Rally Chat Upton Blues 2019 - Would Anyone Like To Organise A Meet? (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Know many really enjoy Upton, the Blues Festival & being pitched with fellow Funsters but us Wombles have family commitments so we can't do this meet again in 2019 :( Sure many of you will still go together but if anyone does want to organise & run this meet then please let us know & we can pass on all the info. & contacts to help you to do this. Dates for 2019 are 18-21 July https://www.uptonbluesfestival.com/ . This is last years thread for info. https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/upton-blues-festival-meet-19-23-july-2018.157555/

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Thanks for posting Karen. I thought I had really reply , as the post has had quite a few views but no replies. I think everyone took one step backwards on this one including me. I may go solo to the event, but as I opted out of many in 2018, I definitely would not be the one to arrange. However thank you for all the stuff you have done this year, and for taking forward the Stratford rally in 2019. You guys are a hard act to follow.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Living in Suffolk would not help in organising this event but we went this year and loved it. Thanks for all your help, you did a great job, and we will go again next year ( just after the Highlands end, Dorset, meet). If nobody steps in we will go anyway.
Phil and Gill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Know many really enjoy Upton, the Blues Festival & being pitched with fellow Funsters but us Wombles have family commitments so we can't do this meet again in 2019 :( Sure many of you will still go together but if anyone does want to organise & run this meet then please let us know & we can pass on all the info. & contacts to help you to do this. Dates for 2019 are 18-21 July https://www.uptonbluesfestival.com/ . This is last years thread for info. https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/upton-blues-festival-meet-19-23-july-2018.157555/
You did a great job organising it Karen and Alan and being in the funster field was a bonus. As you both know , Nick takes his music very seriously and that is why we go so I am afraid we would not want to take on the massive responsibility and risk missing the music, we are very grateful to you both and will be going anyway. We will be seeing you at Jurassic fields etc. Thank you both again.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Last call for anyone to organise a 2019 Upton Blues Meet?! If no takers than the area we had before will go to some other clubs next year.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Last call for anyone to organise a 2019 Upton Blues Meet?! If no takers than the area we had before will go to some other clubs next year.
That would be a shame.

I have been to Upton for the Jazz and it's a great event.

I have no idea how to arrange a festival but as my MH is only 15 mins away I would not object to helping out anyone who does take on the task. Shrewsbury Fireworks will be our first rally so we may get an idea of what's what there.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The minimum that a Meet organiser for Upton needs to do is post a thread on the forum, deal with enquiries (there can be a lot) from members & the Festival Chairman & committee, request & note details of all attending, create & send out vehicle passes, find other volunteers to help, be ready at 8am on arrivals day to prepare, greet & then pitch members (according to Festival spacing & pitching rules with appropriate fire lanes in an unmarked field) arriving throughout the day - theoretically 7 hours work but can be a lot longer if those arriving are delayed as Upton gates don't close until 10pm. For working 7 hours the organiser does get a free camping pass but so does anyone volunteering for the Festival without having to do all the things before. We chose to be organisers rather than just volunteers & give that extra time freely as knew how much better having our own area & being pitched together is for Fun & RVOC members & us doing that was the only way to make that happen.

RFS

Free Member
Apr 30, 2013
Yarm
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just on my second van but still I'm a newbie
Hi @Wombles

I'm now booked for this. Can you give me an idea what's involved in organising this as a rally please?

I'm going to be in the area the day before as I'll be en route from other Fun meets.

If there was demand and support from another Funster I might be able to do something. I'm solo so would struggle on my own I think and want to be enjoying the music too.

Thanks

Rob

RFS

Free Member
Apr 30, 2013
Yarm
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I've read you previous post and wanted reassurance that I'd not be tied up all weekend...

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi @Wombles

I'm now booked for this. Can you give me an idea what's involved in organising this as a rally please?

I'm going to be in the area the day before as I'll be en route from other Fun meets.

If there was demand and support from another Funster I might be able to do something. I'm solo so would struggle on my own I think and want to be enjoying the music too.

Thanks

Rob
I've read you previous post and wanted reassurance that I'd not be tied up all weekend...
Thank you for your messages & interest but there was a cut-off date (now gone) & after that the area that we had was to be offered to other groups. I can PM you with the relevant contact details if you still want to try?
Rallies, in our experience are a lot of admin. work, with having to take bookings & payments on top of what is necessary for a meet. Where members are booking direct with the organiser like Upton Blues that is a meet so should be easier but think they would require a minimum of two people for parking up as at least one has to be available at all times but you can limit the arrivals day for the meet area to just Friday so that you are then free to enjoy the Festival. The rest is as described above & you would need to be there the day before & for there to be a sufficient number booked. You would also need to be confident about parking up spacing & fire lanes (to Festival rules) in an unmarked field & they may require that anyone volunteering for the meet has previous experience of this. We volunteered at many events & festivals helping out at first then running camping fields & we also learnt a lot from helping out on Fun & RVOC rallies but still learning more with each meet & rally now.

RFS

Free Member
Apr 30, 2013
Yarm
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
@Wombles

Thanks for that. I shall just go on my own in that case and look out for fellow funsters....

I'm looking forward to your events next year.....

Rob

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone who is planning on going to Upton Blues this year - there is a competition for 2 free camping tickets on their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/uptonbluesfestival/ which closes at midday tomorrow.
If you win the tickets & you have already bought some it says that yours will be refunded so got to be worth a go! :)

51861622_2762409617110129_397640007977795584_n.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back