Upton Holiday Park, Haworth - Any Takers? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You are more than welcom SC the only limit on places is set by the site, ie when there full threre full, see how you feel and give them a call, book to be with the MHfun group or with the Berry,s
thats the same thing not a choice:ROFLMAO:
Geo

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Sorry Sweet Chariot, missed any posting that you were unwell :( Get well soon. Sounds as though you had a PCI (Stent). If you did, you know there are driving restrictions afterwards?

Thanks for that not sure what a PCI stands for but no Stents fitted had electric impulses to my heart burnt off to stop the bottom half of my heart beating twice as fast as the top called Artrial Fliberation I think.They keep burning them off until the heart beats normal.

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Sounds like what Tony Bliar had done... Glad you're sorted / getting sorted :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
back from Hospital Heart now not beating at 138 resting rather sore around the groin but if recovery goes well will attempt to book in the week any spaces left.::bigsmile:

Good to see that things are going the right way.

Graham

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi all

This meet is getting quite close now, are there any more interested - should be good fun.

Pammy

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Hi Pammy et al

:Sad: Sorry, we have had to cancel... aged aunt has had a bad fall and will need 24 hour care when she comes out of hospital later this week.

Apparently the site does not give refunds but they're considering a 'credit' note for a later visit... Murphy's having a laugh again:Sad:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: BTW. Just a point to be made. I remember the SNOW we used to get in Haworth. The old buses used to have Snow chains fitted. :RollEyes:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi Pammy et al

:Sad: Sorry, we have had to cancel... aged aunt has had a bad fall and will need 24 hour care when she comes out of hospital later this week.

Apparently the site does not give refunds but they're considering a 'credit' note for a later visit... Murphy's having a laugh again:Sad:

Sorry to see that Graham. Hope all works out OK.

Graham

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Pammy et al
Apparently the site does not give refunds but they're considering a 'credit' note for a later visit.

I have to laugh when businesses are so short sighted like this. A full refund with kind message will ensure that you do visit again. The harsh attitude they display will get them exactly what they deserve. Less customers.

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Pammy et al

Very sorry to learn of your aunts fall - never mind these things happen and there'll be loads more opportunities to join in a meet next year when she has recovered.:thumb:

Very shocked about the site not giving refunds - I was only thinking tonight about what would happen if the weather was so bad next weekend that none of us could turn up. May be we should take this sort of thing into consideration when organising meets. Some sites don't want a deposit, some do and some want the full fee up front. I can understand sites wanting deposits in the height of summer when pitches get booked up - there can't be anything more annoying than telling people there are no pitches available and then people don't turn up. :cry:

May be someone else might like to fill your place and then pay you instead of paying the site. I may be able to wangle that if anyone is interested. I have a good way of asking in a telling sort of way - ask Geo

Pammy

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Thanks Pammy, letter arrived today, the site fee has been crdited against a future visit... better than nothing!

...enjoy yourselves !!

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi all Just an update,Pammy has just had phone call from site to update final attendees,an enquiry from Yoolie??( Spelling) for last minuet booking, there is space ,dogs are permitted, can you contact site asap and confirm

As a foot note, anyone wishing to arrive in daylight hrs, should be aware 3.30pm Tup north sees the last useable light, its gets dark early tup there::bigsmile::Eeek:
Club room on site so no weather worries,
see you all there
Geo & Pammy

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
As a foot note, anyone wishing to arrive in daylight hrs, should be aware 3.30pm Tup north sees the last useable light, its gets dark early tup there::bigsmile::Eeek:
Club room on site so no weather worries,
see you all there
Geo & Pammy
Up north? It's darn sarf for some of us :ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to a great weekend.

Graham

LyndonRV

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
i will set of at 130 only 81 miles so should get there before dark i hope

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Same hear Bry, ps you havnt repied to my pm:Blush:
Geo

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Hi all
we'll be there anytime between 12 and 2 pm.
We're taking our walking boots, don't know if 'the moors' are close by, but they'll get us to the pub !
Also taking wellies and a heater 'cause it's forecast frost ! Oh, and some french red antifreeze !
See you all there.

Allen & Eileen

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi all

On the phone this morning, the campsite owner (?) said it had been very wet over the last 2 weeks and even though we are on hard standing, he is putting out some black gripper boards for us (what ever they are - but they sound impressive).:thumb:

Oh and apparently we are a common lot, I asked him to join us for a drink in the pub and he says "do you mean the club?". :ROFLMAO: (he was laughing though).

See you there - can't wait:thumb:

Pammy

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi all
Oh and apparently we are a common lot, I asked him to join us for a drink in the pub and he says "do you mean the club?". :ROFLMAO: (he was laughing though).
Common, us? Ubiquitous maybe but not common surely :ROFLMAO:

We aim to get there between 12 and 1pm - nowhere convenient to stop for lunch on the way :Smile:

Jill's bought new wellies so we'll both be OK in case of rain.

