Free Member
Aug 12, 2007
North Notts
Funster No
MH
As available
Exp
Involved with Caravans and Motorhomes over 15 years
I had a meeting with a business associate today, who has 5 late model Hymers to sell from his rental fleet:

2004 Hymer Camp C 594 Family Coachbuilt £21,995
2003 Hymer Classic B 575 'A' Class £23,995
2005 Hymer Tramp 574 Low Profile £26,995
2005 Hymer Classic 644 Family Coachbuilt £27,995
2006 Hymer Classic C 514 Coachbuilt £24,995

All are RHD, have mileage in the region of 30,000 and have been regularly maintained.

I'm not intending to do his advertising for him but felt it worth mentioning on here in case anyone is hunting a particular model of Hymer.

Please pm me or use the Contact Form on my website if you would like more info.

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
I recently purchased my Tramp 625 (2004) with 6300miles and I think that I got a better deal!.
But thanks for the post as might help someone!

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:frowny: The trouble with Hymer (Smymers) is that they do NOT have the facilities required by any NORMAL UK family/person. IMH&HO. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
:frowny: The trouble with Hymer (Smymers) is that they do NOT have the facilities required by any NORMAL UK family/person. IMH&HO. :winky:

dont follow you here jsw....the facilities are 1st class in grahams t class...which facilities are you refering to....or maybe i am not "normal"...:whatthe::roflmto:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: ALL the European (not British) Motorhomes I have ever come across, have only ever had 2 or 3 burners for cooking. Very few have a grill. None that I have seen have every had an oven. :whatthe:

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
:Cool: ALL the European (not British) Motorhomes I have ever come across, have only ever had 2 or 3 burners for cooking. Very few have a grill. None that I have seen have every had an oven. :whatthe:

graham and kaths have a grill and an oven...i know as kath burnt the garlic bread the 1st time she used it...hhee hhee :roflmto:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
graham and kaths have a grill and an oven...i know as kath burnt the garlic bread the 1st time she used it...hhee hhee :roflmto:

:Cool: But how much did that Hymer cost compared to an American Motorhome of the same quality? (BTW, not from a UK dealer :roflmto:) Was the Oven and Grill original fittings or extras?

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
:Cool: But how much did that Hymer cost compared to an American Motorhome of the same quality? (BTW, not from a UK dealer :roflmto:) Was the Oven and Grill original fittings or extras?

graham had a fantastic deal jsw....but wether the oven was part of the original fittings well graham will have to answer that...i suspect it was original though...it a nice motor...sammy x :winky:

BGD

Banned
Aug 20, 2007
Costa Blanca, Spain.
Funster No
I had a meeting with a business associate today, who has 5 late model Hymers to sell from his rental fleet:

2004 Hymer Camp C 594 Family Coachbuilt £21,995
2003 Hymer Classic B 575 'A' Class £23,995
2005 Hymer Tramp 574 Low Profile £26,995
2005 Hymer Classic 644 Family Coachbuilt £27,995
2006 Hymer Classic C 514 Coachbuilt £24,995

All are RHD, have mileage in the region of 30,000 and have been regularly maintained.

I'm not intending to do his advertising for him but felt it worth mentioning on here in case anyone is hunting a particular model of Hymer.

Please pm me or use the Contact Form on my website if you would like more info.

Thanks for the info - but the prices seem rather high.
Particularly for ex-rental vehicles which will have been driven/used by loads of different people.
Personally I would much prefer a one-careful-private-owner-driver-from-new, rather than a one-commercial-owner-and-dozens-of-different-drivers-with-no-real-interest-in-not-thrashing-the-van.

If you wade through all the dealers websites, and all the private ads, I think you could do a lot better to be honest.
But there may, as you say, be someone out there who is desperate to get hold of a specific model and for whom high price/hard usage are not critical factors.

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
But how much did that Hymer cost compared to an American Motorhome of the same quality? (BTW, not from a UK dealer Was the Oven and Grill original fittings or extras?

Hi John.
We have recently purchased this one s/h however the oven and grill was factory fitted, along with the full size fully automatic fridge. (it selects the most efficient power supply automatically, 12v/mains/gas)::bigsmile:
The air con was fitted by the dealer.:Smile:
This van was supplied new by Brownhills and they specify oven & grills from the factory.:Cool:
Our old( year 2000) Hymer was supplied new (not to us) by Brownhills and did not have these things.:frowny:
This T class is a very comfortable van,:Cool: however it is no where as big as an American job!:frowny:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
the oven and grill was factory fitted, along with the full size fully automatic fridge. (it selects the most efficient power supply automatically, 12v/mains/gas)::bigsmile:
The air con was fitted by the dealer.:Smile:

however it is no where as big as an American job!:frowny:

:Smile: I have mentioned elsewhere that the Europeans are trying hard to catch up with the Americans.

Cannot disagree. Bang for Buck. :winky:

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
:Smile: I have mentioned elsewhere that the Europeans are trying hard to catch up with the Americans.

Cannot disagree. Bang for Buck. :winky:

Hi John,
It just comes down to personal preference and how big or small the roads are that you want to drive down.
As I have said on the other forum, it is all about enjoyment and not what you drive!
So long as you enjoy it is fine:Cool:

OP
OP
motoroamin

motoroamin

Free Member
Aug 12, 2007
North Notts
Funster No
MH
As available
Exp
Involved with Caravans and Motorhomes over 15 years
Its horses for courses, otherwise everyone would have the same thing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and 'quality' can mean different things to different people.

The prices are pretty irrelevant unless the van is the model that someone wants to buy; I was in two minds when posting whether to put them on at all, but felt people would ask anyway. I'm sure if I was selling I would negotiate if I had a serious buyer in front of me :)

Last edited:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi John,
It just comes down to personal preference and how big or small the roads are that you want to drive down.
As I have said on the other forum, it is all about enjoyment and not what you drive!
So long as you enjoy it is fine:Cool:

:Cool: I agree. It doesn't matter whether it is Big or small. New or Old. The enjoyment is the MAIN thing.
Having said that? Full-Timers sometimes need a little more in size and comfort. However. When we first were on our way to go Mobile. We met a couple from Southport on a beach in Spain travelling in a Mercedes Van. They had sold up everything and were touring quite happily in their converted van. They had been doing it since 1986. This was in 2000.
:RollEyes: I'm afraid there isn't an RV legally allowed on the road that would be big enough that Sandy wouldn't be able to fill it. :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back