Useful things I have learned this week.... (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
These are two things I should have known by my age to be honest. I am posting just in case anyone else doesn't know about it.

First up is baking powder. I have never baked in my life so have never bought this stuff nor have I ever looked at what it is or what it can do.... Whilst on a trawl of youtube I tripped across a recipe and thought it looked interesting and they used baking powder. I did a quick look around on this stuff and found it could be used in flat breads (which I make) and pancakes.

I just experimented with it in pancakes and wow, a teaspoon full of this stuff makes the pancakes really nice and fluffy. I used too much on the first go and the pancake overflowed the pan :whistle::confused:.
But the second attempt was lovely.

I also made some flat bread which I normally make using just flour and water in a frying pan. It made it very nice and fluffy as well. Although next time I will cut down the amount drastically as it did fall to pieces a little bit too easily.

The second thing I discovered was silicone spray. I have used this for years on my window sliders and thetford cassette slider. Yesterday I forgot to spray the cassette after emptying it so I sprayed down the loo. Now the aerosol can I use sends out a fine mist and I couldn't get the can close to the blade so the bottom half of the bowl got a good dose. When I next went for a pee it had a curious effect. It ran down the bowl half way as normal then beaded and sped up. I got my cleaning kit out and cleaned the entire bowl and gave the whole bowl a spray of silicone spray. I am sure this is going to make the toilet stay cleaner longer and make it easier to clean.

Yup, I am sure many of you already know these things. However I have managed to get to the ripe old age of 44 without discovering them so I thought there may be others as well.:p

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Gromett I am still finding things I never knew and I am much much older, :rolleyes: never thought of Baking Powder in pancakes will give it a go. :)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Silicone mixed with your flat bread will make it easier to swallow
Baking powder in the cassette will prevent splashes when emptying
Putting into practice what you read on here can be hazardous to health
and damaging to Thetford toilet systems
G

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
This week I learned.........
image.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I have managed to get to the ripe old age of 44 without discovering them so I thought there may be others as well

In another 20 years time you will be a 'know it all' ...

but by that time the thinking marbles are slowing down and it's all downhill ... :(

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I got mycleaning kit out and cleaned the entire bowl and gave the whole bowl a spray of silicone spray. I am sure this is going to make the toilet stay cleaner longer and make it easier to clean.

What about trying it out on your shower walls/wet room too?.. Or using Wax polish on the plastic walls etc!.... Mmmm!. . (y)

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Today I learnt that you have to unwrap some dishwasher tablets.......................................................don't ask!:whistle:

Last week I learnt that you Don't have to unwrap some dishwasher tablets!! ------ again don't ask!! :oops:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
If something is chipped add baking powder and superglue makes it stronger and goes like glass but can be sanded down.

Joe
Seen a guitar fret that was worn right down repaired with that method, it is rock hard and resists the strings for a long time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back