Rally Upton Blues Festival Meet 19-23 July 2018 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Karen
You’ve done a fantastic job organising this for us Funsters and I don’t want to upset the Apple cart, so just let us have a go asking as we go in, if they let us in with you then great but if not then that’s fine to, I’m sure we’ll have time to wander over see you guys over the festival weekend anyway:)(y)
No worries - it's better if we can help with this - have sent you a PM :)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I'll check back. I probably have but can't remember. Its an age thing.
I've always had to write things down - I'm easily distracted & would overlook things otherwise! Should see my huge folders for the rallies & meets :blusher:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I've always had to write things down - I'm easily distracted & would overlook things otherwise! Should see my huge folders for the rallies & meets :blusher:
Apparently I have had it and printed it off. Doh!!!! Mind you, I've said just check because we are going and want top place (only joking).

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
I also write everything down but increasingly am unable to read my own writing. Just to be safe print 2 vehicle passes and 2 sets of Festival tickets. In case my mind drifts too much before then our appreciation of your efforts.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I also write everything down but increasingly am unable to read my own writing. Just to be safe print 2 vehicle passes and 2 sets of Festival tickets. In case my mind drifts too much before then our appreciation of your efforts.
Yep, been there.

Aug 27, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2002
Hi I have booked my ticket for the festival and am arriving on Thursday.
Anne Park reg P12 ARK. email newfpark@me.com
Thanks

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Elles Bailey will be headlining the Acoustic Stage on Saturday at the Upton Blues Festival :

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
Sorry Wombles seems I am feted never to attend this event. Must thank you for all your effort and say please remove us from the list. Rex

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Sorry Wombles seems I am feted never to attend this event. Must thank you for all your effort and say please remove us from the list. Rex
Thank you for letting us know - that's a shame but hopefully another time.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Are we too late for this too
I cant find page for details payment etc.
Thanks Jan.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Are we too late for this too
I cant find page for details payment etc.
Thanks Jan.
Hi - you aren't too late - full details are on page 1 of this thread https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...-available-message-now-for-your-space.157555/ which is kept updated.
To join this Meet you need to be able to arrive on Thursday 9am -5pm & ticket booking is direct with Upton Blues:
"Motorhome Fun & RVOC will have first dibs on the same field as we had for Sunshine Festival (known by Upton Blues as the Back Up Field) on Thursday only & if you would like to be pitched in with fellow members then you need to be able to arrive on Thursday between 9am - 5pm & have a Fun/RVOC Meet vehicle pass on display on arrival. To come along to this Meet please book your camping tickets on the Upton Blues website http://www.uptonbluesfestival.com/camping then message us with your first names, registration & email address so we can send the vehicle pass for you to print off & display. This means that after going through ticket entry & getting your wristbands you can be directed to our area by the Camping Stewards without having to stop & ask them & be allowed access to the Back Up Field on the Thursday.
Please note that from Friday onwards other general campers may be pitched in the same field. Alan & I will be parking everyone up on Thursday daytime but we have to apply the same spacing rules as the rest of the Festival camping area which is 2m spacing with 4m fire lanes - if we are spaced too far apart we risk not having an area next year plus other general campers might squeeze in between us! :eek: Full camping terms here .
The area we have been allocated is just off the main field but a great spot with lovely views of the Malvern Hills. For anyone with mobility issues then the main field is a bit closer to the town & Festival. We tried for facilities in this field but not viable so just some Portaloos provided - the water, waste, portacabin toilets & showers are just through the gate in the main field. Suggest arriving with full water & empty waste tanks if possible."

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Still places for this Meet if anyone wants to join us :hi:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If anyone has any old musical instruments they no longer need then please consider donating them to this cause:

"UPTON BLUES FESTIVAL
23 April
As our charity based education programme expands in 2018, we hope to increase the impact of Blues to youngsters in the Midlands by offering them free instruments to practice what they have learned.

You can help and really make a difference!

Do you have an old guitar, keyboard or trumpet in the attic? Does the clarinet you played as a child just gather dust in the corner? Could you change a youngster’s prospects by allowing them an opportunity to play an instrument at home?
We will again be collecting instruments for the Upton Blues Festival. All you need to do is drop the instrument to Grahame at Ye Olde Anchor in Upton upon Severn anytime that suits, or even during the festival itself. If you are struggling to get over to the town then we will even come and collect it from you, but this will decrease the value of the instrument due to expenses incurred.

