URGENT Q (1 Viewer)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Take it out and give it a damn good thrashing,80 mph in 4th gear should do it. Rev the guts out if it. If that doesn’t work,do it again......and again. God damn it,it’s Italian and it’s missing getting hot hot hot! :LOL: :LOL: ;)

No responsibility is taken for any damage caused to the driver or vehicle as a result of taking this advice.:LOL::LOL:

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Well we have arrived in Hawick and the triangle never went off all the way here, no Alan isn’t with us, it’s me n mum.

Thanks for all your suggestions, I think mum was getting me in a flap earlier. Will put the van up on ramps and see if that helps any. It is due a service so will either get it fixed then or phone AA later when we are sat doing nowt.

A big tankers blocking our way into the best parking spots, he’ll move soon no doubt

75C65A25-A45E-4078-9ABB-E87C72B8F0CF.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Well you widnae believe it. Tankers gone, just started engine to move up a little and the light is OFF, no matter how many times I tried that earlier it didn’t work so I don’t know what the problem was but It seems to have sorted itself. Cheers everyone, cuppa tea now then a walk to the shops :)

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Is it not market day tomorrow Sandra?

Perhaps markets haven't reopened in Scotland?

I think the cheapest diesel around can be found at the 'new' Sainsbury's just up the A7 from you

Enjoy your freedom 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Barry

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Is it not market day tomorrow Sandra?

Perhaps markets haven't reopened in Scotland?

I think the cheapest diesel around can be found at the 'new' Sainsbury's just up the A7 from you

Enjoy your freedom 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Barry
Yep, well remembered (y) I will check with my contact..Maybe a 3rd move coming up :LOL: Thanks

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I had the same warning triangle about 3 times up until March this year. It did go out after 4 or 5 engine starts. I checked al the usual items mentioned in previous posts and also water in the fuel filter which was on the list in the manual. I noticed when this happened the oil level display circles did come on when the ignition is turned. The oil level on the dipstick was at the top mark. After I had it serviced the level was just below the top mark and the oil level display had returned. Ive done a few hundred miles since and the warning triangle has not reappeared. Hope this helps.
Ah yes, that's something to be aware of you should NEVER go over the 'max' when putting oil in, we had this with a previous camper and ended up having to have it all drained out by a Fiat garage in France, then refilled and the service light reset - this was all because our own garage hadn't reset the service light and told us to put more oil in to try to cure it ... needless to say they had to foot the bill for it!

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Well you widnae believe it. Tankers gone, just started engine to move up a little and the light is OFF, no matter how many times I tried that earlier it didn’t work so I don’t know what the problem was but It seems to have sorted itself. Cheers everyone, cuppa tea now then a walk to the shops :)
See,I told you it would be ok if you thrashed it. Let me know if you want any more good advice.:LOL::giggle:;);););)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Seen this before and posted about it. Sometimes there is a very temporary small glitch that triggers the system warning but then goes away. However the system still remembers it and needs resetting. An OBD11 reader device can sometimes do it but doing 5 engine "restarts", making sure the engine revs go high enough to activate the alternator, then leaving the ignition off for 30 secs sometimes does the reset - which looks like what has happened here.

For anybody else who gets this warning light, with no other warnings I hasten to add, it's worth a try, costs nowt, before paying an arm and a leg for a dealer to do the same thing!

Modern electronics! :swear: The only warning light I had on my old trusty Morris 1000 was the red charging warning light when the fan belt broke.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
See,I told you it would be ok if you thrashed it. Let me know if you want any more good advice.:LOL::giggle:;);););)

Roads too wet for thrashing it, I wouldn't anyway especially when the boss is in the van. :rofl:

Hope you packed your wellys

Mums always got a pair in the van. Still not another motorhome in sight. Lovely town though, we like it here.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

It could be that there was just a bit of dampness on one or more of the sensors and the run out has worked the moisture out of the system.

Hope all goes well from now on.

I would love to get out but after the GP visit this morning and a warning that my shielding could be extended after 31 July I will behave myself - not worth any risk.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You might get to come n visit when we are here in Hawick at the end of the month if the rally goes ahead, we still need another few vans. Bide your time Helen x

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Yes Stephen exclamation, it’s a Fiat 2018, not long left home and just noticed it, contacting Fiat is a waste of space.

