Urgent - Workspace / Workshop needed to finish Sprinter conversion - 2 weeks (1 Viewer)

ThoseDillyDays

Free Member
Jul 31, 2019
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi everyone

Me and my partner are looking to find a space to stay for a couple of weeks while we finish our campervan conversion. Our conversion is almost complete so the remaining work is mainly interior fitting of kitchen and finishing. We're based in the South of the UK but we're happy to travel.

We're a polite, friendly and respectful 30 and 31 year old professional couple - non smokers with no pets. We're exploring all options and are open to accommodation with space to finish our conversion, or just a workshop that can accommodate a LWB Sprinter with a height of 2.8m and we could find other local accommodation. The working space will require an electric hook up. We aim to wrap up the conversion within 2 weeks.

We are looking for somewhere immediately and could arrive as early as tomorrow. Of course, we're happy to agree a rental amount for our stay.

We'd love to hear from anyone that has a space that may suit our needs, or to hear any recommendations.

All the best,
Sam and Jazz

Attachments

• van.jpg
    van.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 80
Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Can’t help with your request unfortunately but if your both handy with equipment and tools maybe help someone with their build or maintenance in return for space just a thought and good luck

OP
OP
ThoseDillyDays

ThoseDillyDays

Free Member
Jul 31, 2019
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
I'm a newbie
Can’t help with your request unfortunately but if your both handy with equipment and tools maybe help someone with their build or maintenance in return for space just a thought and good luck
That's a great idea, we are by no means van conversion experts but we have learnt so much doing this self-build and we are always happy to pay it forward.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi everyone

Me and my partner are looking to find a space to stay for a couple of weeks while we finish our campervan conversion. Our conversion is almost complete so the remaining work is mainly interior fitting of kitchen and finishing. We're based in the South of the UK but we're happy to travel.

We're a polite, friendly and respectful 30 and 31 year old professional couple - non smokers with no pets. We're exploring all options and are open to accommodation with space to finish our conversion, or just a workshop that can accommodate a LWB Sprinter with a height of 2.8m and we could find other local accommodation. The working space will require an electric hook up. We aim to wrap up the conversion within 2 weeks.

We are looking for somewhere immediately and could arrive as early as tomorrow. Of course, we're happy to agree a rental amount for our stay.

We'd love to hear from anyone that has a space that may suit our needs, or to hear any recommendations.

All the best,
Sam and Jazz
Does it have to be a workshop covered ?

OP
OP
ThoseDillyDays

ThoseDillyDays

Free Member
Jul 31, 2019
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
I'm a newbie
Does it have to be a workshop covered?
Thanks for your reply (y). We have been working on the van outside so we could continue to do so. Obviously a sheltered workspace would be a luxury given the reliability of the English weather. We would still need a dry, secure space to store our kitchen units etc until we can fit them.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Costa Blanca Spain
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Thanks for your reply (y). We have been working on the van outside so we could continue to do so. Obviously a sheltered workspace would be a luxury given the reliability of the English weather. We would still need a dry, secure space to store our kitchen units etc until we can fit them.

Maybe send me a PM of where you can be based?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
I'd look at caravan storage facilities or self store container units. You can store all your stuff in the unit whilst you work on the van.

Or caravan sites where you could trade some handiman / cleaning work for site fees.

Another idea would be marinas/ boatyards which are used to people working on there boats / vans!

Smaller setups might be more amenable and welcome a bit of security by night.

Cheers James

OP
OP
ThoseDillyDays

ThoseDillyDays

Free Member
Jul 31, 2019
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Sprinter
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you so much for sending this over. It still might be worth us having a chat with them

Blue lagoon

Free Member
Sep 14, 2018
Funster No
MH
Citroen relay xlwb
Exp
4 years
Have you found a place to finish the conversion yet?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back