Upton on Severn stopover, any good? (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Has anyone stayed the night at this large facility? Campercontact seems unsure about Motorhomes stopping over.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If its the car park on the south side of the river they banned overnighting a few years ago as blue badge holders in Motorhomes were taking the piss.

Edit:
Just checked that is the one.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
I have stayed several times overnight when attending the Malvern show. Yes it states no overnighting. This was not enforced as of last Summer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Searchforsites has this info for Upton-Upon-Seven.

Malvern Hills District Council have introduced a new Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) that now permits motorhomes to park, and stay overnight - no camping activities allowed

Up to 1 Hour 50p
Up to 2 Hours £1.00
Up to 4 Hours £2.00
4 Hours plus £3.00
7 days £9.00

And a review from July:
Well what can a say what a lovley little town to stay in as a half way point for us we paid £3.00 for the carpark for 24 hours their was about 6 other campers staying the same night too. We had a good walk around the town a few pints and a lovley chinese to take out. It was a good spot for one night to stay there is trucks who use this carpak too so expect to be woke up about 5 in the mornig but we where ok about that for a early set off. The toilets are public so dont expect the ritz lol happy camping people

Last edited:

Sunnyb

Free Member
Sep 21, 2019
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van 572
Exp
Since 2012
We live about 4 miles from here. I had never really thought about whether it is actually permitted to overnight there but had assumed it wasn't clamped down on as there are usually a couple of vans there whenever we go past, which is quite often. It is used by truckers too as someone has said and is definitely very much a car park, next to the municipal tip too, so I wouldn't be wanting to get my deckchair out. However, it is tidy and it is close to the town and river. Upton is a nice little town for a pootle around and there are some nice bars and restaurants. Bit lacking for food shops but there is a very small co-op and another corner-shop type grocery store.

Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
Excellent bike shop too. Looks very old fashioned but has everything. Not overnighted but parked there. Very convenient

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Missed the pre-booking for the show. Assuming the weather is ok we will probably be there Friday, first time out in the new Autocruise.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
you can stay by the river at Ross on Wye (if you can get a space) if not Ross Rowing club you can also 'hide' behind Labels at Ross but near to the truckstop

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Missed the pre-booking for the show. Assuming the weather is ok we will probably be there Friday, first time out in the new Autocruise.

still booking on here

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Wildcamping booking finished 7th August 9am, you can't pay at the gate.
No problem getting tickets for day visitors.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
weve stayed at upton several times they did ban it for a while but im sure they decided you could stay

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back