Valencia Camper Park - another video. (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
In a flurry of activity I have put another video together to help all you sun seekers find somewhere suitable to rest your weary heads.
Just off the motorway at Bétera, near Valencia, this is an excellent stop with lots of facilities.
Good bar/restaurant (I thoroughly recommend the ham, egg and chips), swimming pool for the warmer months, toilets and showers and a really friendly English speaking staff.
A little more expensive than some of you like to pay but still good value.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
You can also park outside for free and still use the bar/restaurant - seafood paella for me; the underground/tube line is just down the road and it is a short drive to Valencia Airport.

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
You can also park outside for free and still use the bar/restaurant - seafood paella for me; the underground/tube line is just down the road and it is a short drive to Valencia Airport.

Did you do that park outside to save a few quid ? If you did fairplay I dont think I could though mind I guess no different than a pub stop.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Did you do that park outside to save a few quid ? If you did fairplay I dont think I could though mind I guess no different than a pub stop.
No never parked outside. Did ask and they did not appear too perturbed if anyone did. The ones I have seen outside, you might consider new-age travellers. Mind you, I tend to put a lot behind the bar as you get an interesting mix of people in transit either going down or heading back. The wife still works so I travel down via the Baie de Somme, then La Canourgue (South of Issoire) then Valencia. After 2.5 days it's nice to get a good meal, a few drinks, roll into bed then pick the wife up the next morning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
There are different rates for different pitches, some have hook-up, some don't.
The outer area, I think they call it the 'country area' is cheaper than being inside the inner gates. It is still gated but is more open and they allow tents to pitch there. The prices there are lower but I think you still pay.

Richard.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
We have stayed there before. Caught the metro in Valencia, lady in reception sorts your tickets for you. When we got back went for a piella in the resturant and it was so nice cooked on a wood fire out the back by a English guy. Had a good chat with him.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Thanks Clarky, been stuck at home all winter due to family stuff, can't get way until mid-April, so I've been giving your videos a good battering to stop me suffering too badly from MDS (Motorhome Denial Syndrome)
:crying::crying::crying:

Keep up the good work, it's very much appreciated.

Hymie. :thanks4:

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Great timing thanks, booked in for 4 night's from the 16th going to check out the Fallas Festival (y)

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks Clarky, been stuck at home all winter due to family stuff, can't get way until mid-April, so I've been giving your videos a good battering to stop me suffering too badly from MDS (Motorhome Denial Syndrome)
:crying::crying::crying:

Keep up the good work, it's very much appreciated.

Hymie. :thanks4:
Thanks @Hymie.
That's another good reason for me putting the videos together.
I sit in my study looking out over fields covered in snow dreaming of those blue skies and warm days. It's a good reminder of warmer times.
Like you I'm suffering from MDS. Just need the weather to get sensible and a bit warmer and we will be off.
Roll on summer. :)

Richard.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
We have stayed there before. Caught the metro in Valencia, lady in reception sorts your tickets for you. When we got back went for a piella in the resturant and it was so nice cooked on a wood fire out the back by a English guy. Had a good chat with him.
Yes - did the same and someone came out with a bottle of Herbes - Fatal.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Hi Dave. What is the Fallas festival?
4 days of mayhem fire and fireworks I believe, looks fantastic :)
Screenshot_20180303-145555.jpg

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Dave, it does look good. But just checked and the camper stop does not have any places left. Anyway, we are leaving UK early week after next and it would be a bit too much of a rush to get there in time. Where are you off to after Valencia?

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Hi @peterc10 No real plans other than Valencia Granada Seville and Moto GP Jerez then Portugal :) plus its the Feria at Puerto de Santa Marie the week before the Jerez GP and we did like Cadiz mmmmm, hopefully meet up again soon I'm sure you owe me a beer :whistle:
Cheers

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi @peterc10 No real plans other than Valencia Granada Seville and Moto GP Jerez then Portugal :) plus its the Feria at Puerto de Santa Marie the week before the Jerez GP and we did like Cadiz mmmmm, hopefully meet up again soon I'm sure you owe me a beer :whistle:
Cheers
I suspect that will be roughly what we will be doing, but a week or two behind you. But we won't know for sure until we see where the warmth is. Cadiz is where we met up last year.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Great timing thanks, booked in for 4 night's from the 16th going to check out the Fallas Festival (y)
We're booked in on the 14th for a week, also for the Festival. See you there!

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
So! Let me get this right, The Sat Nav gives you the manouver instruction and then the Wife chips in and tells you where to go!!! ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
'The Wife' (she goes bonkers if I call her that) frequently tells me where to go. :LOL::LOL:
She is often reading instructions from either an app, aires book or something I have noted down beforehand.
Belt and braces. (y);)

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back