Free Member
Jul 29, 2020
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Swift Suntor 590 RS
Exp
Newbies
Have you tried a stove top Mocha pot. Italians love coffee and nearly every Italian home has a mocha pot.
I had one years ago and couldn't get on with it. Probably user error. šŸ¤£ Ended up giving it away I think.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I had one years ago and couldn't get on with it. Probably user error. šŸ¤£ Ended up giving it away I think.
Must be you, we have 3 stainless steel ones, one in the van two at home. Yet to find a pod machine that gives a decent cup of coffee & then there is the silly price per cup plus all the waste packaging.

MobyDick57

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 21, 2019
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
Morelo Loft 78F
Exp
Started 2012, 1st Burstner Ixeo it720, 2nd Carthago C-Tourer i150:)
Suggest you over spec your solar regulator, so if you wish to add more (same wattage) panels you can.
We have a camper van with 2 x 100ah lithium transporter batteries. In stead of buying lots of separate items, we bought a Votronic Triple Charger and bypassed the EBL in the Globecar. This way, when we trade in transferring the batteries and charger is simple.
Solar we put on 3 x 150w panels with an inverter for the microwave and hairdryer.
We originally had Lifos lithium batteries, but the BMS could not handle the discharge. We rejected them after 6 months and replaced with Transporters, so far not even a hint of an issue:) So ensure you research your lithiumā€™s well!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Suggest you over spec your solar regulator, so if you wish to add more (same wattage) panels you can.
We have a camper van with 2 x 100ah lithium transporter batteries. In stead of buying lots of separate items, we bought a Votronic Triple Charger and bypassed the EBL in the Globecar. This way, when we trade in transferring the batteries and charger is simple.
Solar we put on 3 x 150w panels with an inverter for the microwave and hairdryer.
We originally had Lifos lithium batteries, but the BMS could not handle the discharge. We rejected them after 6 months and replaced with Transporters, so far not even a hint of an issue:) So ensure you research your lithiumā€™s well!
Which BMS Moby ? BMV ?

Norman Jones

Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Nr Aberystwyth
Funster No
MH
A class, Hymer 620 mli
Exp
since 1982
We always go off grid and have 165w solar (Flexi self adhesive type), 2 Varta 90w batteries.
Works very well but only use 300w sine wave inverter for recharging etc. No hair dryer or TV.

Sep 5, 2013
Dordogne, france
Funster No
MH
Rapido 696FF
Exp
since 2013
There is a lot of talk about extra solar panels, and the like, but we have a small generator fixed in the rear locker and it has a short lead that just plugs into the electric input socket on the van. Et Voila....instant 240 volt. Mrs Simplyjimbo can have hairdryers and such like and we can live off grid as if we were on a mains hook up. I know it's not for everyone, but they are very quiet nowadays, very reasonably priced and when used in moderation are very effective. The exhaust has been re-routed through to the underside of the motorhome and it sips petrol.

MobyDick57

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 21, 2019
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
Morelo Loft 78F
Exp
Started 2012, 1st Burstner Ixeo it720, 2nd Carthago C-Tourer i150:)
Which BMS Moby ? BMV ?
Battery Management System, which is built/attached/included in a lithium leisure battery. Good lithium batteries are able to charge and discharge energy very quickly, however if your demand exceeds the BMS, then it will stop the battery charging. To rectify, one needs to run the battery to empty to reset the BMS. So focus on the BMS max charge/discharge figures:) Because not all 100ah lithium batteries are the same. Eg Tesla batteries v BMW batteries.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
There is a lot of talk about extra solar panels, and the like, but we have a small generator fixed in the rear locker and it has a short lead that just plugs into the electric input socket on the van. Et Voila....instant 240 volt. Mrs Simplyjimbo can have hairdryers and such like and we can live off grid as if we were on a mains hook up. I know it's not for everyone, but they are very quiet nowadays, very reasonably priced and when used in moderation are very effective. The exhaust has been re-routed through to the underside of the motorhome and it sips petrol.
Please be careful with the exhaust.

Carbon Monoxide can and will kill you if the exhaust fails or any modification to it fails.

Oct 27, 2017
Burntwood, Staffs.
Funster No
MH
2013 Autocruise Accent
Exp
Since 2013
My thought as well, especially off grid.

OP
OP
Toady
Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Just an update.
We had all the goodies installed by Eddieā€™s team at Van Bitz. They did a great job on the installation. Only thing not fitted was the lithium batteries as the lead acid were still good to go. All the equipment fitted is compatible with lithium so will add the batteries in due course.
Still getting my head around how everything works but the Victron Inverter/Charger is a great bit of kit.

Norman Jones

Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Nr Aberystwyth
Funster No
MH
A class, Hymer 620 mli
Exp
since 1982
With the season we've just had you need to invest in hydro electric, fire and wind power.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back