Vaccination certificate (1 Viewer)

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Not sure that would be recognised outside the UK though - and we don't have smart phones.
No reason why it shouldn't be recognised; the only difference is that the entry point to the system was via the Scottish Patient Access System, but thi then redirects you the main NHS website where the data collection begins, In IT Terms, it's just the difference between arriving via the front door, or nipping over your neighbour's back fence, but, as this analogy shows, I'm not from an IT background!

Perhaps a better analogy would be buying from a shop or buying from the online store. To the outside world, the garment looks exactly the same, and nobody knows, or is concerned with which delivery channel was chosen.

I'll need to try the system again before reaching a conclusion, not least because my registration was via a flaky G3 connection, so the process was very clunky with connections dropping etc, but it seems OK so far.

Steve

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
No reason why it shouldn't be recognised; the only difference is that the entry point to the system was via the Scottish Patient Access System, but thi then redirects you the main NHS website where the data collection begins, In IT Terms, it's just the difference between arriving via the front door, or nipping over your neighbour's back fence, but, as this analogy shows, I'm not from an IT background!

Perhaps a better analogy would be buying from a shop or buying from the online store. To the outside world, the garment looks exactly the same, and nobody knows, or is concerned with which delivery channel was chosen.

I'll need to try the system again before reaching a conclusion, not least because my registration was via a flaky G3 connection, so the process was very clunky with connections dropping etc, but it seems OK so far.

Steve
But with no smart phone so no electronic record (maybe on my laptop if they would allow that).

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
But with no smart phone so no electronic record (maybe on my laptop if they would allow that).
Other than the physical dimensions of the laptop and the difficulty of passing it to Officials in Booths and similar abodes, I can't think how it would make a difference whether you produce a laptop and I do the 'flash git' act and produce my bright new phone [it's predecessor is literally lying in bits after I had to break the already delaminating body to retrieve a jammed mini sdhc card], apart from me being processed a few seconds earlier. We'll each need to disinfect the electronic instrument [same for a laminated paper version], so the outcome really should not be that different.

But this is based merely on the logic and 'in theory' famous last words, so I'd like to try it for myself for my own peace of mind. If I need to take a laminated copy, so be it. But I just know that, as I open the Van window, the breeze will catch the laminate and it will float to the back of the vehicle, requiring me to unbuckle and retrieve it, to the annoyance of the queuing drivers behind us. In summary, that's 3 methods of hacking off everybody else, phone, laptop and laminate! OR, if the Customs Officer wants to check that we have no dairy products or illegal immigrants in the Van, I can ask him or her to retrieve the laminated version to save me unbuckling my seatbelt. I'm sure he would be delighted to oblige ...

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back