StAubyns

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Mansfield Woodhouse
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Well, I eventually took the plunge and purchased a Van Aaken smartbox for my 2.3 JTD.

It arrived yesterday and despite the "easy to fit in 15 minutes" I decided that I was not competent, so I phoned Geo at Pecks Hill Garage and arranged to have it fitted at 9:00AM this morning. Am I pleased that I did!

Steve fitted the box in short time and I left to go on a test run. After 1 mile the engine just died on me, luckily on a stretch of dual carriageway. After a few minutes it restarted but after a few hundred yards cut out again. Steve came out, uncoupled the box, and we went back to the garage.

Geo phoned Van Aaken and was put through to the Technical Dept, who were surprised there was a problem. They talked Geo through altering the settings and emailed a diagram of the jumpers in the box (there are 4 available settings). after changing the settings, Steve took the van on a test drive, and this time, I did have a smile on my face!

So many thanks to Geo and Steve and also Van Aaken for their support.

But I am pleased that Geo sorted it and that it was not down to me.

I cannot recommend Pecks Hill Garage highly enough, they are really excellent

So I am now looking forward to getting out on the road to give it a proper run

regards

Geoff

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Your not the first to recommend this gentlemans garage.

Seems he knows his spanners:roflmto:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
StAubyns

StAubyns

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Mansfield Woodhouse
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Well, its had a 30 mile run up and down the A614 over Christmas and there certainly is a big improvement. More power, less gear changes. Don't know about the MPG though - to early to tell.

thanks again Geo - might come back for the 4th jumper later:thumb:

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Geoff
Glad its all going well we can try the 4th power map if and when your ready, be prepared for a bit of smoke though.
If all else fails you can borrow my Ford V10 Triton, gauranteed to make you grin>:) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Happy New year to you and yours
Geo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back