Vacuum cleaner (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We had a few cheaper models that we ok at best, then splashed out and bought the Dyson V6 Animal, yes it`s expensive but we couldn`t do without it now, owning a Jack Russell most of which we seem to vacuum up, the dyson will suck those hairs up so much better than the completion.
Down side we always use it on Max and that last about 15 mins takes about 4 hrs to charge.
We have found it easy to empty, hey you only need to press a button how difficult is that.(y)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
She almost had to vacuum me off the floor when she told me it had cost more than £300:Eeek:
Much cheaper (and less stressful), to have the van valeted once a year.......(y)(y)(y) Just keep kicking the bits under the bed. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
The GTech Multi is 240v isn't it? OP wants a 12v vacuum.

Denise
The Gtech is 22v lithium ion and extremely powerful. It runs for a very long time on one charge. Charge time will vary depending on the level of discharge but also irrelevant (although generally it takes longer to charge the higher capacity battery than a lower one). You're either hooked up or you're not.

Full spares available online post free including batteries. SCROLL DOWN the page on the link

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We use an old Dirt Devil Handy Zip.. powerful machine..

It's 240v mains, but runs off a 200w inverter .... more powerful than any battery machine.. lifts dog hair no problem ..

They are not made anymore, probably far too good and last too long with no built in obsolescence .. like an expensive battery..

can be bought on eBay and you can still buy paper bags and belts for them..

example ..

$_12.JPG

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Not sure what happened there with the above post, I included a link but it is not showing. Search Amazon for:

BLACK + DECKER PAD1200 Auto Flexi Car Vacuum, 12 V
It's ADBLOCK matey (y) pause it and refresh the page

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
We've had the Dyson V6 Animal for a couple of years now and whilst we bought it strictly for the van she was so impressed with it she uses it occasionally on certain jobs in the house.

I suppose she'll want the Absolute next, mind you that's cheaper than ours was two years ago.

It runs out of battery fairly quickly say 15 minutes use because it is so powerful but ours charges up in just a couple of hours, and we only use it for a minute or two each day, brilliant bit of kit.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
all this new fangled expensive battery jobs will be in the tip long before my little Dirt Devil gives up the ghost.. :D

Wife bought a Bosch Athlet. so far it's been replaced twice under warranty .. so on her third in less than a year .. what a waste of money ..

she has a season ticket for John Lewis returns :LOL:

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Using a re-chargable Dirt Devil now. We brush up the dust / Dog hairs into a pile and then hoover them up with this, but it doesn't get into the corners or behind the door screens etc. At the prices I have seen on line and for what you get, I may have to look into a small 240V cheapo from Tesco. - Now I have my inverter!!(y)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just bought a Dyson DC34 on recommendation from some friends who swear by it - looks very like the Animal but without the long nozzle thingy. And it's a lot cheaper than the Animal.

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
We've used the GTech Air Ram & a Multi as home vacuums for several years. The Air Ram is great and gets used daily, the multi gets dragged out for odd jobs. Neither are great on stairs, the AirRam is too unwieldy and doesn't get into corners so well and the Air Ram is a hands and knees job. Been considering what to go for in RH and have been eyeing up the
AEG AG3012 Ergorapido 2-in-1 Cordless Li-Ion Vacuum Cleaner, 12 W, 18 V - Red
Amazon product ASIN B00L7YMMZOon the grounds of manoueverability round the inside with the popout for corners/tables, the garage etc. Anyone tried one of these? Seems to get good write ups.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
We use an old Dirt Devil Handy Zip.. powerful machine..

It's 240v mains, but runs off a 200w inverter .... more powerful than any battery machine.. lifts dog hair no problem ..

They are not made anymore, probably far too good and last too long with no built in obsolescence .. like an expensive battery..

can be bought on eBay and you can still buy paper bags and belts for them..

example ..

$_12.JPG

They were fantastic but they had a tendency to catch fire if they weren't maintained/cleaned.. Not sure if that's why they aren't sold or if he market just moved on.