Is it not just in 2 year Fiat warrantee period, in which case ring and ask them or any local fiat Pro garage.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Go on enlighten us, what's a Palemerk?
Derogatory term used by Hawick folk to one of the other Border towns
Hawick supposedly built a sewer system first while others were still sitting on buckets (pales)

Last edited:
OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Is it not just in 2 year Fiat warrantee period, in which case ring and ask them or any local fiat Pro garage.
I did try ringing, 1st fiat dealer too busy to deal with call, told to ring back in half hr, 2nd dealer said it could be numerous things needs a diagnostic and were full booked for 3 weeks. Ive had better info on here than what Fiat gave me.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I don’t know if this is useful but our 2017 FIAT Ducati that we had until last November showed that light on three occasions, each after a heavy dew while parked, After driving for a few miles, as things warmed up, (dried out?) and we stopped and then restarted it disappeared.

It did not reappear until the circumstances reported above recurred.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
I did try ringing, 1st fiat dealer too busy to deal with call, told to ring back in half hr, 2nd dealer said it could be numerous things needs a diagnostic and were full booked for 3 weeks. Ive had better info on here than what Fiat gave me.

|Did you try Amanda at Fiat Italy on the https://www.fiatcamper.com/en/product/services number.

In case I've got it wrong look in your handover books or google your local fiat pro garage and stand your corner. it's their problem not yours!

Ok it's part of the don't ask don't get philosophy, "it's "your" stuff caused this fix it please" also one of the perks of advancing years you don't give "flying fig" as long as you get what your owed/entitled too.

OK am I wrong?????? or happy to discuss

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Glad it`s Fixed. (itself). The warning triangle, is known in Fiat terms as "the throw loads of cash at the Fiat workshops to tell me (you) it`s an intermittent fault and will cost to keep swapping components until it is fixed" Light. (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Glad it`s Fixed. (itself). The warning triangle, is known in Fiat terms as "the throw loads of cash at the Fiat workshops to tell me (you) it`s an intermittent fault and will cost to keep swapping components until it is fixed" Light. (y)
In other words ... its the 'Triangle Of Anguish and Doom' ... aka TOAD light :giggle:

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Roads too wet for thrashing it, I wouldn't anyway especially when the boss is in the van. :rofl:

Mums always got a pair in the van. Still not another motorhome in sight. Lovely town though, we like it here.
I’ve never been to Hawick,but have heard it’s a nice place.....what do you like about it?
Am I right it’s pronounced Hoik...as in oik?
If so,it could be the start of a little ditty,maybe.....

There was a young man from Hawick
Who turned into a terrible oik
................??

Maybe someone will finish it for some entertainment in the rain?! :LOL: :giggle::rofl:

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
There was a young man from Hawick
Who turned into a terrible oik
You know a lot about Hawick for someone who has not been there :RollEyes:
There's nothing wrong with Hawick that Hadrian couldn't have fixed if he had went a bit further north

Distillery along from where irnbru is parked do a nice gin though

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I’ve never been to Hawick,but have heard it’s a nice place.....what do you like about it?
Am I right it’s pronounced Hoik...as in oik?
If so,it could be the start of a little ditty,maybe.....
What do I like about Hawick. Its one of the most welcoming towns for motorhomes I've came across. In fact this morning I've had two local folk at different times this morning come up to me and say its nice to see the camper vans coming back.

From the parking area Its literally a 2 min walk into town, it has toilets and a fresh water tap, local distillery., nice reminder Garfields (y), local burns club literally a minute walk. Go the other way and you are in a very nice park with a museum. Is that enough to convince you. Why don't you come along to the now confirmed Hawick meet at the end of July and experience the town for yourself :)

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
You know a lot about Hawick for someone who has not been there :RollEyes:
There's nothing wrong with Hawick that Hadrian couldn't have fixed if he had went a bit further north

Distillery along from where irnbru is parked do a nice gin though
Ha!
At least 500 years ago (give or take) I worked with a Scottish gentleman called Glen Mowat,he told me a bit about Hawick. My god he could drink......maybe it was the distillery that attracted him,although whisky was his medicine.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
What do I like about Hawick. Its one of the most welcoming towns for motorhomes I've came across. In fact this morning I've had two local folk at different times this morning come up to me and say its nice to see the camper vans coming back.

From the parking area Its literally a 2 min walk into town, it has toilets and a fresh water tap, local distillery., nice reminder Garfields (y), local burns club literally a minute walk. Go the other way and you are in a very nice park with a museum. Is that enough to convince you. Why don't you come along to the now confirmed Hawick meet at the end of July and experience the town for yourself :)

Sounds good!
Won’t be there for two reasons:
1. I’m a miserable old git
2. We’ll be in Suffolk.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
My god he could drink......maybe it was the distillery that attracted him,although whisky was his medicine.
The distillery new they haven't got whisky ready yet
Its a proper distillery rather than some of the gin places that have appeared and is worth a visit
Don't know if they are currently open to the public

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back