LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Just reminding those funster's that may be travelling to Morocco this winter 1st time / again to get their vaccinations or boosters done for this country

Wahoo we had ours today, completely forgot about it, last year we had to wait several weeks for the travel clinic to visit , I telephoned today and mentioned when we leave, "asked can you call in today at 4.30pm" oh yes please! now we are sorted for 20 years ! Morocco is looking good x

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
We had booster last year so I think were covered for a few years now..
But will ask next time I pass our doctors...

SO,..... Your going again !!!!!!!

Attachments

• SAM_1662.JPG
    SAM_1662.JPG
    285.3 KB · Views: 10

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just reminding those funster's that may be travelling to Morocco this winter 1st time / again to get their vaccinations or boosters done for this country

Wahoo we had ours today, completely forgot about it, last year we had to wait several weeks for the travel clinic to visit , I telephoned today and mentioned when we leave, "asked can you call in today at 4.30pm" oh yes please! now we are sorted for 20 years ! Morocco is looking good x

Crazy innit........

You are now covered for the next twenty years to go to Morocco and beyond......but a dog needs doing every year just to go into kennels.

No prize for guessing who's on a good rip-off.

Wish i was a vet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The human rabies vaccine needs to be repeated the following year then every 3 to 5 years thereafter to maintain protection. For dogs kennels should not be insisting on an annual vaccine as it lasts longer than that, though we were advised to get it done every two years.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just had our pooches done last month, covered for the next 3 years.

Our kennels insist on annually....as does the vet.
Miss a booster after initial vaccine and the whole proccess starts from scratch.

Sorry....going off thread.

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We just missed the time lapse before we leave shortly to have the Rabies jab/s, mind we didnt have the Rabies last winter either , I forgot what the doc said on the tel ... but yes we are ok for 20 yrs now, had the Typhoid & Hepatitis "A" boosters .. and Tetanus was done last November which is good for 10 years

Steve if you had the booster last year for the Typhoid n Hepatitis you will prob be good for a total of 20 yrs...

And these jabs were free not like what pooches have to pa... thankfully x

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Are vaccinations needed for all funster events now?

They are still working on that one.

They tried one version on a guinea pig and it melted, so tried it on an elephant and it lasted 43 seconds. And that was the minimum dose calculated for a FUN meet.

They think they'll crack it within 52 years.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
dont need any vaccinations for morocco.
as for the dog it depends just which vaccine they use . the latest one are three years . earlier ones where 1 year. then two years .
i had the human rabies one in 98 as i was travelling around africa but dont need it for most of north africa . same as yellow fever jab . not needed in morocco.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
The vaccinations needed are to protect the local communities from Funsters. Even the local Mosquitos populations get there tetanus before you lot turn up:eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back