My anti-freeze is creamy and from Manchester - though if it turns out anything like Hope I'll be bringing it all home cos we were forced to go out to pubs there ::bigsmile::roflmto:

Graham

Zozzer

Free Member
Nov 4, 2007
Leigh, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Not Long Enough
Hi Pammy et al

Do you know if they accept dogs please?

if the answer's yes then count us in please:thumb:

Yes they do accept dogs, I was up there last month.
Pity I cant make the meet this time around.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Me & Eileen got back approx 1.30 ish.
Went down into Haworth (how steep is that road ?) and then over the moor to Colne.
Had a good w/e despite the weather, and even managed a walk into Haworth and back in between the rain on Saturday.
Thanks to Pammy for organising, and look forward to the next meet, possibly around valentines day, and Suzy said she'd sort that one !
regards
Allen & Eileen

Zozzer

Free Member
Nov 4, 2007
Leigh, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Not Long Enough
Me & Eileen got back approx 1.30 ish.
<SNIP>
Thanks to Pammy for organising, and look forward to the next meet, possibly around valentines day, and Suzy said she'd sort that one !
regards
Allen & Eileen

Hopefully it is close to Valentines day (fingers crossed).

Lynne and I will definitely be up at Upwood on Friday the 15th as on the Saturday the 16th and Sunday the 17th February 2008, Keighley & Worth Valley Railway hold their Spring Steam Gala. It's a real cracker of an event :thumb:

How about it Pammy ?

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

Lynne and I will definitely be up at Upwood on Friday the 15th as on the Saturday the 16th and Sunday the 17th February 2008, Keighley & Worth Valley Railway hold their Spring Steam Gala. It's a real cracker of an event :thumb:

How about it Pammy ?

Spring In February.

They are optimistic?:roflmto:

Would love to attend.

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years

How about it Pammy ?

Hi all

What can I say. I'll just give you and everyone else a run down of the great weekend we have had at Upwood Holiday farm this weekend.

We arrived last and late due to horrendous traffic going north from Junction 29 to 42 of the M1. The roads leading to the site were not really RV friendly ie, quite narrow, and winding. On one of the left turns we actually scraped the A frame on the road.

As you enter the site itself the entrance is not too bad but then you are faced with a sharp right turn which does not lend itself to RV's. Ours is only 30 foot long but Lyndons was 40 foot and Suzy and Bryans was 37 foot. Fortunately they took a left turn once inside the gate so all they had to do was stop at the toilet block and go and find out where they were to be pitched. As I said we took a right turn and ended up in a right mess. Geo had to do something like an 8 point turn to put us back in the right direction. Now that was not our fault it was the fact that the site does not cater for RV's and the owner says that they prefer all large vehicles to turn left once inside the gate and then park up at the toilet block (like Lyndon and Bryan did). Unfortunately there is no sign at the gate to tell you to do that.

Anyway that was only the start of our problem as once pitched we could not get any electric to the van and after a series of ideas and trials Geo rigged up an extention from the hook up into the van through a window so we did have some electric but not all that we really wanted.

Once set up we met up with old and new faces in the site club house which was a really nice and friendly place to be. The company was great, the drink was good too.

The following day we were faced with horrendous weather, very windy and very wet. Everyone relaxed in their vans all day until after tea and then the weather bated just enough for us to meet up in the local once again. A really good evening was had by all yet again.:thumb:

This morning we got up and the weather was much better, a little breezy but it was not raining. The majority of the group left the site about mid day but we actually ventured into Haworth to visit the Bronte Village and the Bronte Parsonage Museum. It was absolutely brilliant and well worth the visit. The Bronte house has a lot of the original furniture with photos, transcripts, books etc on show. Outside there is the local church and graveyard. You can go in the church and see where the Bronte crypt is although when I say that, it is actually underneath one of the church pillars so there's not a lot to see but again well worth the visit.

When you walk down the cobbled road you then come into the actual Bronte Village itself where the original buildings on a cobbled street were. There are shops there selling all sorts of interesting things, there was an epothecary which sold some really dated items ie., carbollic soap (that brought back memories I can tell you).

When you visit this place you need to allow a whole day for it, we allowed ourselves 2 hours which was no where near enough.

On the whole I think everyone had a great time, the site is wonderfully kept, the toilet blocks are huge, immaculately kept and warm. The club house is a very friendly place and is clean, warm and comfortable (apart from the loos in the club house which have got to be the coldest I have ever been in).

The site is set amongst the most beautiful scenery I have been on, very high up above the Yorkshire Moors, fabulous.

I would only recommend this site for European vans not RV's which is a real shame. And because it is so high up in the hills I would only recommend a stay in the summer months when it's warmer (even though these days you can't be guaranteed of good weather at any time).

Also with the site, remember that when you book you have to also pay at the same time and if you have to cancel you will only get a credit note for a visit at another time. They do not offer refunds. I know SNG (Sheilagh and Graham) have received their credit note and I can honestly say they will have a great time. I hope that when they have make their new booking they will post on here so that some other motorhome fun members can join them.

Anyway, that's all for my ramblings tonight, keep watching the meets posts, Suzy and I are going to be looking for somewhere to go for a Valentines weekend.

See you soon
Pammy

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
The meet was fab! The scenery was beautiful but it was so wet and windy we couldn't really go out. We spent the time reading which is sometihing I never seem to get time to do at home, even Stephanie read her book!

The club was great it was good to have a chat with everyone and catch up on all their news. I hope we can all do it again soon.

We had intended to go with Geo and Pammy and look at Haworth but when Sunday morning came round we were far too interested in having a long lie in and eating a far too hearty breakfast! then more relaxing! What a fab weekend!

All seems like a lifetime ago now, back in the office and everything is kicking off, drivers not turned in, others complaining that they have been waiting at their delivery point too long, better go and try and sort them out!::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back