USB Charger For Braun Electric Toothbrushes £4.08 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Seeing more positive reviews on Facebook groups for this charger :) - not received ours yet - tracking shows it's in Hong Kong & should arrive 16 January -14 February! We aren't in a rush but they could do with a UK stockist.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Seeing more positive reviews on Facebook groups for this charger :) - not received ours yet - tracking shows it's in Hong Kong & should arrive 16 January -14 February! We aren't in a rush but they could do with a UK stockist.
By shipping on paper as individual items do they avoid import tax etc, which they would have to pay if sent in bulk to a supplier. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Here’s the link @Wombles but it’s the usb charger only at that price as I paid 98p for the cable as well.

John.
Thank you - the one we have ordered from has increased in price to £6.99 now!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Jamwitt & anyone else who might be thinking of getting one of these or similar - our charger arrived yesterday & it works! (y) It charged a toothbrush in an afternoon so about the same time as the Braun charger & the toothbrush stopped charging once fully charged just the same. It is a neat, lightweight unit & only concern would be how long the micro USB socket would last if constantly unplugging so will leave that attached.

DSCF7257.JPG

The seller we bought from has increased the price to £6.99 & now no longer includes the USB cable so not now competitive. The link that @Neckender kindly added above is the best priced seller that we have found so far & there is the option of it in black plus an extra 5% off if buying 2 :)There is a tiny 1% Quidco cashback available too. We will be buying a couple more as ideal for travel & motorhome kits as less bulky than the Braun charger & can be used with phone charger cable & plug. The photo on this listing shows the charger has exactly the same markings as that which we bought so hopefully will work the same.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This is the type of budget but effective Braun electric toothbrush that we have used for years Amazon product ASIN B00K2U5X6YNormally buy them when on offer so around £15-20 & come with a 2 year guarantee so we buy from Amazon so will get replaced if any problems. Cheap enough to have one in the motorhome &/or travel kit (hotel) with separate heads. Have tried more expensive versions but no noticeable difference in how well they clean.

Last edited:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Got mine today. Trouble is I recharged my toothbrush on the mains recently so it'll be while before I can test the USB charger :)

I might try it on a USB power bank out of curiosity.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
@Wombles here is my installation, I’ve fitted a double 4.1 amp usb with separate isolation switch in the bathroom out of the shower area.
I can now charge our toothbrushes and my shaver.

John.

E1AE653F-6C4B-45FC-B1A0-492CCA1F5BD8.jpeg
DE748114-B235-4882-B291-2CFA3FAA606B.jpeg

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Neckender like that (y) the USB charger looks smart in black too. What make & model shaver is that please? Mr Wombles wanted one for in the motorhome & was going to get a battery version but a USB one would be much better.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
We wondered how the usb electric toothbrush brush charger is still going any problem. Cheers

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We wondered how the usb electric toothbrush brush charger is still going any problem. Cheers
Still working well for us (y) Have one in our travel pack for when away in hotels as well as when in the motorhome.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
This looks useful. I have a psw inverter connected to the standard dual voltage shaver socket in the washroom. I also have a rechargeable shaver for the bits I shave and a beard ttrimmer for the bits I dont, but this looks really useful if you only charge a toothbrush.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Yes we are over a year now, in constant use and still going strong - means we do not need a psw inverter.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If anyone spots the USB shaver at Aldi/Lidl instore or online please post on the forum as have been on the lookout for one of these for Mr Womble & sure it would be a popular & useful item for others too.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
The reason that the toothbrush charger (and most other devices using similar technology) needs pure sine wave is because it includes low-tech wound components and not because of sensitive electronics. Modern more sensitive devices use switched-mode power supplies. These take whatever iffy mains that's presented to them, turn it into dc and store in a capacitor, then spit it out in dribbles as required by the device. They're pretty immune to any sort of inverter.
The GHD straightening tongs have sensitive electronics, if used on a square wave inverter they burn out.
If the power supply is a square wave, the higher harmonics might stress some components in the high voltage portion of a switch mode power supply beyond their ideal design parameters. Also, there is a possibility of higher-harmonic noise sneaking onto the output and damaging sensitive items being powered.

Use a good quality pure sinewave inverter (not a cheapo chinese one) it will cost you more in the end.

Good pure sine wave inverters like the Ring ones will run at their stated power for 12 hours continuous.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
@Wombles there’s this one on EBay for £29.

Mens Electric Shaver Razor Wet Dry Rechargeable Cordless Trimmer Waterproof USB

And some cheaper from China.

John.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The GHD straightening tongs have sensitive electronics, if used on a square wave inverter they burn out.
If the power supply is a square wave, the higher harmonics might stress some components in the high voltage portion of a switch mode power supply beyond their ideal design parameters. Also, there is a possibility of higher-harmonic noise sneaking onto the output and damaging sensitive items being powered.

Use a good quality pure sinewave inverter (not a cheapo chinese one) it will cost you more in the end.

Good pure sine wave inverters like the Ring ones will run at their stated power for 12 hours continuous.
I don't disagree entirely. Cheaper modified sinewave inverters can also suffer poor regulation with large output voltage variations depending on load - which can be more damaging than the harmonics. But there are decent ones about and it shouldn't be assumed that they aren't fit for specific purposes.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Wombles there’s this one on EBay for £29.

Mens Electric Shaver Razor Wet Dry Rechargeable Cordless Trimmer Waterproof USB

And some cheaper from China.

John.
Thank you - have looked at those but not sure how good or safe they would be. Will make do with a battery one for now but keep looking out for the Lidl/Aldi one as good price & can't go wrong with 3 years guarantee too.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I don't disagree entirely. Cheaper modified sinewave inverters can also suffer poor regulation with large output voltage variations depending on load - which can be more damaging than the harmonics. But there are decent ones about and it shouldn't be assumed that they aren't fit for specific purposes.
Yes but unless you have an oscilloscope and know how to use it you will just have to risk ruining your electronic device when you use it.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For all those with Braun electric toothbrushes - good price on genuine replacement heads pack of 8 £12.45 at Amazon at the moment Amazon product ASIN B003U9V7NMEdit: The link image shows £16.15 but goes to £12.45

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back