Free Member
Apr 2, 2015
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Newie but caravaned 30 years
I have just fitted a 100wt. Solar system to the roof of MH bought it locally in lowestoft for £135 even included the sikaflex adhesive, 25 year guarantee on the panel which was cheaper than anything I could find on ebay.
My question is does the system need to be switched off when not in use, when the MH is parked in storage etc. The controller is a EPHC10-EC. It has an off button on the front. I previously used a free standing panel that was always disconnected and stored away when not required. Thanks for any advice Trev

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
No, don't switch it off. Unless your storage is indoors it will keep the batteries topped up while the MH is sat there. Either way it won't do any harm.

Reactions: DBK

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
There's some decent aires on Mars although the place doesn't have much atmosphere. For sunshine I'd choose Mercury every time, and the toilets on Uranus are best avoided. I'd also steer well clear of the Ring Peripherique around Saturn during rush hour, and...

Oh I see, Solar Power System. Sorry, my mistake. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
I store my MH about 9 miles from home and leave the solar panel on all time ensures engine battery not flat.when engine battery is full changes to leisure battery.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We have had our van 10years with Solar Panel and never switched it off though we do have a Battery Master I would look at getting one fitted if you don't already.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
If you switch it off it won't work, what was the point of fitting it? Leave it on......

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the on off switch on that controller is for the load output (last pair of terminals on the right) it will not disconnect the solar panel or regulator from the batteries and why would you , just leave it charging to do its job and keep the batteries in tip top condition.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back