Urgent Look out for this registration (1 Viewer)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Unfortunately as no one has come forward who actually saw this person under the motorhome, the fact that he was the only person who walked anywhere near our motorhome from the time it was last checked by us (15 mins before hand) is not enough proof that the wheel actually came from our motorhome. As I did not physically see him remove it unless they find the wheel in his possession there is little chance of any progress.

Police muted about cloned number plates too so I am not a very happy bunny at the moment.

Middlesex Police have been asked to visit the registered keeper but I have been told it is doubtful any prosecution will follow.

Its at times like this I wish I had been brought with morals to be honest and forgiving. Perhaps with a different upbringing and better health I would be bribing people to find out the exact address and then taking revenge myself

You need an outside I/R camera, movement actuated security lights, and a shotgun certificate, though not necessarily in that order.
Many years ago, there was a guy who lived in The East End of London, small terraced house. Well, this guy saved and saved, until he could afford an Ariel Square Four. It wouldn't fit in his tiny back yard, and so he chained it to the lamp post outside. It got nicked. Got it back, this time BIG chain, nicked again, and trashed. Recovered, repaired, he got an 18mm insert welded into the fuel tank, and fitted a spark plug. (18mm plugs in those days). Every evening after work, he took one of the HT leads, and put it on the spare plug. One night not long after, he was in bed, and he heard BOOMfrom nearby..............

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi Gail, a bit late but really sorry to hear of another incident - it looks to be well in hand but if there is anything that team Duck can do then give us a shout.

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
You need an outside I/R camera, movement actuated security lights, and a shotgun certificate, though not necessarily in that order.
Many years ago, there was a guy who lived in The East End of London, small terraced house. Well, this guy saved and saved, until he could afford an Ariel Square Four. It wouldn't fit in his tiny back yard, and so he chained it to the lamp post outside. It got nicked. Got it back, this time BIG chain, nicked again, and trashed. Recovered, repaired, he got an 18mm insert welded into the fuel tank, and fitted a spark plug. (18mm plugs in those days). Every evening after work, he took one of the HT leads, and put it on the spare plug. One night not long after, he was in bed, and he heard BOOMfrom nearby..............
Like his style but it wouldn't work for me with memory like mine!! :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years

Love the above story xxxxx

We have an outside IR camera the only problem is that he accessed the wheel from roadside. Pavement side or vehicle front we would have caught him out and there is no where to attach a camera so it sits over the motorhome giving an aerial view. Council wont let us increase the lighting.

As for a shotgun, do I really want to stoop to their level? no anyway cant afford to, I have a family I am responsible for. Nice thought though

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Some good news

Vehicle repaired and the whole lot including repair and full service £220.

What a result !!!!!!

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Love the above story xxxxx

We have an outside IR camera the only problem is that he accessed the wheel from roadside. Pavement side or vehicle front we would have caught him out and there is no where to attach a camera so it sits over the motorhome giving an aerial view. Council wont let us increase the lighting.

As for a shotgun, do I really want to stoop to their level? no anyway cant afford to, I have a family I am responsible for. Nice thought though

Gail.
Are you needing more light to deter people of so your camera gets a better view.
If it's for your camera then you an get 12v IR illuminators or floodlights that can bathe an area in IR light to enable your camera to see more. They are small and easy to mount

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Only just seen this thread. :Blush:

Sorry to hear that you are having hassle and grief again Gail.

Pleased to learn that you are "back on the run" without too much of an expense. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back