Using Tesco vouchers with DFDS? (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, I have just checked my Tesco account and noticed that DFDS is also being offered at £10 vouchers for £30 of cost of crossing.

Has anyone experience of using vouchers on the ferries, we have used them on the tunnel but the ferry was not available at that time.

Ginny

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
AFAIK it is not availiable on cross channel or for motorhomes.
For some reason only availiable on crossings with cars under 2.3m high & from the North East
Its in the small print somewhere on DFDS site.

Last edited:

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
You can use your tesco points on any DFDS service, or indeed any other ferry company, firstly convert them to Avios miles, then ring Avios and they will book your chosen ferry/ cabin / vehicle combination and depending how many points/ miles you have, you will get a discount, we booked Portsmouth to Caen, motorhome plus premium cabin for £159, last December we saved £500 off the Portsmouth to Santander trip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
You can use your tesco points on any DFDS service, or indeed any other ferry company, firstly convert them to Avios miles, then ring Avios and they will book your chosen ferry/ cabin / vehicle combination and depending how many points/ miles you have, you will get a discount, we booked Portsmouth to Caen, motorhome plus premium cabin for £159, last December we saved £500 off the Portsmouth to Santander trip

I have not heard of Avios miles, I will have to do some research!

Do you still get 3for1 voucher, this is what makes it worthwhile, I remember when we could get 4 for 1!

Ginny

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
Not sure about 3for1, all our points are automatically converted to Avios (used to be air miles) you set it up on The Tesco website, we have been doing it for years and saved literally thousands

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Just looked a bit closer at the info on Tesco's site -

DFDS Seaways is one of the largest ferry operators in Europe and, for the exchange of just £10 in Clubcard vouchers, you can get £30 in token codes to spend on your trip with them.

Newcastle - Amsterdam

DFDS Seaways offer a real 'mini cruise' experience and, when you arrive at the port near Amsterdam, you'll be less than 2 hours' drive away from the German or Belgian border. You'll be delighted with the Newcastle to Amsterdam cruise ferries and their wealth of on-board entertainment and restaurants. There's even a cinema and a Kids' Club so the whole family is occupied on the crossing from start to finish.

Dover - Dunkirk

Kick off your holidays aboard one of the beautiful DFDS Seaways ferries from Dover to Dunkirk in northern France. There are up to 24 crossings day and night between these locations, and the journey takes just two hours. With Dunkirk as your destination, you're in perfect stead for convenient access to Europe with France's excellent motorway network nearby. Back on board, however, you can enjoy peace and quiet in a classy bar while the children are let loose in the play area.

How to place your order
1. Choose how much in Clubcard vouchers you’d like to exchange using the basket on the right. Any change left over from your Clubcard vouchers will be added back into your Clubcard Account.

2. We’ll send you two emails within 30 minutes – please note this may take longer due to additional security checks. One will be your order confirmation. The other will contain your token codes and instructions on how to use them.

3. Simply follow the instructions in your email to use your token codes.

Additional information

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Oh bugger, I have just read the additional information -

Please note: only 1 token code can be used per booking.

• Token codes are valid on the following: Newcastle to Amsterdam or Dover to Dunkirk.

• All DFDS bookings on Newcastle to Amsterdam are subject to a £20 booking fee and £5 on Dover to Dunkirk. These fees can be paid for with tokens.

• Please note vouchers can only be used for Economy fares and cars under 2.35m high. Offer does not include caravans.

• Prices are subject to availability. Maximum token redemption is £210 on Newcastle to Amsterdam crossings (including £20 booking fee, if paid for with tokens).

• You must book your crossing a minimum of 28 days before your intended travel date.

Full Terms & Conditions apply.

Back to the drawing board, or tunnel!

Ginny

Ethle the wondervan

Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One year
I wouldn't use DFS at all.

The thought of floating across the Channel on a new Sofa that you haven't fully paid for yet seems completely irresponsible! and fair turns my stomach :sick:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
No, you need to change your Tesco points to Avios miles, it's completely different, you then use Avios to get your discount, not Tesco

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back