Do you have anything we can donate to make a difference to these kids, get in touch through FB or the web site or email chairubf@gmail.com

On receipt of your instrument we will assess the quality, make any adjustments and repairs and ship it to a qualifying student. If the instrument is beyond repair or unviable then it will be sold to raise funds for new instruments which will be donated to qualifying students.
Although anonymous donations are accepted, by leaving your contact details, you will receive a thank you letter from the scheme and details of what your instrument has been used for. All data will be securely managed and it will not be given or sold to any third party. Data of instrument donors and students will not be shared and anonymity of both parties will be kept.

“In my experience teaching Blues workshops for Upton Blues over the past 3 years, I have sadly witnessed a sorry state of school instruments. Many disadvantaged students do not have access to instruments in school or at home. When I was at school, I had a saxophone and although it was a pain to lug it around every morning, I felt a sense of pride that it was my own and although it wasn’t worth a huge amount in monetary terms, it was mine and I could play it whenever I liked. That poor, beaten up, old saxophone started my musical journey! It would not be an over exaggeration to say that it really would change some of these students lives if they had their own instruments.”

- Jay Riley, that's me in the photo sitting with a few of the already donated instruments, ready to go to a good home. Not me ready to go - the instruments before anyone asks!
Upton Blues Education Programme "

31166909_2164676093550154_1278676811298897920_n.png

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi , i have got my paper work from Upton blues but i haven't got my vehicle pass yet :crying1:
Graham and Rosie
G5 UGY
sugdon@btinternet.com

Thanks a lot G & R

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Hi i know ive asked this before but is it ok to book this to morrow .
Sorry to be thick but cant find where to book is there a phone number if there is still space thanks jan

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Sorry to be thick but cant find where to book is there a phone number if there is still space thanks jan
We are lucky to have so many rallies & meets this year but each having different ways to book can be confusing.
To book Upton Blues camping tickets this is the link then click on the blue box at the bottom of the page. The tickets are per person not per pitch.
Once your tickets are booked just let us know here & I will email your Vehicle Pass for this meet (y)

JanS

Free Member
May 5, 2018
London/Essex
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
Wombles created a new event:

Upton Blues

I am a new member and have booked to come along to Upton.

UPDATE 26th February
With thanks to the Upton Blues Festival Chairman & the committee - this Meet is now agreed! :hi5:Anyone interested please read all this below:
Motorhome Fun & RVOC will have first dibs on the same field as we had for Sunshine Festival (known by Upton Blues as the Back Up Field) on Thursday only & if you would like to be pitched in with fellow members then you need to be able to arrive on Thursday between 9am - 5pm & have a Fun/RVOC Meet vehicle pass on display on arrival. To come along to this Meet please book your camping tickets on the Upton Blues website http://www.uptonbluesfestival.com/camping then message us with your first names, registration & email address so we can send the vehicle pass for you to print off & display. This means that after going through ticket entry & getting your wristbands you can be directed to our area by the Camping Stewards without having to stop & ask them & be allowed access to the Back Up Field on the Thursday.
Please note that from Friday onwards other general campers may be pitched in the same field. Alan & I will be parking everyone up on Thursday daytime but we have to apply the same spacing rules as the rest of the Festival camping area which is 2m spacing with 4m fire lanes - if we are spaced too far apart we risk not having an area next year plus other general campers might squeeze in between us! :eek: Full camping terms here .
The area we have been allocated is just off the main field but a great spot with lovely views of the Malvern Hills. For anyone with mobility issues then the main field is a bit closer to the town & Festival. We tried for facilities in this field but not viable so just some Portaloos provided - the water, waste, portacabin toilets & showers are just through the gate in the main field. Suggest arriving with full water & empty waste tanks if possible.
Upton Blues also need volunteer Stewards for the general camping area (you can still be pitched in the Fun/RVOC area) so this is an alternative to buying your ticket. Each volunteer will need to do 7 hours work (in the main camping field for the Blues) on either Thursday or Friday to get a free camping ticket (normally £40 plus booking fee per person). We did this last year & it's very busy but we enjoyed it. If you might be interested then please contact us for more info.
We have started the list now (see below) of those who have booked with the Blues & want to be pitched in the Fun/RVOC area - this will be kept updated. We will get the vehicle passes organised & emailed out soon.

Wombles - Karen & Alan (we will be the ones running around like crazy things getting you pitched! :hi: :hi: )

Booked List - tickets bought & details received for Vehicle Pass:

Petenshirley - Pete & Shirley
Aly1 - Alyson
Cal54 - Carol
Viennese - Catherine
Canopus - Ken & Lynda
Carolyn - Carolyn & Nick
PhilandMena - Phil & Mena
Antique - Brian & Val
Indy259 - Chris
Wendo55 - Wendy
SueTayBon - Sue