Rally Upton Blues Festival Meet 19-23 July 2018 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Waiting for a reply to our last email - hope to have a decision either way soon.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
The list of performers is up on the Upton website. Lots of good acts. Our "Must See" is Rebecca Downes, that girl sure can belt out a song !!!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Wombles. Any news yet please. I don't want to order tickets, if we are not with FUN on this one.

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Heard today from the Festival Chairman that he will email again in a few days as he is away at the moment - will update here as soon as we have any outcome. Know that many will only go if we can have a meet & be pitched together at the Blues so doing our best to persuade the Festival committee but they have a lot of factors to consider.

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Come on Wombles let’s get this one nailed down, if the man requires a little persuasion we know you have the skills to turn his head.

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Can you take me off this list please, had a family gathering come up and as it is taking ages for the organiser at the festival end to come back to you i am cancelling, and meeting up with family

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Can you take me off this list please, had a family gathering come up and as it is taking ages for the organiser at the festival end to come back to you i am cancelling, and meeting up with family
Don't quite understand :unsure:...
If family gathering takes priority, that's all well & good but we can book Upton regardless, if you want to go, just hope that @Wombles can organise Funster together - it's not as if we're waiting for a discount - or are we :confused:?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Langtoftlad Know that some will only want to go if there is a Fun Meet there. You are right there is no discount on this one as the profit from Upton Blues is put back into the local community & most that run it are volunteers & all booking is direct via their website.
With regards to meets & rallies at festivals & events, it's a different experience all being camped together which has encouraged many who have never tried festivals before to give them a go (y) The feedback that we have had from last year is that many members feel safer in a large group, most especially enjoy the company & cameradie of fellow Funsters & lots really value the social gatherings & group trips. Having us & the other Marshals as a point of contact for help if needed again encourages some who might not go along otherwise. If we can get a good camping location & a discount too then that's very popular but not always possible. Each festival is different & we will only organise & run a meet or rally if we think we can make it a better experience for most than going independantly but we need the organisers (normally a team or committee who have to agree any decisions) to work with us to make this possible & often we are the first group they have ever had doing this so a learning curve for all of us!
I will be emailing again on Monday to chase this one so wish me luck :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 20, 2017
Wirksworth, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2006
I would encourage anyone who is thinking of going to this festival to go anyway. It's not as if it's a festival with a fixed, closed site, like most music festivals. You are basically paying to camp, with lots of free music happening in various venues in the town. This year will be my sixth at Upton, never with a group. It's great that @Wombles are trying to do something extra for members, but don't write it off if it doesn't work out. You never know, you might make other new friends. See you there anyway. I probably won't have purple hair, but will be in a 2002 Chausson Welcome 50, so come and say hello.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Mena and I already booked and will be at the gates at 09.00. If a meet cannot be agreed through the organisers then I would suggest arrive in a group or be there when the gates open and there should be a good chance of choosing where you camp up. Plenty of time to organised if you catch my drift.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
When we were 2 of a team of 8 (us as volunteers for the festival) stewards last year getting everyone pitched at Upton Blues we pitched 1500 people the first day & 1800 on the Friday & almost everyone were pitched into the next available space as they came in as it was constant & crazily busy. We were able to direct a few Funsters to a small separate field that was offered last minute but no exclusive field is available this year & that won't work with the numbers interested. The only way to pitch together as a group in the main field is to arrive together but not easy as the traffic on the road outside has to be kept moving so no queuing up for entry. Last year some did opt to go to the hedge line at back of the field (a very long way!) to try & save spaces for friends but that generally didn't work well as some pitched in fire lanes & had to move again. This experience convinced us that the only way to gather for a meet is to have an allocated area but that presents further complications for the organisers as no area available just for us so best coupled with early access but still waiting to hear if this is possible.
On a more positive note we may have another festival meet in Dorset to post soon so look out for that! :Grin:

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
When we were 2 of a team of 8 (us as volunteers for the festival) stewards last year getting everyone pitched at Upton Blues we pitched 1500 people the first day & 1800 on the Friday & almost everyone were pitched into the next available space as they came in as it was constant & crazily busy. We were able to direct a few Funsters to a small separate field that was offered last minute but no exclusive field is available this year & that won't work with the numbers interested. The only way to pitch together as a group in the main field is to arrive together but not easy as the traffic on the road outside has to be kept moving so no queuing up for entry. Last year some did opt to go to the hedge line at back of the field (a very long way!) to try & save spaces for friends but that generally didn't work well as some pitched in fire lanes & had to move again. This experience convinced us that the only way to gather for a meet is to have an allocated area but that presents further complications for the organisers as no area available just for us so best coupled with early access but still waiting to hear if this is possible.
On a more positive note we may have another festival meet in Dorset to post soon so look out for that! :Grin:
Sorry to appear a bit impatient Wombles, but is your post above saying that the organisers have not responded to your email request, and that we do not/will not have a specific FUN Camping area? :(

Cheers,

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Sorry to appear a bit impatient Wombles, but is your post above saying that the organisers have not responded to your email request, and that we do not/will not have a specific FUN Camping area? :(

Cheers,

There have been several comments suggesting that pitching together as a group will be easy enough without an arranged meet so felt we had to share our experience. We are still waiting to hear what is possible - I'm chasing! We would like to know either way now too as have tried for so long with many emails back & forwards.

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Ei
We are still waiting to hear what is possible - I'm chasing! We would like to know either way now too as have tried for so long with many emails back & forwards.
Either they want an organised (pre paid ticket) group of venue supporters, who are registered members of a recognised Motorhome Group, and hold a Natural England camping exemption certificate....................or they don't. :(

If I was an event organiser, I think I'd be happy to accept a block booking from a (pukka) registered group. That way, if there was a problem with behaviour, etc, there would at least be some chance of representation and communication with that registered group.

Cheers,

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
If it turns out that the organisers do not provide a specific area for MHfunsters, then can we arrange between ourselves a place and time where we can all come along and meet up. Possibly at the place where the majority of MHfun people are parked up, I presume those that can arrive together will do so and at least form a small enclave.

We can't arrive before Friday, so maybe the Saturday late morning ? Bring your own booze, make an early start :LOL:;)(y):sleep:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Wombles are we meant to post when we actually buy tickets?
If so I have purchased my ticket.
Will hopefully be starting a list soon of those who have paid & want to be in the Fun & RVOC camping area :)
Just waiting for last few details to be sorted then will post all the info.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back