Rally Chat Upton Blues Festival FUN FIELD Update! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This might be of interest to any Funster musicians or those who have budding talent in their families? :
Xz6ApK2HZkBNaBqYpY6YHJBxSUcldEDdFvNij-SYcQ6_Kch1Ox8NK9y7ULxNQ2RyXwbKiCGhS6udC1rVXsHeivLUq0ptJ3yoVXdn9wRt=s0-d-e1-ft

Do you want to play on the Campsite Stage? - Slots Avaliable.

There are a 3 slots on Fri and 7 slots on Sun free.

Sat is completely full.

Do you want to play?

If you have already signed up - do you want to play again on another day?

This is the stage in the campsite for and by campers only. There is a small stage, small PA and a 6 channel desk with 2 mics and stands. You need to run this - (there is no engineer). You plug your own kit in and play. The idea is for acoustic acts to play. All very relaxed. The campsite stage also has a small bar, coffee, tea and pastries, some bales.... we might do a communal BBQ where campers bring their BBQ's to have a Burn Off..... You need to be a camper to watch and to play on this stage.

Email agi@capabilityevents.co.uk if you want to play / perform / sing / recite poetry / do some stand up or generally perform.

Everything considered!

Yours. Agi

The Upton Blues Festival 21 - 23 July 2017
0EyFIZsXl2MqZQQ6aFvuUJTNcprk97pCJebIvMsVIElYkmuBmk9PRurQ4lOmde9CUGy42OT7YGXF3MiKkQ2YswIbCn83g7Iv_c9WOgsIqXOdtkPOxFNWhNQDAVR0lcjQaYTiSwysz2Mn2SFvYXphsWo=s0-d-e1-ft
The Whole Town
WR8 0HF Upton Upon Severn
United Kingdom
Organised by Grahame Bunn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Just to let you know that I'm a definite! I've booked the time off from work. Couldn't miss this festie!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Here's a list from this thread of who is going :

Wombles - Karen & Alan (volunteers)
Janine (performing)
Geordies
William Lythgoe - Bill & Jenny
RFS - Amanda & Rob
WynandJean
Ciderman - Maria & Andy
Brynric
Catspyjamas
Scottie - John

Possibles:
Movan - Joy
Crazylegs
NickNic

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Anyone else thinking about going to this one?

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Yup booked our tickets, two armchair rock and rollers and a chocolate
Labrador, happy to meet up with others if that's still the plan, we went to the Twinwood festival last year and what a fabulous time we had too, regrettably we have a clash of dates this year so couldn't go again, but this looks like a great alternative.

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Think organisers have mentioned a 2 meter rule between vehicles, check out website to confirm

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Think organisers have mentioned a 2 meter rule between vehicles, check out website to confirm
You are right "Pitches will be set out such that no tent or caravan is closer than 2 metres to any other caravan or tent on an adjacent pitch nor closer than 2 metres to any boundary fence or hedge. Cars may be parked between caravans or tents provided they are not parked closer than 1 metre to a caravan or tent in the same occupancy and at least 2 metres from caravans or tents of other occupancies. A carriageway of at least four metres will be maintained between rows." Full details
This is normal for festivals which is why it's so difficult to get organisers to agree an allocated club area with the 6m spacing that we are used to on rallies. At least we managed it at Mello (y):)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
This is less than two weeks away now.

Any thoughts of people meeting up at this ?

We're leaving Tyneside about 10-00 am so expect to get down there about 3pm on the Friday.

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Hopefully at the gates for 11am ish on Thursday for a spot nearer to the music.
(We got a new pupp so won't get round town too much this year)

Soooooooooooo looking forward to it !!!

RFS

Free Member
Apr 30, 2013
Yarm
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just on my second van but still I'm a newbie
Planning to get there for gates opening too.....

