Free Member
Sep 7, 2019
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Auto trail Tracker
Exp
I'm a newbie
We are new to motorhoming and bought our Autotrail Tracker last July. We are hoping to stay at a site at the end of July where they say they won't be opening the showers and toilets, so we have to use the one in our motorhome. (We live in Wales and the site is also in Wales, so just hoping we will be allowed to travel more than 5 miles by then). WE have never used the shower and are wondering is it complicated to use? We will have to get our manual out, but not sure how to get hot water etc. Sorry if I sound stupid, but we are learning all the time. Linda

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
image.jpeg

the main problem is that Truma used a 'flame' symbol to mean 'gas' fuel on the right hand control knob but 'hot water' on the other....
also on the right side, two squiggly vertical lines means EL2 (1800w) but on the left one two horizontal ones means 'hot water' .....hmm...
i did manage OK with thenold system but the new CP Plus is miles better in lots of ways...

Upvote 0

richardab

Free Member
Sep 16, 2016
Eye, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
I quite fancy installing one of the trigger devices but how do you tell whether you've got a microswitch or pressure operated pump?
I was wondering this as well. I think (and hopefully somebody more in the know will come back and correct me if I'm wrong!) that each tap will have its own electric micro-switch so you should see wires coming out of the bottom of the taps?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I was wondering this as well. I think (and hopefully somebody more in the know will come back and correct me if I'm wrong!) that each tap will have its own electric micro-switch so you should see wires coming out of the bottom of the taps?
If you have a microswitch system opening a tap just enough to operate the microswitch with little or no water coming out will operate the pump. On a pressure system the pump won't start until there's a reasonable flow from the tap. When you turn off a microswitch tap the pump stops immediately. With a pressure system the pump runs on for a few seconds until pressure is built up again in the pipework. And you are correct about tap wiring.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
as well as being confined to our van on our drive (long story) we also have to be away on two mornings by 7:45....so I tried the Combi CP Plus timer system for the first time a few weeks back and its brill....wake up (woken by pesky alarm) to a tankful of piping hot water. saves us 20 odd mins...
We always use the timer as the shower in our van is used every day we are in the van.

Some tips on using it as it's bit quirky:
To start with the C6 is nowhere as good at water heating as the older C6002, but the heating side is better.

Forget about using the ECO/40 deg setting it has a silly hysteresis, once up to temp the thermostat will not turn the burner on until the temp drops to 27 deg this makes it almost unusable.

On gas to heat the water to 60 deg takes about 40 min (old C6002 20-30min)
With Heat & water selected it takes over an hour, with just heat on it takes over 1 1/2 hours for hot water.

The trick when using the timer when you need heat as well in the morning is to set the timer for 3/4 hour before you want the heating to turn on and set the water to "Boost".
With the water on boost it overrides the heating, the heating will not turn on until the water is up to 62 deg (no I can't remember why it's 62).

So if you want heating at 7:45 and hot water ready for a shower, set the timer to 07:00 with water on Boost.

One last tip don't forget to turn the timer off at the end of your trip.
Or you can do what I normally do which is leave it on and have the boiler firing up every morning in an empty van on the drive & nearly running me out of gas.:giggle:

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I shower once a week wether I need to or not. Amazing what you do to save water when you have to carry it.
I used to date a red head, no hair just a red head, saves on water though.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 10, 2016
Norwich
Funster No
MH
CI Mizar gtl living
we replaced our std Carthago one (small head) with a larger headed 'Camel' one which sucks in aire and seems to hive a very healthy pressure yet is frugal with water....hence Camel?
Another vote here for the 'Camel' shower heads. They do make the most out of your limited water supply.

Upvote 0

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
I shower once a week wether I need to or not. Amazing what you do to save water when you have to carry it.
I used to date a red head, no hair just a red head, saves on water though.
Phil
are you saying there are some weeks at the end of which (you reckon) you don't need to shower??? save a lot of water, lose a lot of friends:mad:

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
are you saying there are some weeks at the end of which (you reckon) you don't need to shower??? save a lot of water, lose a lot of friends:mad:
... ah but at least it ensures that social distancing measures are adhered to by others ... :LOL:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back