Jan 4, 2017
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
im a newbie
Hi folks,
We have yet to collect our motorhome (Converts from caravanning) but I wondered whether I can use a full service pitch and connect water and waste up to the motorhome rather than use the tanks on the motorhome.

The reason I ask is because I would like to site the motorhome for a week for family while I am away on an overseas trip and they would not be able to move the motorhome.

Would appreciate your help.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Hi,

I think you’d find it easy to fill your onboard water tank and just top it up when necessary using your hose. With regard to the waste. Unless you have a mascerator you’ll take the toilet cassette to the appropriate disposal place. You can usually drain the grey waste at the pitch if it’s fully serviced - again using a hose.

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Probably easier to train then in topping up the fresh water with a container such as a watering can and empty the waste with a bucket.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

burtonjoycered

Free Member
Jan 4, 2017
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
im a newbie
Hi,
Yes it's the grey wastage drainage I was unsure about understand can top fresh water up and empty toilet cassette but wasn't sure if you can drain grey waste without taking vehicle to a service point (Assuming its a full service pitch)

Upvote 0

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
It might be useful to have a named person who is capable of moving the motorhome in case of an emergency.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

burtonjoycered

Free Member
Jan 4, 2017
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
im a newbie
OK the only service pitches I have experienced has the drain that, with the caravan you run a piece of piping to from the waste outlet, is that possible with a motorhome?

Upvote 0

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Yes it’s possible, just get one of the correct diameter - ours looks like the sort you get on a vacuum cleaner. If your vehicle doesn’t have a connector to attach the hose I expect a jubilee clip or similar would work.

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
Hi folks,
We have yet to collect our motorhome (Converts from caravanning) but I wondered whether I can use a full service pitch and connect water and waste up to the motorhome rather than use the tanks on the motorhome.

The reason I ask is because I would like to site the motorhome for a week for family while I am away on an overseas trip and they would not be able to move the motorhome.

Would appreciate your help.
Hi. I'm assuming you have not booked your site yet so I would do that asap as you've said 'with family' meaning during the holiday season. Find out what they offer for a 'fully serviced site', water, waste, EHU (electric hook-up) and TV connection. Ask if the drains are immediately behind the pitch, if so, you will know how many metres of waste pipe you will need, plus a connector (B&Q) to empty your waste. Just leave the drain tap open.
I know many Dads pitch a caravan for the family and leave them for a week or two. I'm sure motorhomers do the same. If on a club site, the wardens are very helpful. Not sure about commercial sites. If you have used these kind of pitches with your caravan, it's no different with a motorhome.
Hope this helps. Mike

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

burtonjoycered

Free Member
Jan 4, 2017
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
im a newbie
Hi,
Same family members haves used the caravan before so familiar with emptying toilet cassette and that is only ever for kids and night time emergencies.

It is for October have not looked where yet. I gues really my uncertainty was where the grey waste outlet is and even if it’s something you can fix a bit of flexi pipe to, are they all the same? We have bought a Dethleffs 7057.

Upvote 0

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We have a pipe that we can attached to the waste pipe when on some CLs they say to put the grey waste into the hedge, attach pipe and open tap, good idea to pin the other end down so it stays where you put it!

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi,
Same family members haves used the caravan before so familiar with emptying toilet cassette and that is only ever for kids and night time emergencies.

It is for October have not looked where yet. I gues really my uncertainty was where the grey waste outlet is and even if it’s something you can fix a bit of flexi pipe to, are they all the same? We have bought a Dethleffs 7057.
A Dethleffs will have a 40mm waste, easy to extend with convoluted pond hose.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back