Urgent Oil Warning advice, please. (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
One the way to Rodez when we noticed the oil warning light was flashing. The oil level was fine when we set off and, after letting it cool down for 10 minutes, read level again (with the dipstick). Plenty of oil in.
The manual suggests that a flashing oil light means a service is due. The van was serviced according to the schedule and is not due a service until November although we have slightly exceeded the mileage entered into the service record (by about 1000 miles.)
Any advice welcome.
Edit: we have just done the oil light reset procedure and the warning light is now off. So hopefully, we‘re ok.
Thanks.

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Assume its a fiat. Using the mode controls how long is it to next service, also oil change.
Did these 2 counters get reset at last service?

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I've had erroneous oil warnings in the van on startup... I was parked facing down a steep hill.

I've also had oil warnings driving in the car... throwing a car around the roundabouts of Milton Keynes at speed can apparently cause oil starvation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Assume its a fiat. Using the mode controls how long is it to next service, also oil change.
Did these 2 counters get reset at last service?
No it‘s a Peugeot Boxer based Bailey. Not sure my mode controls give that information but, from the service record, a service is due either in November or when the van’s done 38,500. It‘s done a little over that so it seems that it‘s a warning that an oil service is due.
After re-setting (thanks to Two on Tour) the warning is now gone and all seems well. Fingers crossed and thanks to all posters.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
The oil light on my Peugeot Boxer flashers for a few minutes then goes off, oil is fine so it’s just out of sync with the services.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
The oil light on my Bailey with a Boxer cab started flashing will we were traveling in France. Called Peugeot garage. Needs a aervice was the answer "You did one three month ago, thats only 2500 miles" HO! we must have forgotten to clear the service counter bring it and we'll clear it. When we got home they cleared it in about five minutes.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
We had the 'check engine oil' warning each time we started the engine. Our Boxer had been serviced 6 months and 2,000 miles previous. I contacted the dealership and got the following reply. I did as they suggested and had no probs since. (y)

'The check engine oil can be reset, all you need to do it switch on the ignition to glowplugs only (don't start the engine) hold down your foot on the break and accelerator for 15 seconds and then switch off the ignition. After this the check engine should not come on.'

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Wee Bold Davy- thanks, this is what we did after finding the same advice from Two on Tour. I don’t recall there being a message whilst the oil pressure warning light was flashing. As it’s been cleared now, I can’t check. It was a alarming at the time!

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Wee Bold Davy- thanks, this is what we did after finding the same advice from Two on Tour. I don’t recall there being a message whilst the oil pressure warning light was flashing. As it’s been cleared now, I can’t check. It was a alarming at the time!
Yes these events are certainly alarming, they always seem to happen as you're setting off on long journeys 🤪

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back