Uprating - filling in the V70 (1 Viewer)

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
I am in the process of completing the uprating of our Moto-Trek Peugeot Boxer PVC from 3500 to 4250, I have got the paperwork and new plate from SV Tech and I am now preparing the paperwork to send to the DVLA.

On the V70 form it asks me to complete a section "for goods vehicles over 3500kg revenue weight

Tick if your vehicle has Road Friendly Suspension"

Am I right in thinking that this relates to changes made - air suspension etc, which as mine is a paper exercise hasn't been carried out. Is my vehicle considered unfriendly?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
They normally provide clear instructions having received the sizeable fee.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
"Road Friendly Suspension" is an arrangement whereby closely spaced axles are compensating thus allowing all wheels to stay in contact with the ground even when going over uneven surfaces, so spreading the weight across all axles. A good example would be the 2 or 3 axles on an articulated vehicles trailer (or semi-trailer). A lower rate of duty is normally payable if the vehicle has Road Friendly Suspension.

Daedalus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2013
North Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
I am in the process of completing the uprating of our Moto-Trek Peugeot Boxer PVC from 3500 to 4250, I have got the paperwork and new plate from SV Tech and I am now preparing the paperwork to send to the DVLA.

On the V70 form it asks me to complete a section "for goods vehicles over 3500kg revenue weight

Tick if your vehicle has Road Friendly Suspension"

Am I right in thinking that this relates to changes made - air suspension etc, which as mine is a paper exercise hasn't been carried out. Is my vehicle considered unfriendly?
This has nothing to do with motorhomes - the clue is in the phrase "for goods vehicles over 3500kg revenue weight".
Motorhomes are not and hopefully, never will be "goods" vehicles - ignore it.

OP
OP
P

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
This has nothing to do with motorhomes - the clue is in the phrase "for goods vehicles over 3500kg revenue weight".
Motorhomes are not and hopefully, never will be "goods" vehicles - ignore it.

You sir, can go to the top of the class, thank you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back