Using Ipod on entertainment system (1 Viewer)

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
I wonder if anyone can help me? I want to use an Ipod through the supplied entertainment system in my 2006 Autotrail Tracker SE. The dashboard mounted unit is JVC's KD-DV4201. Inside the locker with all the electronic gizmos is a terminal box through which (I assume) the DVD, TV, rear camera and radio pass. There is a pair of empty phono sockets and I have tried plugging my Ipod into these with appropriate lead and selecting "3" on the selector box currently labelled DVD, TV and blank for number 3. I get a resounding silence.... Pressing "Source" on my radio only allows me to select from Radio or Disk. Does anyone have the faintest idea how to achieve what I want? Many thanks. Jerry

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I wonder if anyone can help me? I want to use an Ipod through the supplied entertainment system in my 2006 Autotrail Tracker SE. The dashboard mounted unit is JVC's KD-DV4201. Inside the locker with all the electronic gizmos is a terminal box through which (I assume) the DVD, TV, rear camera and radio pass. There is a pair of empty phono sockets and I have tried plugging my Ipod into these with appropriate lead and selecting "3" on the selector box currently labelled DVD, TV and blank for number 3. I get a resounding silence.... Pressing "Source" on my radio only allows me to select from Radio or Disk. Does anyone have the faintest idea how to achieve what I want? Many thanks. Jerry
Sorry Jerry, I would have done the same as you. I did buy a Bluetooth device in Hong Kong a while back to be picked up by the vans system, however the quality was poor in my opinion and not worth the effort,
Ipods do seem to have their own version of MP3 which is not always recognised.

Alan

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
mine works like that just make sure you are plugged into the correct sockets I can take a photo if you need

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-

Don't know if it helps at all .... I have an Insignia with USB and phono sockets. Vauxhall said that all it required was a single (Vauxhall!!) USB lead to make the I-Pod work. I used a standard USB lead, along with the standard mini-jack and it works absolutely fine.

OP
OP
Jerrymjj

Jerrymjj

Free Member
Apr 3, 2014
Alton Hants
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker SE
Exp
Newbie!
Many thanks, problem solved

Many thanks for all the swift responses. I have now got the Ipod to play through the system by plugging the phono leads into the spare pair of sockets and selecting "Ext in" on the radio display. I am extremely grateful to everyone for the valuable advice and assistance. Jerry:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back