Vaccine (1 Viewer)

Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Not sure if this has already been posted but.
Anyone waiting in vain to hear from their GP about receiving a Covid vaccine can by pass the GP by booking an appointment on a website called Swiftque.
My parents, both in their 80s and not of the best health ha herd nothing from their GP, but had the vaccine last night via this site
I am aware there are a few seniors on this site so thought it might help.
If its already been posted, no matter.
That's Swiftque.
Take care.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thats the one, you'll have to excuse my spelling.
No worries & thank you for posting - looks interesting & may be helpful to many on here.

carolyn with your knowledge & contacts - is this an option that you can advise on? Could there be any downsides to registering on Swiftqueue?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I your bypassing your GP by using Swiftqueue, is this not going to confuse the vaccine allocation process and cause extra headaches for an already stretched system ?
I have to ask the old question, what's in it for them?
Are they taking spots someone else is waiting for?
Not in anyway knocking them at this point with not knowing more about them.

OP
OP
T
Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I your bypassing your GP by using Swiftqueue, is this not going to confuse the vaccine allocation process and cause extra headaches for an already stretched system ?
Its all linked through the NHS

If you go on your Health Centres web site, on mine at the bottom of the page is a link to swiftqueue.

I see it as a way to take the pressure off the GPs.

My parents had theirs last night 7.30 at Kings Mill Hospital, which is the main Hospital in this area. Whats not to like.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
I think it may only work if your gp health centre uses swiftqueue.

Our health centre website has a covid lnk for those who have received a letter invite.
The link takes you to an NHS website, no hint of swiftqueue.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I think it may only work if your gp health centre uses swiftqueue.

Our health centre website has a covid lnk for those who have received a letter invite.
The link takes you to an NHS website, no hint of swiftqueue.
No mention of Swiftqueue on our GP Practice website either - sounds like it's a good idea to check just in case.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
No worries & thank you for posting - looks interesting & may be helpful to many on here.

carolyn with your knowledge & contacts - is this an option that you can advise on? Could there be any downsides to registering on Swiftqueue?
I had never heard of it I confess. I’ve done a bit of research and it’s only worth registering on it if your GP practice is registered with the system. If your surgery is then it’s likely that others in the area are together with the local hospitals so that an integrated system for referrals, blood tests, Xrays and all things medical as well as Covid vaccines can be organised.

We don’t have it locally. I don’t think Taunton hospital do.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Will watch their web site for when they start doing the over 75s,,,Thanks for such an informative helpful post..BUSBY (y) (y)

OP
OP
T
Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
My parents knew nothing of it either, they had herd nothing from their GP even though been told to shield due to various ailments and well in their 80s.
A friend told me about it, I told them, they went on line and received it within 24hrs.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
OP
OP
T
Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I Think you'll find it says NHS staff and the vulnerable. 87 years old, copd. chronic bronchitis, recent by-pass, heart disease, diabetes, to name a few ailments they suffer with looks vulnerable to me.
Proof of ID and medical records were checked before receiving the vaccine. Also told that they needed to be allocated as have short shelf life.
Our local hospital is now trialling 24hr inoculations for the over 75's all appointments are taken.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
why have you had to use Swiftique, surely your GP surgery would call you in if appropriate?
I am 75 so nothing inappropriate,,With Swiftique you can select your day and time of appointment which is an not an option at my surgery, plus my local surgery is not doing the injections but using its other surgery in the next town,,OK.BUSBY.

Top Hat

Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years
Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
I might be wrong but I think being able to use Swiftque depends on whether or not your local health services (CCG or hospitals trust) has bought in to it. That certainly seems to be the case here in south Hampshire where it returns "no results" for searches under the book an appointment tag. I'm guessing that if you are that way inclined, you can game the system by faking your location if that's what floats your boat.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back