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
No meet or rally at this one :( but here's a list from this thread of who is going :) :

Wombles - Karen & Alan (working for festival as volunteers)
Janine (performing) - Thursday 11am
Geordies - Friday 3pm
William Lythgoe - Bill & Jenny
RFS - Amanda & Rob - Thursday 11am
WynandJean
Ciderman - Maria & Andy
Brynric
Catspyjamas -- Thursday 2ish
Scottie - John
Antique - Brian & Val - Thursday 11am
Crazylegs - Thursday

Possibles:
Movan - Joy

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Unfortunately we won't be able to make this one. :(

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Working as volunteers, although we get to arrive early for briefing, having never been before don't know if we can pitch where we want or where we are allocated :unsure: This means we can't be a hub so if anyone arriving at Thursday 11am wants to put up a Fun flag so others might spot them & pitch nearby then please post here. Would need to nominate a field so those arriving know where to look so would be good if someone who has gone before could advise?

Mar 21, 2015
notts
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2010
Last year we were allocated our place by the marshalls on the one large field.
Previously we could find our own spot.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This is what we were told by the festival chairman when we enquired in January " The question of camping together is a fairly common one we get, we recommend that if there is a group of you that want to pitch up near each other then to try the following. Arrive early and don't pitch up in the popular areas i.e. near the toilets/showers or near the exit or alongside the riverbank all these are land grabbed first. Talk to the security that will be loading the site and explain your aims, they will suggest you pitch further away were no one else is to start with but please be aware that the camp site really does fill up so you will have to accept that there will be people near you at some point!"

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
As said before, the campsite is one humongous field with facilities at one end. It should be possible to have a mini meet further up the field if someone can get a Funster flag flying as soon as they get there on Thursday.

We're getting there Thursday @11am. If we don't manage to meet up, we're playing the campsite stage Friday @1pm and Sunday @4pm and the open mic in the Social Club between 4pm and 8pm. Come and say 'hello' and throw some tomatoes :)

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
I plan to arrive Thursday around 14:00. I say that, but anybody who knows me knows that the reality will be somewhere between 13:00 and 18:00. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just trying to check if one field this year or more. If one field where does anyone suggest is best to try to gather?

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
As far as I know, there is only one field. There might be the opportunity to go to the rear of the field and gather there. Is there a Facebook page where we can ask the question, I wonder?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
As far as I know, there is only one field. There might be the opportunity to go to the rear of the field and gather there. Is there a Facebook page where we can ask the question, I wonder?
Already asked (y) :)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
How about the ones who get there Thursday form an enclave if they can and post on this thread whereabouts that is and what landmarks, or flags etc will help those arriving later to find that area ?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
How about the ones who get there Thursday form an enclave if they can and post on this thread whereabouts that is and what landmarks, or flags etc will help those arriving later to find that area ?
Sounds like a plan (y) - hope everyone has internet access?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Looks like everyone will be directed to fill up the main field first although they do have other fields available but only if/when this gets full. Heading towards the back sounds like the best option?

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Looks like everyone will be directed to fill up the main field first although they do have other fields available but only if/when this gets full. Heading towards the back sounds like the best option?
I reckon that that is the best plan based on my experience of previous years camping there

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just posted these on Sunshine thread as others are taking stuff to sell so thought should post here too in case of interest to any going to Upton Blues :) Please message or PM us for details on the following:

Taylormade & Para-gon Silver Screens
- we have quite a few mostly excellent condition that we are selling on behalf of motorhoming friends - Ford Transit, early & late Fiat Ducato, Renault Master, Merc. Sprinter/VW Crafter
Jormax - New unused 3m Vision Top Grey & Vision gate
Fiamma Roll Tank 23l - new & unused
Weber Go anywhere BBQ & Chimney Starter - new & unused in boxes
Dryrobe Advanced Adult in black & grey - new & unworn
Fiamma Safe Door Frame - set of 3 new
Blue Diamond padded TV bag - used but excellent clean condition
Blue Diamond Windbreak bag - 2 new
Fiamma Level Up single ramp, 2 chocks & carry bag - used but excellent clean condition
Royal A La Carte dinner set melamine 23 pieces - used but very good
Universal mud flaps - pair new
Outdoor Revolution Liteweave awning mat 240cm square - new in bag
Carpetina awning mat 2mx2.5m - new in bag
Black & Decker Dustbuster 240v portable vacuum cleaner - used but excellent clean condition

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Will be there Thursday with friends, will come and find you, loved it last year

RFS

Free Member
Apr 30, 2013
Yarm
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just on my second van but still I'm a newbie
Will be at the gates for 11.00 but don't have a fun flag but will look out for funsters.......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back