Rally Upton Blues Festival Meet 19-23 July 2018 (2 Viewers)

Aug 27, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2002
Sorry I do not have mobile no, printed vehicle pass but did not save email. Anne

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Hi sorry for the delay in contacting you but we are arriving on the thursday and have our tickets printed.
Hope its not too late to join you guys our vehicle is Autotrail WA03VBL, once again apologies but been out of the loop due to family probs.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi sorry for the delay in contacting you but we are arriving on the thursday and have our tickets printed.
Hope its not too late to join you guys our vehicle is Autotrail WA03VBL, once again apologies but been out of the loop due to family probs.
Have sent a PM

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
*********************************************************************************
Important - arrivals day arrivals for this meet is Thursday only 9am-5pm as detailed in the first post here
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/upton-blues-festival-meet-19-23-july-2018.157555/
***********************************************************************************************
After that it will be the Upton Blues Stewards parking you up wherever there is space & in the field of their choice - you can ask them if you can join us in the Back Up Field but up to whoever you get. We have worked as volunteer Stewards for them before & as part of a team of just 8 we parked up 1500 one day & 1800 the next so they will be mega busy! Do come over & see your friends if you are pitched in another field - we hope to have a gathering the first evening for anyone that wants it but time & location will be posted on this thread once known.
Know most of you are clear about this but had a few queries so thought best to remind everyone to avoid any disappointment.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
For anyone already booked in or considering this one there is now the option of staying a night or two (or more) at the Cider & Skittles Rally at Weston Super Mare (rural location not far off M5 & great value at £9 a night (y)) https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...0th-17th-july-2018.167456/page-6#post-2871284 before & there's this one in between https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...-park-bridport-12-16-july-booking-now.169467/ which could make venturing south more worthwhile :)

Thanks for that Alan and Karen.
And despite a flurry in the last few hours (Last Minute Dot Com) there's still space at WSM (EHU available) with free (YES! FREE!!!) Cider thrown in.
All you have to do is ask.

Kindest Regards
Derek and Mary Booth AKA Emmitdb and SWMBO

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If anyone is thinking of having a meal out in Upton then best to book now if you haven't already as they will be full & very busy. The Flava Indian Restaurant https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...n_Severn_Malvern_Hills_Worcestershire_En.html just over the bridge in the town does still have some limited availability - we've just managed to book an early evening meal on Friday (y)

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
For info, Just seen this on Festival FB page

UPTON BLUES FESTIVAL is feeling crazy at UPTON BLUES FESTIVAL.
8 July at 20:00 · Upton upon Severn, United Kingdom ·
** COMPETITION **
Get your crafting boxes out, your amazon open to order and hat making skills tuned!

On Sunday 22 July we would like photos of Upton coming alive with a sea of hats! So to help you get into the spirit we are going to give away 4 FULL CAMPING PASSES to THE BEST GROUP SHOT (as decided by the UBF committee).

To enter you need to post your photo in the comments of our post on Sunday 22nd July and to like our UPTON BLUES FESTIVAL FACEBOOK PAGE....

WHAT HAT WILL YOU WEAR?

UPTON BLUES FESTIVAL

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Help Wanted At Upton Blues Festival Campsite In Return For Free Camping
Upton Blues need two people to work as Stewards (same as Marshals) to help man the gateway to the exit (it's near our Meet area) & in the Back Up Field (where we will be). You would have to be able to arrive on Wednesday 18th July so both ready to work 9am-5pm (with break for lunch) on Thursday. In return you each get a free Upton Blues camping ticket or your current ticket reimbursed if you have already paid. Please message us or post here & we will PM you if you are interested or need more info. We will only be on phones from tomorrow as at another Meet but have data so will check & reply as soon as we can.
It would be a good chance for anyone who wants to try this type of role as no experience is necessary & you will be working either with or near us :hi5:
Also posted here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...l-campsite-in-return-for-free-camping.179304/

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Still looking for willing volunteers!
Role on exit gate would be waving arriving vehicles past to get parked up by the rest of the Stewards but allowing those with a Vehicle Pass (like Fun & RVOC members) into the Back Up Field after checking if they need water so a vital role but doesn't require previous experience. Role in the field would be with Alan or I mostly greeting & directing vehicles as needed but won't be on your own so again no experience needed.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Karen [or Alan :unsure:] @Wombles, two quick questions if I may ?

1. Is the field flat? Should I bring levellers just in case.
  2. Will there be room for a Quest pop-up gazebo beside my van or will we be too tightly packed?

...supplementary Q - if spacing is generally advise to be 6m, how is acceptable to pitch up with 2m spacing :confused:? I'm probably getting the wrong end of the stick.

Last edited:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Karen [or Alan :unsure:], two quick questions if I may ?

2. Will there be room for a Quest pop-up gazebo beside my van or will we be too tightly packed?

...supplementary Q - if spacing is generally advise to be 6m, how is acceptable to pitch up with 2m spacing :confused:? I'm probably getting the wrong end of the stick.

If it's the same field as last year it's not too bad around the edges but the middle is quite ridged! :eek:

Wyn

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Karen [or Alan :unsure:] @Wombles, two quick questions if I may ?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Langtoftlad Only on my phone & still learning to use it! Bring ramps - you might be lucky & be level enough but it's a field.
You are welcome to have a shelter or awning - just need to let us know so we can allow space when getting you pitched.
Festival camping is often 2m spacing or less! For Upton they do mention it in the camping ticket T&C . Fine to have enough space for your awning etc & then 2m but any big spaces would get filled by someone in a tent & not fair to take more space for ourselves than everyone else has.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks - I'll bring the gazebo but if I can't pop it up, or it's antisocial to do so, no problem.
I'm not pedantic about being level, I don't think I've used my ramps with the WildAx, usually getting to "that'll do" level by which way round I park.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If it's the same field as last year it's not too bad around the edges but the middle is quite ridged! :eek:

Wyn
It's a different field than we had for Upton Blues last year but the same spot that we had for Sunshine Festival Meet - it has a great view of the Malvern Hills :inlove: Will try & attach a map but on a learning curve with my phone!

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Sis in law has decided to grace us with her presence Friday and Saturday. She's in a B&B about 5 miles away, does any one know if there is a festival car park, other than the camping field or know of somewhere to park ?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Sis in law has decided to grace us with her presence Friday and Saturday. She's in a B&B about 5 miles away, does any one know if there is a festival car park, other than the camping field or know of somewhere to park ?
Know there is a car park next to the camping & one at the top of the town near the RFC that locals use too.

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Hi
Think there's a car park on Hanley Road WR8 0HY - don't know if that is any good?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Back from the fab Jurassic Fields Meet & busy cleaning, washing & restocking the motorhome but will pick up any queries where we can.
Don't forget to print off & bring the Vehicle Pass (this is one of the conditions from the Festival Committee) as displaying this once past the check in point at the Blues Festival camping will help the Stewards to direct you towards & into our area - you are likely to be refused entry to our area without this but if you forget it then please get pitched in the main field & come & see us on Thursday when it's less busy (probably mid afternoon) we may be able to get you moved but with a couple of thousand expected each day it will be fast moving & busy especially in the morning!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This is where we will be - purple X marks the spot - you go through check in the once in the main large (Big Fish) field you then turn right where is marked Exit & into that adjoining (Back Up) field:

Upton Blues Meet 2018.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Is it the same feild as we were in at sunshine fest last year thank you jan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back