V5 Number of Seats (1 Viewer)

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

Just looking at my Bessacarr E735's V5[log book] and have noticed that under the heading "Number of Seats" it is showing 2including driver.

Is there any legal need for me to change this, it has seat belts for 4 people ?? albeit i am not sure how many seating places were shown on the orginal design from Swift I have a feeling it may be 5 or 6 ?as it has some side facing seats

any advice would be welcome

Brian

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Brian
the No of seats shown on your V5 are from the Manf info supplied and not corrected by Swift at registration ,
Swift as you know carried out the conversion, I also know for a fact that Swift declare that only forward facing belted seats are for passengers, the remaining seats are for static use only, I would if in your position fill in the V5 to correct any discrepancy's IE strike out No of seats and write in the correct No, DVLA will send new reg Docs
If you read the instructions on the V5 we are all supposed to read and check the document on receipt and notify errors accordingly
At its first Mot it should print out a check sheet giving the No of seats recorded EXCLUDING the driver and the Tester has the opportunity to put it right then, but not many look that close, I don't think it has any legal ramifications at all.
We test many 7 seat people carriers that are 7 seater's with a couple of the seats removed ,we then log them in as 4 + driver??
Geo:thumb:

OP
OP
E

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi, Geo

Thanks for the advice, I will update the V5 and send it off

Brian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

Regarding the number of seats, should this corrolate with the number of berths ?? only from some replies I have had there seems to be confusion over this point.

I have heard about the possible dangers in side facing seats but if this is taken into account how do the manufacturers balance the travel seating with the sleeping arrangements ?

Perhaps Swift could answer this ?

Thanks
Brian

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
The 'Number of seats including driver' is blank on my V5c. The description is 'Motor Caravan'.

The van is a 5 berth according to Swift and apart from the 2 cab seats there are 2 forward facing and 2 rear facing seats in the dinette. The sideways facing seat is 6 feet long but should not be used for seating whilst on the move.

The dinette converts into a double bed, the overcab area is a large double bed and the sideways seat makes into a single bed.

Phil.

J

James Rowan

Deleted User
4 berth???

I have recently bought a 2002 Elddis Sunseeker 45 with a central lounge area. Elddis describe this as a 4 berth motorhome. When the lounge area is made into a double bed, there is no room for the ladder that goes up to the overcab double bed. Therefore it seems impossible for 4 people to sleep in this vehicle unless 2 of them are acrobats or rock climbers and the other 2 people sleeping downstairs don't mind someone standing on their faces in the middle of the night. I have written to Elddis to get their comments but they are on holiday at the moment. I'll post more info if I get it, meanwhile I would be interested in other people's experiences with central double bed areas, ladders etc .....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back