We just bought a very cheap mains one to take to jersey as we will be on mains.. I'm probably going to upgrade the inverter though rather than change the hoover.. It will be cheaper.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
They were fantastic but they had a tendency to catch fire if they weren't maintained/cleaned.. Not sure if that's why they aren't sold or if he market just moved on.

had one for years , bought it to clean stair carpets and was never a problem.. sadly it was 'lost' (along with many things) when we went full time ..

it was when we were looking for one for the van I remembered how good it was.. and bought one on eBay .. almost like new, still in box with hose and tools..

like any cleaner it has to be kept clean.. and changing a paper bag is so 'old fashioned'.. and probably too much work for the 'modern' man/woman..:rolleyes: everything has to be 'push button' and have a microchip these days.. I'm an old dinosaur.. KISS .. also why I bought an older Hymer..

but no idea how it would catch fire.. at least it doesn't have an exploding lithium battery to worry about :LOL:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Using a re-chargable Dirt Devil now. We brush up the dust / Dog hairs into a pile and then hoover them up with this, but it doesn't get into the corners or behind the door screens etc. At the prices I have seen on line and for what you get, I may have to look into a small 240V cheapo from Tesco. - Now I have my inverter!!(y)
Ah, now then. You don't actually Hoover them up do you? You Dirt Devil them up :whistle: we on the other hand brush then up with a well errr, brush. :LOL::LOL:

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Ah, now then. You don't actually Hoover them up do you? You Dirt Devil them up :whistle: we on the other hand brush then up with a well errr, brush. :LOL::LOL:
Now then Now then @Badknee
1 (hoover) [with object] Clean (something) with a vacuum cleaner: he was hoovering the stairs
More example sentences
  • Animals get the star treatment - cows are hoovered clean while attentive stable hands polish every inch of the horses' hooves.
  • Marie is the mother of the flat, she's really clean and leaves notes around: ‘Boys, hoover the floor!’
  • Someone else hoovers the carpet before you think it needs doing.
1.1 (hoover something up) Suck something up with or as if with a vacuum cleaner: hoover up all the dust

So technically I can still Hoover up dust using a Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner:p:whistle:;)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Now then Now then @Badknee
1 (hoover) [with object] Clean (something) with a vacuum cleaner: he was hoovering the stairs
More example sentences
  • Animals get the star treatment - cows are hoovered clean while attentive stable hands polish every inch of the horses' hooves.
  • Marie is the mother of the flat, she's really clean and leaves notes around: ‘Boys, hoover the floor!’
  • Someone else hoovers the carpet before you think it needs doing.
1.1 (hoover something up) Suck something up with or as if with a vacuum cleaner: hoover up all the dust

So technically I can still Hoover up dust using a Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner:p:whistle:;)
Yes, yes, yes, but you and millions of other people around the world are infringing copyright technically, oh bugger @Techno will be along now I've mentioned the techno word :whistle::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
The Gtech is 22v lithium ion and extremely powerful. It runs for a very long time on one charge. Charge time will vary depending on the level of discharge but also irrelevant (although generally it takes longer to charge the higher capacity battery than a lower one). You're either hooked up or you're not.

Bought one of these for the MoHo and its performance is excellent. The powered brush lifts the dog hair from deep in the pile and can easily suck up stones and crumbs from the door screen tracks. One charge allows us to hoover our A class 3-4 times on one charge and takes about 3-4 hours to recharge. Having done the suction test (switch on and put hand over nozzle to gauge suction) on both the g-tech and the dyson I didn't notice any real difference other than the g-tech was half the price of the v6 animal. (y)

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Brush and dustpan from the pound shop that leaves more money for the beer

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
The power of recommendation , after reading this thread we went into John Lewis this morning to look at the V6 animal and bought the V8 animal. :eek:
We had great fun on getting home, zooming round using up the charge in it. Now waiting for it to charge up so we can play clean the rugs before the 40 minute charge runs out :)
Must say very impressed with it .

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Well having been disappointed with the cordless stick vacuums that,are,available at,under £100 ,I have,bought a 1000w mains stick vacuum while at the Newbury motorhome show ...just tried it off my inverter and its better than my mammoth one I have at home ....yeah ,yeah, I know cordless ,rechargeable is ideal for motorhome,but with what I have read about on this forum that to ensure you are getting something that will do the job ,you are looking at a price between £150 £200 ..bought my mains one £40 . Roy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back