Rally Chat Upton Blues Festival FUN FIELD Update! (1 Viewer)

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Went last year for the first time and loved it.
Unfortunately my inconsiderate daughter is getting married that weekend and expects me to walk her down the aisle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It's good to hear such good feedback especially as Upton Blues is all run by volunteers (y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Looks like as well as all the entertainment in Upton there will now also be a stage with acoustic acts (midday until 10pm) & a cafe in the camping field area (y)

"CAMPERS ONLY
For 2017 we have a new feature just for our Super Blues Fest Campers. Our Campers make the Blues Fest work. Without you guys funding the festival it would not work. So - As a little treat we now have a Campsite Stage Bar and Cafe! "

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just got to find some 'My wife left me and the dog's died' Blues songs (y)

"I wuz happy in the EU when that cow May pulled the plug
and then my dog died,
oh merde oh merde oh merde
and then my dog died."

You'll be the first to get it when I've finished it.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
"I wuz happy in the EU when that cow May pulled the plug
and then my dog died,
oh merde oh merde oh merde
and then my dog died."

You'll be the first to get it when I've finished it.

Sounds good so far - keep going :)

We're going to put together a set with 'blue' in the title or lyrics, if anyone's got any suggestions....

Tortie

Free Member
Mar 16, 2017
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
1990 on and off
Hi
We are new funsters and don't know the system yet. We would like to attend and which is the best way of booking to be with the funster group?(n):)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi
We are new funsters and don't know the system yet. We would like to attend and which is the best way of booking to be with the funster group?(n):)
Sadly Upton Blues don't offer dedicated areas for groups but previously Funsters have tried to arrive around the same time so they can be pitched together. Hopefully if we communicate on the forum something similar could happen again this year? Booking is direct with the festival organisers via their website Link Removed & this is a volunteer run event with no discounts as the proceeds from the camping help pay for the acts & the profits go to local good causes.

Last edited:

Tortie

Free Member
Mar 16, 2017
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
1990 on and off
Thanks for the information:). We have just booked Thursday to Monday and hope to meet with other members. If any one wishes to meet up prior entering the sit and take two new funsters and show them the ropes we would be grateful.:rolleyes:
Bill & Jenny

RFS

Free Member
Apr 30, 2013
Yarm
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just on my second van but still I'm a newbie
Hi all

We are also now booked and would gladly rendezvous with other funsters to try and pitch together..... Please let us know.

Amanda and Rob

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thanks for the information:). We have just booked Thursday to Monday and hope to meet with other members. If any one wishes to meet up prior entering the sit and take two new funsters and show them the ropes we would be grateful.:rolleyes:
Bill & Jenny

As with any other music festival if you want to meet up with people and drive in together you will need to do so some considerable distance away, ideally at a proper service area. I'd suggest no closer than Strensham Services on the M5 for this one.

There will be hundreds of people all trying to get into the site at the same time and the marshals will not have time to mess around or be interested in getting into a discussion so if you try and park up 200 yards down the road to wait for someone you will swiftly find yourself moved on with a severe bollocking (y)

Tortie

Free Member
Mar 16, 2017
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
1990 on and off
Hi
I asked a couple of weeks ago if any one wanted to meet up prior to the meet so funsters could possible be parked near to each other. Since then I have had a security problem on my computer, now cleared up, and lost the replies that were sent. If you are interested in meeting at possibly Strensham services on the M5 will you let me know.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hi
I asked a couple of weeks ago if any one wanted to meet up prior to the meet so funsters could possible be parked near to each other. Since then I have had a security problem on my computer, now cleared up, and lost the replies that were sent. If you are interested in meeting at possibly Strensham services on the M5 will you let me know.

Sorry, William, but we're coming in from a different direction. Hope to meet up with you over the weekend though :)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
If anyone is arranging a meet-up let us know, tho guess it will have to be before the start time for the bands ?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Think it needs someone to arrive at the earliest time, pick a good spot away from the most in demand areas, put up a Fun flag then hope others that want to camp together spot them! They then put up more flags so easier to find & maybe message on the forum where they are for those that have internet access. Hopefully enough would get camped together before that area fills up. We still don't know if we can make this one so if anyone wants to do something like this then it might work?!

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
:party2:We're booked and going :party2:

Will totally understand if no-one wants to meet up with us :)

Maria & Andy :cheers:

RFS

Free Member
Apr 30, 2013
Yarm
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just on my second van but still I'm a newbie
We're coming down from Durham and happy to meet up with any southbound travellers or try and meet on site as suggested by 'wombles'

Amanda and Rob

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Alan & I have just been accepted as volunteers for Upton Blues so definitely going now :Grin: Our son is on a summer work placement nearby so great excuse to have some quality family time. We don't know what our duties will be yet or where we will be asked to camp so we don't know if we can help to get Funsters pitched together but will try if we can. Combining a rendezvous on the Thursday morning so as many arrive together as possible then the early ones picking a spot putting up flags & signs & posting location on the forum should enable at least some (that want to) to be together.
This is the official advice from the festival organisers "The question of camping together is a fairly common one we get, we recommend that if there is a group of you that want to pitch up near each other then to try the following. Arrive early and don't pitch up in the popular areas i.e. near the toilets/showers or near the exit or alongside the riverbank all these are land grabbed first. Talk to the security that will be loading the site and explain your aims, they will suggest you pitch further away were no one else is to start with but please be aware that the camp site really does fill up so you will have to accept that there will be people near you at some point!"
If anyone that has been before has any advice on best place to do the above then please post on here.

Here's a list from this thread of who is going
:
Wombles - Karen & Alan (volunteers)
@Janine (performing)
@Geordies
@William Lythgoe - Bill & Jenny
@RFS - Amanda & Rob
@WynandJean
@ciderman - Maria & Andy

Possibles:

@movan - Joy
@brynric
@Crazylegs
@NickNic
@scottie
@catspyjamas

Last edited:

Tortie

Free Member
Mar 16, 2017
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
1990 on and off
Hi
Thanks for the advise. We will look out for signs or flags. As new members we have yet to learn the system.
Bill and Jenny.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi
Thanks for the advise. We will look out for signs or flags. As new members we have yet to learn the system.
Bill and Jenny.
We've not been to Upton Blues before so all new to us too but have heard great things about it (y) Fun rallies are well organised with marshals but meets are more informal gatherings so each one is different. There are always others who are new so you won't be the only ones & we all just help each other :)

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We've been promoted from "possibles" to "ticket holders". We don't live too far away so be able to get there fairly early.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now