Using water hog and waste hog in France??? (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, we are about to set off to France for a few weeks and are unsure whether to take our water and waste hog. We will be using Aires on the way down and then using camping sites as well as Aires.

The problem is all the photos I have seen in the Aires books show no water hogs on the ground and as they are quite bulky to carry and would have to be stored inside the motorhome, we are just not sure what to do. We have an Autocruise Starburst and the water tank is not very large, the thought of moving everytime we want to fill up is a bit of a problem.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ginny and Mike

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It really depends on yout tank capacities and how quickly you fill them. Most motorhomers seem to get by without them and just never miss an opportunity to empty their tanks. As for fresh water do ensure that carry at least 30m of hose, I carry 80m and have still needed extra on occasion. However there is always a motorhomer that will lend you a length of hose if you get stuck.

Enjoy France, they love motorhomes (Camping Cars)there.

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi,
We carry two roll-flat 20m hoses and a sterilised watering can (for when the hoses just won't reach) :cry:
I think we've used the can twice in five years.
We've never had a water or waste carrier and never needed one, as Jim says
top-up when available and drain at the same time.

regards...nige

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
AS Jim said, they love M/Hs in France... so much so that almost every small town has a dumping point!!

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for the advice folks, I feel much happier not taking the water and waste hog, they take up such a lot of space!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back