Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
What you say regarding pre registered vehicles I find interesting as I can find no reference to this, I have asked a main dealer, Fiat, who tried to sell me a pre registered car but appeared not to be aware of any change in the law. Are you sure, I can well believe EU law going that way.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I thnk what that means is they can't sell a NEW vehicle without registering it first....to the new owner, not themselves.
In other words, you can't buy a new bike still in it's crate as supplied by the importer.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Yes it's taxed until December. Why they taxed it god knows. Will be in their name as the bike is preregistered. I'll be the 2nd owner.
I would reject it as used but advertised new

Also

You can't insure a vehicle NOT registered to you so if you're using it you're using it uninsured.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

The following quote was posted as a reply to me asking if the dealer had pre registered their new van in the dealers name....

@pappajohn V5 says:

Previous keepers “none” so we are good. And apparently not been collected from the Factory yet so need to get it tomorrow as running out of time.

@Ashypants

Ours is only 3500kg so not as cheap as one over 3500kg but still cheaper than one taxed by emissions output from what I understand

What has been posted about dealers having to register in their company name before selling to the public is rubbish.....

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well I bought the bike mid December and STILL haven't received the Registration Document. I've been ringing the dealership every week or so, a salesman has left and nobody knows what's happened to it. I don't even know if the bike is in my name.

I don't want to fill in a v62 as a £25 charge is incurred if you don't have the new keepers slip. I know it's not a huge amount but Why should I? It's their responsibility to let dvla know they've sold the bike. (pre registered by the way, I'm the second owner)

So what can I do? Anybody have any ideas? I've emailed the DVLA but I don't expect any useful outcome of that. I'll probably get some kind of platitude the computer spits out.

Thanks for reading :)
I bought the new Triumph in October.. and reading this I realised I had not got the V5 either !!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back