Uprating the Weight? Info for you. (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I am in the process of uprating the Hobby to PHGV.

I got the stuff from SVTech and filled in all the Forms and sent them off to Swansea on the 28/29th January by Pony Express.

Today all the stuff came back to me with a request to fill in yet another Form. Here's the reason why.

My Tax ran out on the 31st Jan and, like the good boy I am I put a SORN on the Hobby.........Wrong!!!!

Apparently, Swansea cannot change the status of the vehicle if there isn't Tax on it. That is why they have sent it all back to me with a request to Tax it as a PHGV.

So there you have it. If you intend to uprate the vehicle it MUST be currently Taxed (and not on a SORN)

If there is any Tax to come back they will refund you pro rata.

Regards.

PS I phoned a specific lady in Swansea, the author of a letter enclosed. She gave me the above info and was kind enough to enclose an envelope addressed to her so that my application won't go to the bottom of the pile.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Thank you for the very useful information. You will be paying a month's tax for nothing of course :(

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
I am in the process of uprating the Hobby to PHGV.

I got the stuff from SVTech and filled in all the Forms and sent them off to Swansea on the 28/29th January by Pony Express.

Today all the stuff came back to me with a request to fill in yet another Form. Here's the reason why.

My Tax ran out on the 31st Jan and, like the good boy I am I put a SORN on the Hobby.........Wrong!!!!

Apparently, Swansea cannot change the status of the vehicle if there isn't Tax on it. That is why they have sent it all back to me with a request to Tax it as a PHGV.

So there you have it. If you intend to uprate the vehicle it MUST be currently Taxed (and not on a SORN)

If there is any Tax to come back they will refund you pro rata.

Regards.

PS I phoned a specific lady in Swansea, the author of a letter enclosed. She gave me the above info and was kind enough to enclose an envelope addressed to her so that my application won't go to the bottom of the pile.

Thanks for that (y) Nearly did the same as ours was due but then decided to put 6/12 on it :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Thank you for the very useful information. You will be paying a month's tax for nothing of course :(

Puddleduck,

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
This Tyke (with Scots mother) couldn't possibly accept such a deal, and this is the daft thing.
Although they want me to tax it and wouldn't accept the uprate without applying for the tax, it starts on March 1st.
Me? tight???? squeak, squeak squeak!!!!

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
they are not all locked up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The Bonkers thing is, assuming I get the alteration done before the 1st of March, I can put a SORN on it before then, get the Tax back and change it to monthly DD.
I wasn't allowed the option today.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
YIPPEE!!!!
Garnered from the DVLA website.

Vehicle details
  • 6 month rate £90.75
  • 12 month rate £165.00
  • 6 monthly by direct debit totalling£86.63
  • 12 monthly by direct debit totalling£165.00
  • Monthly by direct debit totalling£173.25 (Monthly payment of approximately £14.44)
  • Vehicle make FIAT
  • Date of first registration 20 September 2007
  • Year of manufacture 2007
  • Cylinder capacity (cc) 2800cc
  • CO₂Emissions Not available
  • Fuel type DIESEL
  • Export marker No
  • Vehicle status Tax not due
  • Vehicle colour WHITE
  • Vehicle type approval Not available
  • Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY
  • Revenue weight 3700kg