at night strapped shut. It hasn’t put me off wild camping but has made me more aware of what can happen.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We avoid anywhere like that, that is, anywhere near to big towns. Try the free Aire at Grau/Grao,
El Grao de Castellón

OP
OP
The Rolling Stones
Dec 28, 2017
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
Since 2016
This is a different area but geographically not too far away. Park4night had no such warnings as I recall. The actual spot isn’t listed on Campercontact.

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
Not putting this as an excuse or justification but Valencia is a Beautiful city and has a lot to see but along with many other east coast cities / bigger villages suffers from the high unemployment and illegal immigration and Spain's benefit system is much stricter on criteria than ours but in my opinion a lot fairer (y)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
This one ¿
N 39.386348, W 0.326362
IMG_20191106_105231_274.JPG
Screenshot_20191106-105120.png

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Having had a shuftie on Google maps the El Saler one is a bit further North than the Camper contact one, and is much closer to El Saler itself, with lots of parking areas it's a prime place for thieves to gather as there would be much richer pickings than from a single car park.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Reading the reviews that many have left for the camper contact El Saler spot, most of the thefts seem to have occurred in the last 6 months, so I guess its probably migrants, and they are blatant in that they are not scared to do it in full view!.
Sod that for a game of soldiers, if it were me I would gladly pay for a proper parking place at the Valencia Camperpark, they have everything and even sell the train tickets needed to get to and from Valencia, plus loads of advice on what to see etc. Check out their helpful video.
Les

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
Reading the reviews that many have left for the camper contact El Saler spot, most of the thefts seem to have occurred in the last 6 months, so I guess its probably migrants, and they are blatant in that they are not scared to do it in full view!.
Les
I'm sure that the vast majority of us on this site are migrants themselves.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back