US RV and Motorhome Show Shepton Mallet (1 Viewer)

Simba

Free Member
May 17, 2010
Basildon, Essex. UK
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
Since 2009-2013
Thank you Roger and Sue for a great weekend and sorry to hear you will not be marshalling again. We had a great time meeting funster friends old and new, and although the weather was trying its best to put a damper on things, good entertainment nights were had in the tent. Thanks also to Bob (Slobadobabob) for his advice about an RV.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
One of the major problems with show organisers and sites seems to be that as profits reduce they just hike the prices to the traders without any real thought what the impact will be.

There use to be an old saying somewhere about cutting your cloth ........... In our opinion many of these shows will fade away over the next few years as fewer people exhibit so fewer people attend so fewer people exhibit etc etc until both sides decide not to bother and the show closes. Any trader not only has the site pitch to pay out for but also lost revenue in the leadup setup and breakdown - many have to pay hotel and subsistence to staff to man it. From the point of view of visitors the cost of visiting will increase as well as cost of maintaining the vehicle - the cost of fuel etc etc all adding up to the need for both sides to have the show experience being really worth while.

Ultimately we can see show rallies fading away and themed rallies such as the Whitby rally - Bring & Buy - etc etc being more the normal.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Firstly thanks Roger and Sue

Firstly thanks to Roger and Sue for the usual hard work they put in. Appriciated. Shame you will not be the marshall next year.

Given the number of stalls and campers this year I can see this show not lasting much longer. It seems both of Stone Leasure events are on rocky ground. Stratford on Avon was the worse attended event there for many a year. I am talking about being there 24 years back.. In those days it was Startford on Avon or Shepton.. shame, but as Bill says I think they are not cutting the cloth.. in these hard times, even we will consider cutting more shows out next year. Disappointed in the show.

However our social side was great as always. Sorry we are not a click, but the RV owners attending just seemed to get together in the evenings, but we did have even Stuart (Capt Pugwash join us).. we had 4 guitars and one Ukulele under the awning one evening following the BBQ. shame the welshboys did not make it, they were missed. The RVOC group A RV POSITVE ..band, group or whatever did there Wandering Star and a few more tunes that our roadi set up for us (Gary and Barb).. good eveing we also had in the tent, shame more would not join in the singing.

I am sorry that Ezzie annoyed someone in the tent ..we got the message.. unfortunatly it is not always possible to thether 74 kgs of power.. but as most know how soft she is, we did not think it was a problem.. but there is always one it seems that moans... I think they hate dogs big and small.. but that is my own personal view.. no names.

I did notice that Bill (Landylover and myself were the only ones that had awnings up until Monday morning and I still had the only two flags flying on Monday... we braved the wind.

Nice to meet up with Winnie the Brave, new to RVOC (our sister site) and it was a shame they could not stay the whole weekend. We had some great get together cook in's (BBQ's)... to much food as always.

I was very please to see that people made sure everyone got of the grass and no one was left stuck. Bill (Landylover's) Landrover came in to use.

Bill had to pull all 17 tons of Gary and Barbs 40' HR off the mud when it became bogged down.. a powerful front winch and strops to a tree and it was off the worse of the mud and on Sunday the use of mud mats and jack blocks had Gary on his way. Some of the euro vans were also freed from mud as well. So much for an all weather surface that is advertised for the site.

We had problems with the EHU ..someone was trying to nick power up the way and we were off the service a couple of times.. no we RV did not blow any trips..

Very tired after a long weekend, drive home Monday was hard with the wind. But we got back safe and sound.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
I am sorry that Ezzie annoyed someone in the tent ..we got the message.. unfortunatly it is not always possible to thether 74 kgs of power.. but as most know how soft she is, we did not think it was a problem..

Nice to meet up with Winnie the Brave, new to RVOC (our sister site) and it was a shame they could not stay the whole weekend.

Bob Ezzie didn't annoy everyone, she tried to ride my boys scooter, sucked his arm, and stood (almost) eye to eye with him, but he thinks she is really funny ::bigsmile:

We were sad to have to leave, but we inadvertantly double booked. :Doh:We had a great time though, and hope to join you all in the future.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Many thanks Roger and Sue for another great weekend. We did what we do best and relaxed the whole weekend. thanks once again Roger.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back